“Let them eat cake!!!”

Bosun's Locker
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in New Quay
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WE ARE BACK, after our winter break refreshed and with new ideas and luxury food for you all to enjoy. Another new aspect for Bosuns this year is our Facebook page so pop along search for Bosuns and give us a like or friend request. We also do special meals via prebooking, afternoon teas and various special events throughout the year. If you wish to know more please contact Jayne didcote at Bosun's Locker. PLEASE NOTE: OUR CAKES AND PRODUCTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FROM BOSUNS LOCKER WE DO NOT SUPPLY ANY OTHER RETAIL OUTLET. WE are still available for outside catering where myself and our staff will be present to ensure the quality and standards of our products is alway high. Please note we are now back on winter opening hours Wednesday - Sunday. What's happening Midweek meal deal - enjoy our roast dinners every Thursday Saturday 25th March, Mother's Day afternoon vintage tea, book essential Sunday 26th March special Mothering Sunday lunch. Booking essential.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

You haven't eaten cake unless you have eaten a cake at Bosun's!!! Myself and my best friend went back to New Quay to reminisce about when we were 15!! We had read about the cakes so knew we had to visit!! The welcome was friendly, the coffee quenching and the cakes to die for!!! I can honestly say I have never eaten such a nice cream scone, it was scrummy!! Thank goodness we don't live closer or I would be putting on stones!!! We'll done!

3  Thank Emma P

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stopped off here with our 2 year old daughter today and were struck with the friendly welcome and the standard of the food. The soups looked good although we plumped for a brie, bacon and cranberry baguette each which was very filling and delicious. Unfortunately this left no room for the cakes which looked equally appetising. All in all, highly recommended.

As a general note, New Quay is not the largest place and so parking can be a little tight. My suggestion would be to park in the main car park on the top of the village and walk into the 5 minutes to the cafe.

2  Thank ehillier1975
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have never had such lovely home made cakes, we would make a point of going here every day on the way back from the town scones to die for, great big things, lovely, now I have read the other reviews we never thought of going in for a meal, side tracked by cake but will do so when we are back in October this year, the cakes were a highlight of last years October holiday as you can tell I like cake.

2  Thank bearsinbrum
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Well had to come back to this little gem while I was in the area, what can I say, do not miss this food experience. The owners are the perfect hosts and nothing is too much trouble, all their food is home made and fresh, this time the family have tried the cooked breakfast, the cakes ( which are to die for, and you have to buy more than one just to taste them), and the Sunday lunch, omg !!!!!,

2  Thank Thomas_bridgend
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We tried to walk away from the more frequented areas and came across this coffee shop by chance. And we are so glad with did.

A huge range of freshly baked cakes and the ones we ordered were delicious. Our coffees were nice and strong.

The shop is run by a lovely couple and it was nice chatting to them and the many locals who were popping in. And if the locals use it then it must be good.

Walk a few 100 metres up the hill and away from the harbour. You won't be disappointed.

3  Thank 602Mike0001