“Great food, attentive service, welcoming atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Canadian, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Wakefield, Canada
“Great food, attentive service, welcoming atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great little tea shop with great, original meals. In the spirit of the High Tea of England, we enjoyed the Garden Tea and the sandwiches were creative and the salads were great.

The owner puts a lot of time and attention into the service and the food. Our particular tastes were catered to and our meal was just lovely.

Highly recommended to anyone who visits the lovely town of St. George.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank ehebertdaly

Brantford, Canada
“Exceptional!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Interesting decor, excellent service, friendly atmosphere.The food is beautifully presented and carefully prepared. Lorene,Ivan and Abigail went out of their way to make sure that I was well looked after.I particularly appreciated the coconut cream tart with real whipped cream.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank souloflyer66
Hamilton, Canada
“TO THE REALLY BEAUTIFUL LADY WITH THE HAIRNET! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My first time visiting Abigails Tea House in lovely St. George on August 17th, 2013 and certainly not the last time. Beautiful place inside and out. Colourful decor - automatically puts a smile on your face when entering. No sooner had I stepped into this fantasy when I was greeted by the owners smiling from ear to ear. I knew that my outing with a girlfriend would be memorable. Details and more details...beautiful presentation, fabulous food, lovely china and service with smile - not to mention tea selection to the moon and back! They cannot do enough to make things perfect in every way. Loved the grand sense of humour of Lorene - you are in the right business! We laughed so much and I am sure stayed a little longer than we should have...but honestly we did not want to leave!! Worth the short drive ...a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the big city...and the best part...a big hug at the end of it all...feels like we have new friends!!!! Cannot wait to get back again...many wishes for great success! Just a tip - maybe get some colourful hairnets to match your fabulous decor and personality...... LOL!

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank ZOOLAND659
“Truly "High Tea"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Lovely atmosphere, beautiful decor, elegant. The food is absolutely delicious with very generous portions. Wide variety of teas - delicious. The owners are friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome, comfortable and to provide a very enjoyable time.

• Visited July 2013
Ontario
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

A friend and I brought our daughters for high tea (lunch) and it was fabulous! Our daughters are 8, 9, 10 and 11, and I called ahead to ensure they were welcome at that age, which I was assured was not a problem. They dressed in their favourite fancy dresses, spent lots of time doing their hair and lip gloss, and they were lovely!

The decor is stunning and the restoration of the building was done with a caring touch. I appreciate this in a time where the popular choice is to demolish something and start over! The atmosphere is not stuffy at all. We spent a lot of time admiring our tea cups, cutlery, and even our napkins!

The owner and her son tended to our needs and both were exceptionally knowledgable. I love the idea that it is a family run business...mom is greeting and seating, son is serving tea and dad is in the kitchen! We have a child with an allergy, and every item that came out was carefully reviewed by the kitchen and confirmed with me prior to setting it on the table. I appreciate this attention to detail more than they know!

The food was exceptional, made with high quality ingredients and prepared with care. We loved that lunch for all of us came on a lovely 3 tiered plate, and there was more than enough for all of us. When we complimented a particular spread, the recipe was shared willingly and with a smile! Tea sandwiches (roast beef with brie), vegetables, fresh scones with butter, cream and jam, a tier of homemade sweets...delicious! The selection of teas is impressive and served with flair in a vintage tea pot.

I definately recommend Abigail's Tea House, and I will definately be taking my daughters again. To find such lovely, warm, genuine service, food and people all in the same establishment is rare. Anyone visiting St George or the surrounding area would be well advised to come here for lunch, even if it is a bit out of your way. I wouldn't say the Brantford/Paris/St George area is especially known for exceptional restaurants, so if you are looking for the one that stands out in every way, this is it! Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013