“Nice Lunch”
Review of The Black Horse

The Black Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Black Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Iver Heath
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I were taken here for a Sunday Lunch by our daughter and partner. They had previously booked a window table. It was my first visit and was quite taken by the layout. We were attentively served by a young waitress and drinks were supplied in quick order. Once we had ordered the place started to fill up with two large groups so the noise level meant that we could no longer hear each other. The wait was becoming unacceptable but the food was excellent having chosen the Steak and Ale pie with veggies and mash. The second drink order for my daughter did take some time to arrive. My daughter had been there before but on a Saturday when perhaps it was quieter or they didn't have such large groups regarded the noise. We shall go again I am sure.

There are newer reviews for The Black Horse

Reviewed January 20, 2014

TRIED to eat at this place this evening. We ordered at 6.50 but when the food hadn't arrived by 7.15 enquired how long it would be? We were then told that they had lost the order but the waitress took it again and said that our food would definitely be ready within 10-15 minutes. When it hadn't arrived 20 minutes later we went looking for the bar manageress - who said she was sorry but nevertheless charged us for drinks. The waitresses seemed to spend a lot of time chatting to fellow customers who appeared to be their best friends and talking to the kitchen staff - which may have been why they didn't manage to give us any food. One to avoid!

Chloe C, Black Horse at The Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

This is really disappointing! We are in the process of addressing this with the team, meanwhile we have sent you a private message. Hopefully you have received this. Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Today I went out for a pub lunch with my Senior Citizens Club and we, to date, have got a favourite eating place but came here for a change. We were not disappointed.
The only downside was that although the staff were very attentive, they were also under a lot of pressure, but that was acceptable because they were also very busy.
The food was very tasty and nicely presented.
It made a lovely day out with friends.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I visited with a friend for lunch and we enjoyed it very much. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food was excellent, and took long enough for us to realise it was being cooked from scratch - that's a real plus. Calves liver, which is so often ruined through overcooking, was perfect. Deserts also a delicious indulgence. Altogether a thoroughly enjoyable visit and I'll be back again!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Met two friends here for lunch. Staff were friendly and welcoming. We ordered from the lunch menu, burger and subs, all were off a good quality. We then had a couple of the mini desserts-what a fab idea to have miniature size options! We were impressed when the creme brûlée was lit at the table. I was further impressed with a sign next to our table saying any tips that were left on this specific table would go to charity-more pubs should do this!

1  Thank Vicky G