“A life-saver throughout”

Glamis Castle and Bonnie Dundee Tour from Dundee
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Tayport
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: See the Best of Scotland on one of my half day, full day or multi-day tours starting from St Andrews, Dundee or Edinburgh area. I offer a select range of tours shown on my website and will happily tailor any tour to accommodate special wishes. Just let me know what interests you have (e.g. Scenery, Castles, Distilleries, Lochs, Glens, history, ancestry etc.) and I will aim to ensure you experience the best!
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our first trip abroad and we were originally going to rent a car, but after checking around we found that there was really no need for one. We could get around on buses and trains for our day to day travel. Any special place that we wanted to go could be covered by Strachan Tours. They go everywhere.
Stuart from Strachan Tours picked us up at the airport in Edinburgh and delivered us to our flat in St. Andrews. We took two tours with Paul during the week--one to Edinburgh and another to Edradour Whisky Distillery. Paul had chosen some activities on the Edinburgh tour that he thought we might like, and he hit it dead on. We toured the Britannia and the Edinburgh Castle. He was an excellent guide who was well informed on all there was to see and do in the area. In addition to the ship and castle, he introduced us to several other places that we visited later in the week on a train excursion into Edinburgh. As it was our first trip into the area, we asked him many questions about local customs and culture. He was always happy to help.
On our trip to Edradour, he took us to Dundee and the Laws area on top of the hill. He showed us many things on the way to Edradour, and watched after us as though we were family. He even graciously endured having to look at all my pictures of my dogs, cats and birds on my Ipad.
When we left St. Andrews, Paul picked us up and took us back to the airport in Edinburgh. We wanted to get there very early, and he accommodated our early start. As we were leaving, we saw a friend that we had made in town. As we were saying our goodbyes to him, Paul waited patiently by the van and offered to take pictures of all of us.
Paul and his staff are all entertaining, funny, good-natured and caring. He is the best!

2  Thank 153Laurab153
"fishing"
"closure"
"route"

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been to Scotland 6 times over the past 12 years. Strachan tours is by far the best in the business. Paul was a wonderful guide who will adjust his tour packages to suit the client. Paul was great and an asset to Scotland. He is simply the best guide in Scotland. I employed Paul 4 days and found him to be a great guide and a better friend.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

A good natured fellow named Paul was our driver & guide for a day trip from St. Andrews. The trip looped up to Dundee with a stop there from the top of a hill overlooking the city. The history was given along with some geological facts. We proceeded on to Glamis Castle & we all loved the tour there with it's fantastic history. Then we proceeded to the town where Peter Pan was written & continued on for some magnificent country side scenery. We stopped at a great little country pub for a pleasant lunch. We then traveled to Pitlochry to the quaint whiskey distillery, Edradour & had a lovely tour there. It is a very relaxing way to see a bit of Scotland & not having to deal with the driving/getting lost thing! I truly recommend it.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We are 8 golfers from Norway who have been in Scotland every spring since 1998 to play golf. Most of the times in Fife area. We have used Strachan Tours 6 times now and can recommend Paul to anyone. He is very polite and has been very helpful finding golfcourses and places to stay. You can always thrust Paul and I will soon be in touch for next year.

Kind Regards
Kaare I. Monsen
MASGA

Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Hi Kaare, Many thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciated. I look forward to seeing you all again next year.
Best Wishes