“so good and so friendly”

Minilik Ethiopisk Veitingahus
Ranked #12 of 32 Restaurants in Kopavogur
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed June 1, 2012

i never had ethopian food before and was excited to go with my friend to this restaurant at her suggestion. the owners were so friendly and accomodating (even opened both of the doors to get a nice cross breeze going--the Alaskans were getting hot). the food was delicious, well prepared and presented. the cost was very reasonable! just wonderful!!!

There are newer reviews for Minilik Ethiopisk Veitingahus

Reviewed May 25, 2012

one of those places to go to ,

great staff, great food, great atmosphere , and nice music

all the small things click the right buttons,

"ceremonial coffee" is an experience of its own :)

2  Thank Gunnsieli
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Being a fan of...well, food. Especially ethnic food, I got excited as soon as I heard of this place. I was definitely not let down. The service is so great and the owners are so friendly, the food is one of a kind and the coffee ceremony was really a bonus on top of everything. I would highly recommend this place to everyone who loves good food in great atmosphere. It's so great being able to really enjoy sitting and eating out.

1  Thank irizh
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times since it opened two months ago. I am absolutely in love with the place. The food is excellent, the service is friendly, the atmosphere is pleasant. The owners are fabulous people who simply want to share their culture with Iceland. I highly recommend trying the "ceremonial coffee" after your meal. Its well worth the wait! I have now tried most items on the menu and can't find one bad thing to say about the food. It is authentic Ethiopian style, eaten without the use of cutlery (though can be made available upon request).

It truly is simply excellent. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for something unique, delicious and affordable. And I will continue to frequent it myself.

Its also a child friendly environment, and my three year old daughter loves to go.

2  Thank roach921