“Lovely afternoon tea” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Cambridge, Canada
“Lovely afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've been to Abigail's twice now. The first time my husband and I happened upon it by driving through the quaint little town of St. George, which I didn't even know existed. We had tea and scones and it was a wonderfully relaxing and inviting atmosphere. The owners chatted with us, as they did with all their guests. The tea selections were lovely too, which is why today on a cold winter day, when I realized I was out of tea, I thought of going to Abigail's to have an afternoon pot of tea and purchase some needed loose leaf tea for home!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Sharon H

Waterloo, Canada
“Yes, quite exceptional!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Attracted by exceptionally strong ratings of ATH, we set out to try this café for ourselves: Can it really be so good? My wife had the Ploughman's Plate, my choice was the 'Coronation' quiche, and we shared a pot of the Abigail’s Raspberry Cream Earl Grey tea. The ATH proprietors, Lorene and Ivan, while very busy, took time for brief chats to answer our many questions. Well, the tea was splendid, the food was fantastic, the ambiance was delightful, and the hosts were most congenial. To summarize an answer to our question: Yes, it really is that good!

2 Thank GDP321987
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had high tea in this tea room and it was very tasty, with bright cheery surroundings. The selection of teas was very good and the quality as well. Some tea rooms are rather outdated but this was decorated very tastefully with pink and greens. The only down side to Abigail's is that the prices are a bit " steep" for this area. High tea for two runs around $56 plus tax for 2, and especially if the second person is a man, they can generally eat more than was provided. Overall worth checking out.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joan G
Guelph
“So Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

What a delightful and wonderful surprise to happen upon Abigail's Tea House. My daughter (just home from university for the Christmas break) and I knew from the moment we walked through the door that we were about to experience something very special.
From the moment we were greeted by Ivan and escorted to our table we were in awe. The decor was just beautiful. From the birdcage chandeliers hanging from the ceiling to every detail at our table we took in each and every special attention to detail.
As a lover of tea and tearooms, I have been to many, I must say that Abigail's tops the chart in my book.
We decided to partake in the high tea. What a great choice that was. From the starter of a cheese ball and crackers to a delicious chicken salad presented in a tea cup and then to top it off a beautiful three tiered platter with tasty tea sandwiches, eggnog scones and a delightful selection of cookies and squares. We could taste the love in every bite we took. The attention to every detail of the presentation was just perfect. It really made us feel special and we took our time to enjoy this wonderful experience. My daughter was so taken by the presentation that she took pictures of each and every piece of food before she would bite into it.
The most wonderful part of our experience...well that would have to be Lorene. Our many conversations with her during our visit were an absolute joy. I really do believe we are kindred spirits. I spoke of my sister who is currently in the hospital fighting cancer and how she and I share similar experiences. Lorene came back to our table a short while later and said she wanted to put together a little package for my sister (she has never met) as a little get well token. I was overwhelmed by her thoughtfulness and generosity. It took everything in me to maintain my composure and not cry like a baby. It is people like Lorene that make this world a special place.
I cannot wait to return the Abigail's Tea House. Some might say that $28 is a lot for high tea but I would absolutely disagree. I know the time it takes to try and put something like this together and I can honestly say that it is worth each and every penny. It is definitely something everyone should experience. Go and treat yourself...you deserve it.

2 Thank guelphrose
Port Dover, Canada
“Best Quich Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

It was a most wonderful experience, Beautiful Decor and detailing ,Very Clean, Beautifully decorated bathrooms,The food was just what can I say Outragiously wonderful
Can,t describe it Just a wonderful place to go. We will return..