“Cozy & warm cafè with industrial decor.”
Review of Cafe Dix - CLOSED

Cafe Dix
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Cafe Dix is a small family run Cafe in Hamraborg, Kopavogur. It is a welcoming cafe offering a family-friendly atmosphere and great food. They have a lunch menu, that includes homemade soups with freshly baked bread, quiches, sandwiches. Their signature lunch menu item is fish of the day, wich arrives fresh every morning. They also have a coffee menu with a great selection of coffee, freshly homemade pastries and cakes.
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our visit here and found the food very good: Quiche with chicken, feta, and sun-dried tomato; Cod with cheese on top, potatoes and sweet potatoes, and a side salad.
We also had lattès which were great and on par with coffee that I am used to in Seattle.
They also have a small selection of beer and wine to enjoy with their soups, sandwiches, and fish-of-the-day.
There was a miscommunication between my dad and the very pleasant and polite server and his order for cod was not received. They profusely apologized and ended up refunding us 1000ISK for the trouble.
Many types of people here, couples, singles, young and old, business meetings, etc.
We would definitely come again!

1  Thank KurtGordon

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Café Dix is a great place and I've been there countless times. I can highly recommend it. They have some good food, for example the fish of the day is usually excellent. I also quite like their mexican soup and the sandwiches. All in all I think you can choose from 3 soups and about 10 other hot dishes. They also have cakes, pancakes, paninis, croissants, cup cakes, coffee, beer etc. The café is run by a lovely couple and the staff is very friendly. It has windows from floor to ceiling so it's nice and bright inside.
The only downsides, in my opinion, are that:
a) They don't have french fries (I love french fries)
& b) The chairs could be more comfortable

1  Thank smisty
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went there one Saturday morning, for my morning coffee.
The Apple pie was too tempting. It tasted great and needless to say will stay on my hips for a long time :) but it was so worth it.
Friendly service, nice location. Will surely return

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Really good food, nice atmosphere and cozy feeling. To try is the mexican soup, fish soup and dades cake.