“Lovely family holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Quay
Quay West Holiday Park - Haven
Abergele, United Kingdom
“Lovely family holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely weeks holiday at this park during Easter holidays. We booked three caravans in total for our family and were situated close to each other which was ideal. My husband and I paid for an upgrade to a prestige caravan and i'd say it was worth the money for the extra living space and heating in the bedrooms as we have an 8 month old baby. The caravan was lovely, comfortable and modern.
My parents stayed in a superior which was nice and seemed very new but narrower than ours and my brother and family stayed in a standard plus which was nice and a good size but was older than the other caravans and the curtains didn't fit the windows in the living room.
My nieces aged 10 and 8 enjoyed taking part in the activities in the swimming pool (book online for a discount) . We were very lucky for weather over the Easter break and we bought a BBQ to enjoy the outdoors but it is a shame that haven don't provide outdoor seating or decking . For this reason we will look at booking a private caravan next time.
We enjoyed a meal at the mash and barrel, my nieces loved the nighttime entertainment.
We were pleased when we arrived at the caravan to find that the spare bedroom had been set up with space for our travel cot. We have a 'cot size' travel cot (not the square size) and it did also fit in our bedroom (gwent 21) at a squeeze.
The pull out bed in the livingroom had seen better days and I think one night sleeping on it was more than enough! (We had friends who joined us for one night)
We were near the owners club and found the noise from the club to be unacceptable on the Saturday night because of our young baby, however it was quiet the rest of the week.
New quay, llangrannog and aberaeron are all worth a visit. We were lucky enough to spot dolphins and seals on a trip into new quay!
I would recommend this site for families or couples during term time. The views from the site are amazing!

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Curly82
Haven-QuayWest, Guest Relations Manager at Quay West Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your review I am pleased that you had a lovely family break here at Quay West and that you were able to take full advantage of the local area - such a beautiful slice of the world we have here.

Sorry that the owners club was too noisy on Saturday night - I am please to see there were no other disturbances during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future.

Annie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had booked this holiday last year and as each Easter,siblings parents all enjoy this break time away. Our family includes 3 small children. When we arrived on the Saturday it was extremely busy and 3 coaches turned into the reception parking area and loaded off boys/young men dressed in sports gear. That first night - we were genuinely frightened. We had youths drinking,shouting singing banging on our windows waking the children; security was called on numerous occasions but still this torment went on until 5am. It seemed the security couldn't cope with the volume of under 18's dominating the site. We were assured the following day after complaining that the boys were being asked to leave -by 7pm it started again-this time we had to sit I the dark worried as they were surrounding our caravan- swearing drinking and being totally unmanned by any adults. Security were drafted in but still couldn't cope. If I wanted to go on a 18/20's holiday - I would have booked one. 3 days were ruined due to no sleep and tired children. We have asked for compensation and await this happening. New quay is a beautiful place and we had a lovely holiday after the tours had left and the kids were able to enjoy the facilities without being subjected to the tours dominating all areas.

We will return to new quay but as we holiday in Easter with haven on a yearly basis, they really let us down in the beginning- it certainly wasn't the holiday family resort they pride themselves on.
But we did enjoy seeing the dolphins in the bay and had great nights out with the sea side crew !

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Missym2010
Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry that the first part of your holiday was disturbed by the sports group who were visiting for the first part of your stay. We are no longer accepting group bookings as a result of your experience.

I do hope that you will holiday here again and please be assured this will not have the chance to happen again with the measures we've put in place.

Please notify me of any future booking details via phone on 01545 560 477 and I will be happy to take a personal interest in all aspects pf ypur booking.

Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was our 4th visit to New quay and I'm glad to say that the park hasn't changed much over the years, overall we had a great time as usual, a standard haven holiday which is what I paid for and was not disappointed.

The Park:
The odd improvement has been made here and there since the old "British Holidays" days, the only downside (and this seems to be a standard on Haven sites) is that there is no shortcut to the entertainment complex, you have to walk all around the crazy golf course every time!
There are great sea views from most of the park but beach access can be a problem with steep slopes and large rocks before you get to the beautifully clean sandy beach, definitely a problem for families with young children or anyone with mobility problems, the rocks at the bottom of the steps could easily be moved to create a path but this would not help with the steep slopes.

Accommodation:
to be honest the caravan was probably the worst we have stayed in, not for the cleanliness, but for the lack of heating in the bedrooms, every caravan we have stayed in in the past has been heated throughout, why has this changed? I realise that we only paid for the basic holiday, but I was disappointed to find that some of the other residents had paid for a £9.50 sun holiday and got a better deal than those of us who paid full price.

Entertainment:
This was my main gripe, on the first night, we were treated to a "comedian", I must say that I'm fairly broad minded but considering that this was meant to be a family show and there were children of all ages in the room, the overall content was to be blunt "disgusting", more in line with the "working men's clubs" than a family holiday, this guy preceded every joke with a comment about "not being rude" or "I know it's a family show, but.." then continued on with his tirade of innuendo and smut, only pausing just short of the "f" word or cutting off mid sentence before actually saying it.
the funstars shows over the next 2 nights were great and then we had a "Bruno Mars" tribute act, again not bad if you like that kind of thing.

Food:
this time we didn't use the Mash and Barrel due to the price and selection (I'm Vegetarian and there was nothing that appealed on the limited menu, the Papa johns pizza was good and in New Quay there are plenty of things to eat (including an amazing Vegetarian Pastie which was cooked fresh while I waited)

On the whole, the holiday was great, nice weather (but cold at night), good clean accommodation (but cold at night) and excellent facilities.

I will definitely go again but would love to see a few small improvements.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank gornalgremlin .
Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I can see that you didn't have heating throughout your caravan. Heating comes in the bedrooms and bathrooms of our deluxe plus caravans or when booking through newspaper promotions a premier caravan. We have heaters that we can provide for you, available from reception as it can get cold.

I have passed your feedback onto our complex manager I hope you will notice an improvement on your next visit with us.

chester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Loved New Quay, what a beautiful place and lots for the kids to do without it costing a fortune. Well worth a visit and we will go back but we will never stay at this site again. Very much over-rates itself, many things it boasts about having, e.g. the swimming pool, are small, old or dirty, sometimes all 3. Staff are generally friendly but didn't really help when we had problems, and we had many, smiled and were pleasant but not massively useful. Our main problem was the noise. If you're going to get involved in all the nightlife etc then it's not a problem I guess but if you want a peaceful holiday or have small children then this is a terrible place to go due to the amount of noise between roughly 10pm and midnight. We complained but it got us nowhere and in the end we came home early rather than go through another night there. New Quay is a beautiful, peaceful place and if you're going there to enjoy that atmosphere you'd be better staying somewhere other than this site.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Anna G
Haven-QuayWest, Guest Relations Manager at Quay West Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our park. New Quay is a beautiful area and we are so lucky to be in such a lovely location.

I am sorry that noise from people passing your caravan.

We provide a wide selection of entertainments in our Live Lounge for the whole family. Some of our acts can continue past 11pm. We encourage our guests to enjoy themselves while they are with us and to be mindful of others staying on park.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact me via email on quaywesttripadvisor@haven.com

Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed in Quay West weekend 11-14 April fantastic location & great site with fab clubhouse swimming pool,crazy golf etc & spotlessly clean, staff were very helpful & polite. Caravans were excellent we had booked a deluxe, but beware if there are touring rugby sides staying there.
We were terrorized on the 1st night by about 15 drunk children/youths who were staying in the caravan along side us.They were banging the windows and hammering the sides of the caravan taking photos of us, wearing masks and 1 boy dropped his trousers.The staff were very helpful and we moved to another better caravan (platinum at 11 o clock that night, my wife was traumatised.
The 2nd & 3rd nights were noisy and there was loud shouting and singing till 3 in the morning Haven had put another group of unsupervised youngsters in the caravan along side us again, Its the worst 3 nights sleep i have ever had on holiday you expect some noise but this was over the top
We were looking forward to a relaxing holiday it was great during the day but at night it was a nightmare

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank david w
Haven-QuayWest, Guest Relations Manager at Quay West Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our park. I am sorry that your stay was interrupted by other guests next door to you. I had hoped moving you to another caravan would have allowed you to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

We advertise and pride ourselves as a family holiday park. The behaviours of the groups involved didn’t allow us to show this.

I have made the decision to refuse future bookings from all groups involved and the tour operator from all Haven Parks.
I would like to contact you regarding this matter if you could please contact me on the email address below or via telephone I would be extremely grateful.

quaywesttripadvisor@haven.com
01545 560 477

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

First time we've taken this type of holiday........loved it.
Checking in was quick, and straightforward.
Caravan looked and smelt clean and was warm, comfortable, and well equiped
Pool and changing area was clean and tidy, with attentive staff.
Bar prices a bit steep, (£3.60 for a pint of bitter) but not the be all and end all for ourselves
On site Spar was quite well stocked and reasonably priced.
Best of all though was the location. Walking along that beach is the best way to start the day, ok so we got lucky with the weather, but rain or shine this is a beautiful place
All in all we really enjoyed our week at Quay West and would not hesitate to recommend it.
Just a shame for us it's so far from North Yorks.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Huw P
Thank you for your fantastic review about us and the team here at Quay West, hearing comments like this always fills us with joy and shows all our efforts and hard work really pays off.

I will have to agree with you - we have a fab location here. I’m so lucky to live and work in the local area.

As I have family in Thirsk, North Yorkshire I can appreciate the journey can be a tiring one. If you would like some information on any of our other Haven sites where I’m sure the team will provide you a fantastic service that may be a little closer to you for a less tiring journey I'd be delighted to help.

You can contact me via email on :quaywesttripadvisor@haven.com

Best Wishes

northamptonshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have just spent the weekend here on a rugby tour with many other teams.
The staff are excellent friendly helpful and very polite. The caravans are of the highest quality, central heating clean and great showers.
The bar and entertainment is first class.
I would highly recommend this holiday park you really will not find better
Thank you to all the staff for making our weekend fantastic.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ihadenough
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for us.

I am pleased to hear the team made you feel welcome and made your time here a memorable one :) I hope you all enjoyed your games and are happy with the results.

Best Wishes

#1 of 6 in St. Dogmaels
The Penwig
The Penwig
#4 of 19 in New Quay

Been to Quay West Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!