“Best Cooking Class Ever!”

La Tavola Marche Agriturismo & Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on cooking classes (featured in Budget Travel Magazine and Food & Wine Magazine) are from the 'farm to the table' with the first stop down to the organic farm to collect fresh fruits & veggies! Everything we eat is local & seasonal! Chef Jason shares the secrets of cucina povera (peasant cooking) in full day & half day classes as well as custom packages. Wine tours, olive harvest & truffle hunting available in season.
Naples, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Cooking Class Ever!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

La Tavola Marche is a great place to unwind and just enjoy the beautiful Italian countryside. My friend and I had an incredible weekend! Ashley and Jason are fabulous hosts that really made our stay special. We also took two cooking classes. Jason is an excellent chef and teacher. We learned how to make different types of pasta, sauces and homemade sausage. The classes are small so you are able to get hands on attention from the chef and really learn how to properly make the dish.
Our vacation included hunting for mushrooms in the woods on their property, attending a truffle festival and meeting wonderful people from all over the world! This was a perfect weekend getaway! I highly recommend visiting La Tavola Marche and I can't wait to go back!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sonya C

Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Italian cooking at its best!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Its true what they say, Italian food should be shared with great friends and wine - and this cooking class certainly accomplished this. We had only met that morning, but by the afternoon we felt we were celebrating our acheivements with friends.
The easy recipes ensured that even a true novice (like myself) could get involved, yet the end result looked worthy of an Italian restaurant. I cannot wait to host a dinner party and show off the new skills to friends!
Due to circumstances, I had to take my 9 month old with me to the class and Ashley and Jason were lovely about the uninvited little member-I think Lucinda was quite taken with Jason!
This was a lovely way to spend the day and highly recommended for those in Le Marche - actually a must do!
The accommodation looked lovely as well and had we not already booked we would definitely have stayed there.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nes51g
Parsberg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A check off the Bucket List”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have always wanted to say I went to cooking school in Italy and the opportunity finally presented itself. I had been warned by friends who did the same thing that most cooking classes in Italy were not a 'hands-on experience' so I searched far and wide. I did not care about the location in Italy, only that myself and 2 teenage kids would be exposed to something a bit different and get a hands- on total Italian cooking experience. We hit the jackpot with La Tavola Marche.

Jason, the resident chef, taught myself, and a 14 year old and 16 year old some mad kitchen skills and dishes that we have already recreated since returning home. He was totally relatable no matter what age you are. I had several Ah-ha moments in the 3 classes we took from him. For example, you would think cooking pasta is about the most simple thing you could do in the kitchen, right? Well I picked up a few tips that has changed my pasta for the better, times a 100. I have cooked it twice already in the last week and the kids agree!

Another example is something that Jason calls "mouth feel". After learning about it and creating an example of it I discovered why it is I might dislike a dish even if I love all the ingredients. I will never make that mistake again and have used this technique also since returning home.

The 3 classes we took were: Full Meal which included 2 appetizers, a pasta dish, main course and desert; Pizza Class; and Antipasto class in which we made 8 or 9 dishes. There was food for days! And then we would sneak to the kitchen in the morning and make breakfast out of the leftovers! =) That definitely added even more value!!

Without a doubt, I would recommend taking a class from Jason, relax and drink up! Oh ya, because they provide some GREAT vino in the already amazing price.

Visited April 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This was great fun!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Jason is outstanding and we had no language issues which made learning much faster and easier. There were three of us in an afternnon class and so it was a culinary and cooking delght. We picked the vegetables ourselves and from there went through each individual dish - we only got time to cover the basics but we all learn't valuable skills and techniques from a guy who is clearly a master of his profession. But I need to tell you about the all singing and all dancing Ashley - a great complement to our hard work in the kitchen. A great couple and an excellent way to spend hours, a day; maybe more.

Visited August 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I can chop onions now”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

You arrive home after being at a cooking school & everyone ask what did you cook and when can we come around to sample.

We enjoyed 2 full days & 3 half days of cooking in our 8 day stay. We went with no pre conceived ideas of things to master.

After years of cooking (mainly eating) I can now chop onions & not my fingers. What I learnt was take it slow, savour what you are preparing / cooking & do not rush.

Jason is very patient & passionate about food & you get to eat amazingly fresh products.

We are in the process of putting into practice, the tips, hints & suggestions with food that Jason taught us.

Visited July 2012