“Going down on the books.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sant'Angelo in Vado
La Tavola Marche Agriturismo & Cooking School
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you are going to Italy, the ONLY way to do it is via Agriturismo and my family has stayed at a few. Because we have been to Italy so many times, when we now go, we do not feel the need to rush around and see everything, there's always next time. Like Jason, one of the proprietors, explained to us, there is a difference between traveling and vacationing. This trip was strictly for vacationing!

So we took a siesta nearly everyday, we stayed close to home and took 3 cooking classes which were fun, informative and really a great value. We did go to Fano so we could shop at the open air market, eat homemade gelato and fresh seafood, in that order. And one day, we did a tour with Marco's Way, which Ashley, the other proprietor arranged for us.

Here are a few things I appreciated about the property.
1. We stayed in Mela and I loved the fireplace. My two teenage children also loved it. Jason and Ashley provided wood, free of charge, and we had a good time with it.

2. Mela also has a great kitchen. We used it daily and it helped us save money and definitely added value to our trip. We enjoyed the food we bought at the open air market in Fano there in the kitchen.

3. The beds are very comfortable. The kids even said out of most places we have stayed, the beds here have been the best thus far. I tend to agree when compared to all other European hotels we have stayed at.

4. No Wi-fi or TV-- I know Jason and Ashley will provide a TV with videos for you and you can go into town to catch a WiFi, but really. I enjoy going a week without all the devices and truly just spending time with the people you love. The teenagers got through it unscathed.

5. My children have a true interest in where their food comes from and the ins and outs of a farm. Jason and Ashley willingly helped school them in their interests and were nothing but patient, kind and fun interacting with them.

6. The rolling green hills that surround the property and sound of the river through your windows are glorious.

I am sure I could think of a few more points, but in the end, I am grateful to have had the opportunity to take my kids here, to learn, to rest, to meet Ashley and Jason, and experience their Italy. It was wonderful!

Room Tip: When I return, I will stay in Mela! Besides the fact that the land owners {;)} lived only on the to...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank paigemtyler

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just returned from La Tavola Marche last night. First visit for me (certainly not the last). I have been staying in Agriturismos all over Italy for more than a decade, and this one is tops! Fantastic hosts who are extremely friendly, competent, and accommodating. I asked for cooking classes covering pizza, pasta, vegetarian food, and antipasti, all using healthy local seasonal ingredients. And oh did they deliver! Not a single dish disappointed. And I now feel confident that I can prepare several types of homemade hand cut and stuffed pastas (which was one of my goals) and pizza. The property is gorgeous. Beautiful setting in a valley surrounded by mountains with a river running through it.
The rooms are extremely clean. The cleanest and most comfortable I have stayed in at an agriturismo. All of the advice Jason and Ashley gave me for getting a feel for the local culture, markets, and shops was spot on. From where to grab a slice of the best pizza in Urbino, or the best porchetta panino, or the coolest ceramic shop in Urbania, their advice was right on the money!
If you want an authentic stay in an old farmhouse in the Italian countryside, with fabulous hosts, delicious food, and outstanding cooking classes, look no further! This is the place you want to be!

Room Tip: You can't really go wrong. If you want a fire place, book one of the rooms with a fireplace. Yo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank CulinaryMedicineIL
Reviewed March 12, 2013

In June of 2013 I will have had my third trip to "La Tavola Marche Agriturismo & Cooking School". First time I went was also my first time to Italy. I can not tell you what an amazing time I had. I loved being in the foothills of Italy. I loved that it was remote but also with amazing day trips just 50-90min away. I loved the great hospitality of the hosts (Jason & Ashley). And if you want to learn about country Italian cooking this is the place. If you want to meditate and chill this is the place. If you want to wonder around small town not too far away, this is the place.

Need I say more?

