“Happy birthday Brian!”

Bosun's Locker
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in New Quay
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WE ARE BACK, after our winter break refreshed and with new ideas and luxury food for you all to enjoy. Another new aspect for Bosuns this year is our Facebook page so pop along search for Bosuns and give us a like or friend request. We also do special meals via prebooking, afternoon teas and various special events throughout the year. If you wish to know more please contact Jayne didcote at Bosun's Locker. PLEASE NOTE: OUR CAKES AND PRODUCTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FROM BOSUNS LOCKER WE DO NOT SUPPLY ANY OTHER RETAIL OUTLET. WE are still available for outside catering where myself and our staff will be present to ensure the quality and standards of our products is alway high. Please note we are now back on winter opening hours Wednesday - Sunday. What's happening Midweek meal deal - enjoy our roast dinners every Thursday Saturday 25th March, Mother's Day afternoon vintage tea, book essential Sunday 26th March special Mothering Sunday lunch. Booking essential.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Brian and his friendly team serve traditional fresh foods and amazing cakes at excellent value. Well worth the walk back up the hill. Do it you know you want too!

2  Thank minsterlychap

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This cafe was so friendly and the good food was excellent value. Lots of enormous cakes and delicious puddings to choose from. We enjoyed Sunday lunch there and there was so much food we couldn't eat it all. We couldn't believe how small the bill was at the end of the meal!

2  Thank fahdler
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The owners made us feel very welcome when we visited here for lunch. The biggest problem we had was trying to choose between the homemade cakes!

1  Thank StuJOli
Reviewed July 22, 2014

First went to this café based on tripadvisor reviews and as it was late in the day couldn't get a meal, so decided instead to get some cakes boxed to go. As we ate them on the bench outside I couldn't believe it- I'm an avid baked myself but these cakes were the BEST I had ever had- and not just one of them but all the varieties we tried. I had the cherry bakewell sponge. It was so moist and fantastic my mouth is waterering now!
After this we knew we had to try the sunday lunch everyone was raving about. After all surely they couldn't do savoury as well? we didn't have a booking until 3 (they are very popular) but when my husband and our 3 children arrived we felt so at home, nothing was too much trouble and the children were totally welcomed. The hosts are amazing the lunch totally home cooked and the pudding to die for- I had the strawberry custard tart.
we even got treats boxed for our journey home, the stilton and walnut quiche made the 5 hours drive fly by. whatever you choose will be fabulous- I cannot believe the talent of the lady owner who bakes everything herself and with the hosting of her and her husband everything is perfect. If there is fault to be found in Bosums locker I couldn't find it!

3  Thank Shauna28lamb
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We called in to see Brian and Jane, and had an excellent lunch of goats cheese salad and tuna baguette. Came back the next day for a slice of homemade cake. This is the best cafe in Newquay, not to be missed.

1  Thank J J