Hotel Greenwoods Inn &Bar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Royal Palace Hotel(McLeod Ganj)
View Hotel
OYO 1154 The Castle(McLeod Ganj)
Gagan Resorts(Dharamsala)
Hotel RV Inn(Bhagsu Nag)
Hotel Pink White(Dharamsala)
View Hotel
All reviewshot waterexcellent budget hotelmain markethotel is situatedmin walkclean roomsexcellent viewroom service was goodroom heatertriund trekrecommend this hotelperfect locationstandard roomnight staybhagsu nagpeaceful staysight seeing
FilterAll languages

穏やかなときを過ごしたい方にはぴったりです。
Tsushita Meditation Centerも近いですし。
何よりご飯が何を食べても美味しかった!
トマトスープは絶品です。

I stayed this guesthouse at the end of the winter season,
so it was very cold.
In my room the heater had already setted before I asked.
My room including the bathroom was so clean and large, so it's cozy.
The stuff was so kind and calm.
Every meal was very yummy especially tomato soup and paneer paratha!
As Everyone says, this guesthouse is indeed a little bit far from the center of McleodGanj.
But there is clean air, quiet room and beautiful view.
I could use so smooth wi-fi.
So I was not bored during my stay.
I wanna stay this guesthouse again.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank bjork-kana
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Out of the half-dozen hotels I've stayed at while travelling in India, the Greenwoods had by far the cleanest rooms and best service, even compared to more expensive accommodations. The clean toilets, 24/7 hot water, good restaurant, and amazingly helpful and friendly staff were more than worth the couple hundred extra rupees I would have saved staying at some run-down backpacker guest house, as well.

They provided complimentary space heaters, extra blankets, and free filtered water, and the owner was even kind enough to call me and make sure I didn't get lost on my way to the hotel after I got sidetracked taking pictures on my way from the bus stand. The room was a little on the cold side even with the space heater (I visited in December). I just wore my jacket...but I'm sure if I had asked they would have been happy to give me a another heater. Overall my stay here was a high point on my trip to India.

Room Tip: Take a room on one of the upper floors facing the mountains for great views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wanderingmoses
Reviewed November 11, 2012

great location at a great price.

removed from the busy and crowded markets, so very quiet. helps you connect with nature. wake up to the sounds of birds and the clear golden sunshine flooding your room, open your eyes to see green mountains bathed in the morning sun - right from the bed.
also one of the tallest locations around - so u get great views of the mountain ranges and the valley.

value for money is good. INR 890/- and 990/- for 2 types of rooms. the cheaper one is bigger but the views are better on the other side. so pay those extra 100 bucks.

the rooms are new and clean. bathrooms are clean with new fittings.
hot water is available round the clock. u get a small balcony to sit in and enjoy the views.

food is good with ok prices. and they bring it to you fast and hot.

service otherwise is good too. staff are polite and helpful. attentive but not intrusive.

But the place loses 1 point on my review because of a weird policy they seem to have (or at least i was told it was a policy). we asked for the room to be cleaned on the evening of our arrival (mostly because our dirty shoes) and were told that they wont clean it till we stay 24 hours (???)..

overall a good place, clean rooms, good service, great views, quiet surroundings and still only 10-15 mins walking to the market.

will i stay again - yes
will i recommend it - yes

Room Tip: take the mountain side rooms for great views. and try for 2nd floor or 3rd floor rooms. (rooms 203 and 303 would be the best as per my opinion)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank timiresh
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We arrived here with 3 children. The room is new and clean, hot water and great views from the window. Very helpful staff. The location is great since its one of the highest hotels in Bagsu. In the middle of the forest and very quite. On the other hand it's 10 minute walk to the middle of the village where all the restaurants are. Highly reccomanded.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Orentaary
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were 8 people including 2 kids travelling first time to Mcleoadganj. we were welcomed and transported to this cute and friendly hotel....very humble owner...extremely hospitable....excellent indian and continental food...and ...living in the pine forest...just 1 km walking ...5 min drive from main chown...far from the hustle and crowds. we were scheduled to stay for 3 nights...but extended our stay at this hotel for additional 2 nights...because we love the peace that surrounds this place. We would sing aloud every night and it was a memorable trip. Don't forget to taste

1. Senorita Apple Wine.
2. Jimmy's Italian Kitchen
3. Common Ground Cafe- superb tibetian cuisine.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends