“Great holiday”

Ranked #1 of 8 Alykes B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great holiday”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is our second visit to the Clio and the family running the Clio are the friendliest people you will come across in the hotel business. Silver's food is certainly one of the best in Alykes if not Zante and is extremley good value for money, I would recommend half board, Fotis, Vicky and Leonado will do their best to ensure you have a great holiday.

This time my son was unwell for a number of days during our holiday and Fotis helped in arranging the doctor to come to the hotel within a couple of hours. He also helped with driving to the pharmacy and medical centre, Silver also cooked a special diet for several days until he could eat from the normal menu.

With regard to previous comments I am not a family member and have travelled to many countries and would find it difficult to find another establishment where you receive such a warm welcome and first class service.

I am sure this will not be the last time will be visiting the Hotel Clio.

Room Tip: Half board is great value for money Book direct
3 Thank Thomasfamily724

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Greek first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We recently spent 8 nights at the Clio. Along with several of the guests we met, we chose the hotel based mainly on previous TripAdvisor reviews and had high expectations. I'm pleased to say our expectations were met and in some ways exceeded.

The staff are friendly, helpful and care a great deal that their guests have a relaxing and stress-free time during their stay.

The food was excellent and plentiful (we felt bad every time we were too full to finish!).

The rooms were kept very clean and tidy and had everything we needed (i.e. AC!).

Alykes itself is a welcoming resort with no shortage of beach-side bars and tavernas. Every bar we went to had a friendly member of staff waiting to greet us and the prices were very reasonable.

All in all, I do not hesitate in recommending the Clio to anyone wishing to holiday in Zakynthos.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrTea01
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We picked Hotel Clio based on the excellent reviews. We received an excellent service from Fotis before we arrived, always helpful with loads of information in his emails. We had a second floor room facing the hotel next door which was very large and extremely clean. There were loads of mozzies around but the excellent screens allowed us to keep the doors and windows open without being bothered by them. We weren't impressed with the breakfast which was fairly basic and were very disappointed to receive tinned fruit however that would really be the only criticism. We didn't spend much time at the hotel but went out most days - although the excellent sun beds around the pool were very tempting. It was our first time at the Clio although most of the other guests seemed to return year after year. The beautiful beach was just a few minutes walk were there was a warm welcome from Kevin at the Bucca Bar. I would mention that Leonardo does make a very good Mojito - definately the best in Aylkes and probably in Zante. All in all an enjoyable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OAPBeachlovers
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We come back time and again to the Clio and every time we have an excellent stay. Fotis and his family are welcoming, professional and generous hosts who look after you from the word go.

The Clio is immacutlate yet comfortable and the new sunbed covers are fantastic (almost as comfortable as the beds) and a great addition to an already lovely pool area. They are more luxurious than you would imagine..the pictures don't do them justice!..

Restaurants and the white sandy beach are 5 minutes walk away, but even if the beach is your thing you'll be torn between the beach and the pool; the view from the pool into the mountains is divine, as is the breeze that passes through.

The Greek night at the hotel is hilarious; you have to join in to really appreciate it, so make sure you gear up for a bit of hot footing around the restaurant..and pool... and lounge..!

The drinks are generously poured and served ice cold and the club sandwiches a real treat for lunch..especially after a late night! Id head to Spikey's in the centre of town for last orders...or bouca bar on the beach for cocktails..

In summary I couldnt recommend a better place in Alykes to simply kick back and chill out for a week. GO and enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sgtbilko_london
solihull
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have been to this hotel many times and know the family very well. They are always improving the hotel and this year the sun loungers are the best anywhere.The family make you very welcome and love the children. My grandchildren have been going to the clio since they were born they are now 11 and 8 and wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Silver is Uncle silver to them.The clio is spotless with the rooms cleaned daily.The restaurant has excellent food cooked by silver who is a fabulous chef.I wouldn;t want to spend a holiday in Zante if I couldn't stay at the Clio. Well done to the family for all their hard work.

1 Thank Annette B
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This small family run hotel was absolutely perfect for us and our little girl. Our daughter is 14 months old so we were a little nervous about taking her to Greece, but booked this hotel based on the many fantastic reviews on here, and we were not let down!

The room was spotlessly clean - cleaned every single day. The grounds of the hotel were also spotless. The pool is a good size with extremely comfortable new sunloungers. The pool didn't have a toddler's pool, however, the owners of the apartments next door (literally 10-15metres away) were good friends with Silva, so had no problem with us using their pool. This was fantastic as this meant we had a choice of pools.

The family were all keen to make sure we had everything we needed and were enjoying ourselves. The thing that makes the Clio stand out is the little touches the family add. Silva made a fuss of our daughter and gave her toys and fresh fruit throughout our stay. Leonardo was instrumetal in helping my partner set up a romantic proposal to myself in the restaurant one night. When the family found out it was my birthday they put on party music and brought out party hats!

The food at the hotel was all freshly cooked and the portions were huge! I had the mixed grill (which being in Greece is Greek style) and I don't know why anyone would want and egg with it! In further response to Gilda Rugby. We had a large pram and we had plenty of room in our ground floor apartment, and had absolutely no problem getting around the complex.

The resort itself is just what we wanted. It is very quiet but that's what made it so relaxing. Perfect for families as the sea is only knee high for a good 50metres, and then only gets deeper very gradually. Sun loungers with a parousol are 5euros for the whole day and we always managed to get one at the front even if we were their late morning. Many of the bars/restaurants had little tykes play equipment, bouncy castles or trampolines which were free to use - perfect for wearing out my daughter while we had something to eat! I also found it extremely reasonably priced to eat out, and spent no where near our budget! The only thing I would say is to make sure you have a good insect repellent. I didn't put any on the first night as I thought i would see how it went -I got eaten alive! Every night after that I put on Jungle Fever cream and never got another bite again! (Just a tip)

I have always had a rule that I don't go back to the same place twice, as I like to experience different countries/islands/resorts. However, I would definitely make an exception for this hotel. If you have small children, and want to be sure that they will be occupied, safe, well looked after and happy - then this is the place for you!

3 Thank Jessdaz
Tetbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Me my husband our two children and my brother have just got back from another fantastic weeks holiday at the Clio. We were greeted at the airport and transported to the hotel to a nice warm welcome and cold drink! We had a fantastic time and the family and staff are always so helpful and kind.
The hotel is so clean and fresh, the rooms are lovely and clean. The sun beds are comfortable which makes relaxing by the pool more enjoyable.

Roll on next year so we can go again.

1 Thank Packer79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alykes
Venus Hotel & Suites
Contessina Hotel
Contessina Hotel
#3 of 51 in Tsilivi
Panorama Studios Apartments

Been to Clio Hotel? Share your experiences!