“An Ethiopian wonderland in the concrete desert of Kópavogur”

Minilik Ethiopisk Veitingahus
Ranked #11 of 34 Restaurants in Kopavogur
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As a big fan of exotic cuisines and Ethiopia in general, I had been looking forward to visiting Minilik. As I entered the restaurant for a co-worker's birthday party, I was welcomed with a big and generous Ethiopian smile. I probably read the menu a dozen times before I was ready to make an order, and I ordered a chicken dish. As I had never had Ethiopian food before, I was really surprised at the taste of the first bite. I wasn't sure at all whether I liked it or not. It wasn't bad, but definitely not what I'm used to. A few moments later when I had grown accustomed to the taste, I was absolutely sure I'd have to visit Minilik again soon - and order lamb or beef! The chicken was nevertheless very tasty and eating with bare hands was an experience on its own.

Afterwards, we ordered a coffee ceremony. With only a few people in the restaurant at that hour, a nice elderly couple joined us party guests to have some coffee. I have never in my life had better coffee! The coffee is a reason big enough to go back soon!

I'd recommend Minilik to anyone interested in exotic and exciting food. The coffee ceremony is a must!

4  Thank AlmarDadi

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Compared to Ethiopian places in London, this was expensive (18 euros for a mixed platter that's enough for one), but the food was really tasty and the couple running the place are extremely nice and interesting - we chatted a long while about poetry, journalism, cultures, racism, and Iceland. I wish all the best for the restaurant!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Excellent ethnic food and the best coffee EVER!
Great, friendly people and warm atmosphere.
Prices very reasonable.
I guarantee you will have a wonderful meal at that wonderful place!

2  Thank MarzenaMagdalena
Reviewed June 1, 2012

i never had ethopian food before and was excited to go with my friend to this restaurant at her suggestion. the owners were so friendly and accomodating (even opened both of the doors to get a nice cross breeze going--the Alaskans were getting hot). the food was delicious, well prepared and presented. the cost was very reasonable! just wonderful!!!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

one of those places to go to ,

great staff, great food, great atmosphere , and nice music

all the small things click the right buttons,

"ceremonial coffee" is an experience of its own :)

2  Thank Gunnsieli