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Evan A
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 weeks touring Italy; loved it. The jewel of our vacation was our one week stay at La Tavola Marche. It was joy from the moment Ashley greeted us in the driveway, and it got better each day that we stayed. The farm is charming, our apartment was clean and comfortable, and the people we met there were great fun. Our day trips to the small villages around the area were delightful; the Le Marche region is beautiful. However, the true sparkling diamonds of Ca’Camone are Ashley and Jason. Jason is a wonderful chief, a gifted teacher, gardener extraordinaire, and great guy. My husband and I took two classes. We learned a bunch and had tons of fun doing it. We had dinner each night and the dinners were wonderful. Dinner at Ca’Camone felt more like a family sharing than a restaurant meal. The meals were delicious and our charming hostess, Ashley, was delightful. She served the meals, poured her homemade digestives, told stories, and entertained us into total joy. Ashley is the authority on what to do and where to go in the local area, an accommodating innkeeper, a talented photographer and writer, and a real sweetheart.
Jason teaches balance in preparing meals; however, as I watched Ashley and Jason, I was very impressed at how they live in balance with each other, and all that is around them. These two young people impressed me beyond words. Their story about living their dream is inspiring. They work very hard and they do it with grace and joy. They treat each one of their guests as if they are their favorite long lost family member or friend. Thank you, Ashley and Jason, for taking the risks and doing the hard work so I and all your guests can share in your success. Our memories of our stay will always be treasured. We look forward to returning.
Tip: check out their website and blog: www.latavolamarche.com & www.latavolamarche.com/blog. You will find great recipes, along with wonderful stories written by Ashley, podcasts, great pictures and travel information. We find it very entertaining.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Claudiamdt
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had an amazing time in La Tavola Marche. The hosts, Ashley and Jason are extremely friendly and made sure we had all we need during our stay.

We fell in love with the beautiful and quiet surroundings once arrived at the inn. It was the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle in the cities. Later, we joined the other guests in the cosy dining area and enjoyed Jason's cooking. Every course was delicious - the roast pork was juicy and tender, and dessert - apple and cinnemon cake - was wonderful.

Our apartment (Fragola) had two rooms and a fully equipped kitchen. It was on the 2nd floor overlooking the lovely garden.

The highlight of our stay was the full-day cooking lesson given by Jason. We made home-made pasta and ravioli in the morning and a 4-course dinner in the afternoon.It was interesting to discuss the difference between Chinese and Western cooking techniques. Jason also made sure the ingredients used in the lesson could be found in our home town.

Thanks again Ashley and Jason!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TravelWorldBug2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The best holiday ever! We were four adults in the Mela apartment. The apartment was very comfortable and fully equipped.
Ashley and Jason are wonderful hosts. Ashley helped us plan day trips to surrounding sites. Jason took us along into the woods searching for mushrooms.
And the food? Just amazing! We did cooking classes and learned so much, then ate fabulously afterwards.
La Tavola Marche is a "great escape", we were sorry we hadn't scheduled more time there, but will make every effort to return any chance we get.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank hempdm
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our two nights at La Tavola Marche were an absolutely incredible experience, but not enough time with Ashley and Jason and their beautiful surrounding land. We really got the royal treatment from our hosts. Our apartment was clean as a whistle and could not have been made to feel any more like home. Watching Ashley and Jason work and interact with the locals, you would never know that these two are not authentic Italians. In fact, the Italian experience that they provided us, gave us more of a feel of real Italian life than anywhere else on our trip.
A cooking class with Jason is an absolute must. He makes his class not only educational, but fun as well. You are taught not only the how's, but the why's. My wife and I could not wait to try our newly learned cooking skills back home. And the food is just incredible. Fresh, flavorful, savory....the words to describe our meals are endless. With the exception of the flour and the pork, every ingredient that we used to prepare our pasta dinner and appetizers were from the garden (and chickens) at La Tavola Marche.
Not only can we not wait to go back, but we'd love to arrange to take our families with us to this amazing little farm land in Italy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple