“Poor service”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a very poor experience. When I booked table I was told I only had an hour and half to eat then we had to leave, usually this is fine but the service is so slow, there’s hardly time to have a main course let alone a dessert! Service was poor from start to finish. One of the dishes we had wasn't nice. Mentioned to waiter, money was knocked of the bill but the waiter told us it was waste of food and nothing was wrong with it! If your looking for good experience and a nice pleasant evening, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant at all! We weren't even offered a dessert, just the bill!!

1 Thank Leonie A

Newcastle upon Tyne
“Really Good Italian”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Birhday meal with 7 adults and 4 kids on a Sunday night in January. Warm welcome, good table and good service. A cross section of starters, mains, and desserts to include specials and vegetarian all perfectly cooked and served well. Even the kids ate all theirs which is unusual for kids these days.
OK it was happy hour and for the first week in January there were quite a few other diners.
One of the best tasty meals I've had for ages and would not hesitate to go back again. Not easy to keep 11 varied diners all happy but Mama Rosa's did with flying colours.

Whitley Bay
“great meal”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food is really good, the staff are friendly and very helpfull. OK, the table cloths are plastic, but dont let that detract from the experience. We love having half/half for mains, both pizza and past, very tasty.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Not bad if you have no other option”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have visited Mama Rosa's (along with the other restaurants on the seafront at Cullercoats) before on a number of occasions and they are all pretty consistent in quality and menu. Mama Rosa's I would say is aiming at the happy hour market even though they are fairly successful at keeping the restaurant full after happy hour. The food is a typical English take on Italian food and although tasty tends to be fairly standard - pizza's caked in cheese and slightly overcooked pasta. The staff are friendly and the tables laid out cleverly so you are not closer to the person on the next table rather than the person you came with! I visited in Christmas week and opted for the special starter Bruschetta with horse radish cream cheese, smoked mackerel and marinated peppers which was large and really tasty, for main course I had 50/50 pizza/pasta which was fairly bland. I would recommend here for a quick (or local) pizza if there are no other options, its tasty but nothing really special outside of happy hour.

• Visited December 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food,the best Italian in the area!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Visited Mama Rosa yesterday. Cant praise the restaurant highly enough really. The food was absolutely delicious, excellent in taste & value.

The staff were really friendly & extremely helpful when my son decided to change his order after we had already given it to the waiter.

My husband & I shared an Antipasto starter & it is by far the best ive had in any italian restaurant. Loads of fresh seafood & cold cuts of meats & the most beautiful pate (really yummy), Too much on the plate for one person, it was ideal to share.

I ate half pizza,half risotto & again the flavours were fantastic.

I would really recommend this place to anyone who wants quality flavoursome food in a cosy nice atmosphere with fabulous staff!

• Visited November 2012