If you want a relaxing holiday complete with friendly hosts then come to Panorama Studios. Having stayed in Alykes before, I was excited to book again.
We booked direct and the family couldn't be more welcoming. Free airport transfers, and the air conditioning and safety deposit box were included in the price.
We had a studio overlooking the pool, and salt flats which was lovely to sit on after a relaxing day at the beach. I've read in other reviews that other travellers have had issues with the salt flats, but they're part of the history of the village and should be respected.
The rooms and restaurant were absolutely spotless, and cleaned daily. The housekeeping ladies worked very hard and it doesn't go unnoticed.
The Greek night was brilliant. Included is a barbecue and lots of Greek dancing. I was dragged up a few times and it was fun getting into the spirit of things. We were dancing around the pool and on the streets and at one point they pour Ouzo into your mouth! Such a good laugh, definitely don't miss it!
I can't comment much on the food because (ashamedly) we didn't eat there apart from on the Greek night and at breakfast. I love trying all the little restaurants in Alykes and having a good wander around. The bar drinks were reasonably priced and we did have a few drinks there. Most days for breakfast I had Greek yoghurt and honey; it was DELICIOUS!!!
The pool area was spotless and lots of people seemed to spend their days there. My partner and I are beach people so we didn't spend any time there. I love swimming in the sea, and I'd never book any holiday which wasn't near a beautiful beach. If you go to the beach, you can get two sunbeds and a parasol for 5 euros a day with sunbed drinks service! Go and find Mr Kev...
We hired a car for 40euros for a full day and managed to go all over the island. Can't recommend it it enough!
The only thing I can fault about Panorama Studios was our beds. The double bed in our main room was very hard and squeaked so loudly that every time we moved it woke us up! Half way through the week we moved through to the twin room and pushed the beds together which was better.
We also had a problem with our drain. When I let the water out my bath it came up through the drainage hole in the floor... along with some other things! Dennis fixed it the following morning and we didn't have the problem again. I've never stayed in a Greek hotel which hasn't had this issue. All the bathroom drains in Zante smell, get over it! We didn't like to complain because the family were so lovely and I didn't think any other rooms would be much better.
All in all, we paid £180 for a week with bed and breakfast, which is excellent. We'll definitely stay here again :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodation combines convenience with peace in a quite area surrounded by natural beauty, well kept gardens and a wonderful backdrop of the pine clad mountains. We are positioned behind the salt lakes which gently resonates calm and relaxation while the liveliness of Alykes town with its boutique shopping, nightlife, restaurants and supermarkets are only 250m away. Panorama is only 300m away from Alykes beach. The famous golden sandy beach of Alykes has been awarded the blue falg for cleanliness. It is ideal for families with small children as the sand shelves gently into the Ionian Sea. Many of our guests come from congested cities or busy lives. We want to make sure they feel the relaxing benefits of natural space, so have set our accommodation within 2500 acres of land. This means our 45 deluxe double & family rooms enjoy the extra space and comfort. From its humble beginings in 1986, the Leftakis family has built a reputation for quality, value friendliness and a williness to listen to their customers' needs. This has enabled them to attract regular visitors year on year with some arriving annually for the past 25 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Panorama Studios Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panorama Studios Apartments Hotel Alykes
- Panorama Studios Apartments Alykes, Zakynthos, Greece