“Fantastic stay!”
Review of Toxotis Villas

and 1 more site!
Toxotis Villas
Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you are looking for a fantastic holiday at a quiet greek Island with a great location and peaceful surroundings away from it all, this is an excellent choice! Just finished a few years ago, this complex of 3 villas with several apartments in each is run by the extremely nice and accommodating couple Costas and Maria. The villas have all the right qualities: beautiful location and architecture, on the cliffs facing westward by the sea with big terraces and lovely sunsets (you can walk down a path to the water for you morning swim); a beautiful and clean infinity pool area with great sunbeds and shed; with high quality furnishings and outfittings; quality fresh breakfast delivered every day in the fridge; a helpful and service minded staff (excellent cleaning every day) and a nice garden surrounding the entire complex. Located less than 10 minutes outside of the core of the small village Armenistis, you are close to the charming city beach and most of the very reasonable restaurants serving up fresh and tasty local dishes. Another 10-15 minutes by foot will get you to the larger and beautiful beaches of Livadi and Messakti, of which the latter is the best and with enough waves on windy days to offer one of the best surfing opportunities in Greece. Our teenager kids loved it - this is our 4th summer holiday in Ikaria over a 12 year period, this time travelling with an entourage of 7 - 2 adults and 5 kids aged 10-18. Toxotis is undoubdetly the best accommodation on the island - we rented two apartments to acommodate all of us. A gem to come back to, which we certainly will -highly recommended for couples and families! :-)

Room Tip: Depending on the size of your party, ask specifically where the apartment is located - in which of t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Villas located in the cliff. Fantastic!. Very clean, with breakfast service already in the refrigerator. Cakes and marmelades by mothers. Maria and Kostas have pampered in every way possible.
Well furnished rooms, a garden full of flowers, swimming pool also very clean.
The island is quiet and people are all very willing to provide help if necessary.
We thank and greet Mary and Kostas for a nice holiday we spent.

We will be back as soon as possible.

Ornella Marco Lorenzo

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The villa is fantastic, what we did fall in love seeing the villas on the website has been fully confirmed by reality, there is no type of distortion compared to what you see on the photos.
The villas will immerse in a very relaxed atmosphere, is really nice to live them fully human scale and also very clean.
Kostas and Maria were very nice, helpful and met all our numerous requests for information about the island. Also the island was a happy confirmation of what we needed, relax, visiting beaches and traditional villages.
To date, the memories of that trip are just lovely and we can safely say that we will be back immediately.
A heartfelt thanks to Kostas and Maria for letting us spend 15 days as if we were at home, for the delicious jams and delicious cookies and cakes from their mothers.
We recommend to all a good experience as our.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MassimoBa
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Definitely this is best accommodation in whole island! The owners Maria and Kostas were so nice and helpful. We did feel very welcomed there.
Village of Armenistis within walking distance with some real Greek food to enjoy.
The atmosphere of this small resort very laid back, as well as everywhere in Ikaria.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Being a Greek American from Ikaria, I hadn't been to the island since I was ten years old, that was over thirty years ago. I wanted to take my wife a non Greek to see my where my grandparents came from and for me to reconnect with my ancestors.
I remember when I was ten that there weren't that many accomodations in Armenisti. However my concern now since it was a vacation, was that I wanted a to enjoy my stay in Ikaria at a nice hotel, so I came across Toxotis on the internet. I called and I booked with Vaso paid by credit card, and when I arrived a few weeks later I was amazed. I couldn't beleive that they had such accomodations in Ikaria.
The suites/apartments were sizable, luxurious, while maintaining the distict look of traditional Ikaria houses. The suite had flat panel TV's with satelite, AC in every room and the service was impecable. They had breakfast and the sheet and towels were changed daily. I enjoyed sitting at the infiniti pool and looking into to North Aegean, to the point where I didnt feel like going anywhere else. The view is breathtaking, the rooms sit on a bluff overlooking the whole sea. The hotel is a 5 minute walk outside of town, which is good since the town is cluttered with people and cars. There are two nice beaches around one km away, its a 20 min walk or a couple of minutes by car. I met the owner Kosta, who was always very helpful, he even drove us to the port when he couldnt locate a taxi that day (our fault we left it for last minute).
All in all I was very happy, and very relaxed after my one week stay. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angelo K
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It was such an important trip for my Partner and I. We needed to get away for a million reasons form the endless hustle and intensity of BIG CITY life and work in Chicago. This location, this island, this hotel provided that perfect respite and opened the door for an overall wonderful connection to IKARIA.

The rooms were clean comfortable and cool. The breezes were sweet, and all we needed was there for us. It took a few to learn how to moderate the room temp. but no problem. Amenities in the room were fine and quite nice. There was breakfast provided each morning, fresh and delicious (Honey YUM YUM). Pool was lovely, an infinity pool- though I wish no smoking was the rule at the pool). Plenty of lush towels.

Bathroom a bit small for us but quite workable. Staff was amazing and helpful and wonderful. Thank you. You make the trip so much better. Villas so close to all the town restaurants (not many) but quite good. The terraces connected onto each villa added so much relaxation time that we didn’t wish to ever leave. Staying at this location made our overall trip even better then it would have been. Thank you to all so very much for this wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharem57
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We just got back from these beautiful villas and it is the best accomodation on the island.

We booked direct with the owners Maria and Kostas via their web site. Maria met us on arrival and took us to villa Thiyra and showed us everything before leaving us to enjoy!

The rooms are cleaned to excellent standard every day, bed linen and towels are changed every 2 days. Toiletries are included, I had taken my own but wished I hadn't but did use them to save luggage weight going home. I will know this next time!

We had a beautiful 4 poster bed which is very comfortable. Hairdryer is very good and full size iron which was useful.

Breakfast is included and the choice is excellent, cereal, yoghurts, honey, fruit, platter of ham/cheese/ frankfurter sausages, this was sometimes changed for tomato/salarmi/cucumber and different cheeses. Orange juice and bottled water and best of all homemade cake and delicious little cinnamon cookies each day. Tea and Coffee are also available in the villa with espresso and filter machines provided. We ate out in the village in the evening, but that will be on a different review.

The pool is stunning and the days when we were sat by the pool you could see walkers going by on the way to Nas stopping and enjoying the view of the villas and pool as the view of them is stunning. You do not need to take towels for the pool area as they are provided in a box near the pool.

Ladies - I recommend you take shoes with GOOD tread on the base as the walkway is steep, but ok. If your in the 2 overlooking the pool this is not a issue. Our villa was below the pool area and had a very private balcony with views across the sea and to the lighthouse, wish I was there now!

Thank you Maria and Kostas for making us so welcome.

We will be going back to this wonderful place.
Any questions please e mail me and I'll try and help.
Lynda

Room Tip: All rooms have stunning view
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LYNDA1502
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armenistis
Erofili Beach Hotel
Pyrgos Exclusive Boutique Villas
Valeta Studios
Valeta Studios
#2 of 6 in Armenistis

Been to Toxotis Villas? Share your experiences!