“Excellent Host...and memorable stay..homely food!!!!”
Review of New Varuni House

New Varuni House
Ranked #5 of 67 McLeod Ganj B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited Mcloedganj in March 2013. New Varuni House, wow ..the location was fantastic, the view in front of the hotel, amazing....away from hue and cry of the market!!! Anil and Sanjay were fantastic hosts, and make us feel like home. Breakfast (aloo parantha) is still in my mind. Special thanks to Anil for making dinner specially for us!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amit_Sonika

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was looking for a clean, quiet, and friendly place to stay in McLeod Ganj, not too far away from the LTWA (where I was taking Tibetan classes), and with convenient access to shops, restaurants etc. At New Varuni House I got just what I wanted!
Situated just a short walk's distance from the Tibetan Main Temple, this was the perfect place for me. I could concentrate on my studies and, whenever I felt tired, relax and enjoy the many amenities of the place - a welcoming atmosphere, the great food (tasty Indian cuisine at reasonable prices all day long, delivered promptly by the ever smiling room service!), the view from the balcony, a chat with the friendly neighbor, a hot shower, a refreshing sleep on clean sheets... It was perfect.
The New Varuni is run by an efficient, exceptionally helpful and kind manager, who makes sure you feel at home here. The smiles of the super friendly staff, who do an excellent job at keeping the place in apple-pie order, will be among my favorite memories of this trip. During the 10 weeks of my stay, I never once considered moving, and if I should ever return, it will be to stay again at New Varuni House.
I am the sort of person who doesn't much fancy luxury, and I am also not a rich man, but I usually don't much like to compromise about the basics. So I think that I was lucky to have chosen New Varuni House, because what I got here was definitely more than just basic budget accommodation - and I also got it at very, very attractive conditions... 100% recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
NewVaruniHouse, Public Relations Manager at New Varuni House, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for lovely review highlighting our location, views, amenities and accommodation. It's been a joy serving you. Your generous encouragement is much appreciated by our team.Your touching remarks are highly inspiring and motivating for all of us. We would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

First of all hearty thanks to Mr. Sanjay who made our stay a memorable one. He is a great person and manages this place quite well.Hotel service was Great
Food was Excellent. Location is the biggest advantage as it is at a Walking distance to his holiness Dalai Lama temple & market. Rooms are Very clean & spacious. Rooms on the front side have excellent views of the mountains. Would definitely visit this hotel again if I plan to go to Dharamshala.

• Stayed: May 2013
newvaruni, Manager at New Varuni House, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Vinod Ji,
Thank you very much for your kind words. it was really a pleasure heaving you and your family in New Varuni House.we work hard to ensure that your holiday experience is truly memorable.Thank You again for taking your precious time to give us feedback.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel is situated in center of city close to Dalai Lama Temple. Room are neat & clean. Hotel staff is very polite and same is the hotel owner and manager.
Quality of food is good. Overall experience is that this hotel is worth for money.

Room Tip: New Varuni House McLoad Ganj
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Excellent Budget Hotel. Clean and Big Rooms, Huge Bathroom, Cute Balcony, Nice View, Fast Room Service & Very near to Market and Dalai lama Temple. What can you expect more from a budget hotel...??? Highly Recommended by BHARAT MEHTA-ANAND-GUJARAT.

Room Tip: We took 4 rooms and all were very good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bharat-Tourist
newvaruni, Manager at New Varuni House, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your nice feedback. we do our best to make our guests feel comfortable during their stay. i am really glad to hear that you were satisfied with everything in New Varuni House like service, accomodation, view etc. Thanks again and hope to see you again in New Varuni House.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Beautiful view from the hotel of the valley of McleodGanj and southern Himalaya mountains.

Food was good and the staff were very service minded.

Hotel is situated outside of the "centre" so it has tranquil surroundings.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anders S
NewVaruniHouse, Public Relations Manager at New Varuni House, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Dear Anders,

Thanks for your excellent review highlighting our hospitality. We are very pleased to hear of your great overall stay experience. It's been a pleasure serving you. We would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have booked my stay at this place for two- Me and my wife. I was amazed with the hospitality i got here. I never expected a indian budget hotel to be so nice and professional. I have visited Dalai Lama temple which is very close to this place - Approx 200 meters. The room provided to us was very spacious and comfortable. Never had to complain about cleanliness of it. All the service was on time. This place is calm where you can relax & enjoy the view from the hotel which is beautiful (VISTA HERMOSA in spanish ). I would recommed any of you going to McLeodganj to stay in this hotel and make the best use of this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neeraj K

Dear Neeraj,

Thanks for staying with us and praising our location. It's been a pleasure serving you.
We are glad you enjoyed your visit and found the place worth high recommendation. We would love to welcome you back.