““NO COMPARISON””

McLeodGanj Homestay
Ranked #6 of 67 McLeod Ganj B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Mcleodganj home stay is highly recommended by us , we stayed for 8 days

And did not feel even once that we are staying at any hotel , owners made us feel that as though we are on our relative’s place . A well maintained building with beautiful garden cafe invites you to have meal which is home cooked and most delicious we had ever tasted. Bedding and rooms are very clean, comfortable and sun-facing . We will definitely come back next year to enjoy excellent hospitality, comfort and of course most delicious food while watching the valley view.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 7, 2013

It is my pleasure to recommend McLeod Homestay for your next visit to Mcleod Ganj. I was there in November with my husband and another couple. The Sarins were hospitable and attentive to details from the very first emails we exchanged, through our stay and as they sent us off. They were prompt in responding to my emails, arranged excellent drivers, provided comfortable rooms, heaters, and delicious food and drinks according to our needs. The property is set apart from the bustle of town yet not too far. We walked in and out of town each day, often several times. We had a lovely view of trees and valley and could hear the performers practicing from the Tibetan Performing Arts center just down the road. I have been to Dharamsala many times and enjoyed this trip very much as I felt part of the rhythms of the city without feeling crowded. I would stay there again and look forward to being under the care of the Sarins.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Amazing food, great service and hospitality. Rooms are as expected for a homestay, small and neat. Heater is provided during cold weather at extra charge, but was not useful. They also seem to switch it on only at 8pm. The place is quite a distance from the main market and is a steep walk with no lights at night. If you are into shopping and trying various eateries, then its better to stay in main area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eyeonmap
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went with 3 friends.Had an wonderful stay with the Sarins. They were full of warmth and Mrs. Sarin's food was delicious and awesome. I did not feel home away from home.

The place is right at the hilltop where u can see the beautiful scenary of dharamsala. Do not expect a 5 star luxury but the place is comfortable to stay as all the basic amenties are provided for.

Will love to go again given a chance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2012

me and my family stayed at mcleodganj homestay last month . i was truly amazed and it atlast proved to be a wonderful experience . the place is very quite and serene . from the sunrise to sunset every moment deserves to be cherished , the rooms are actually the cleanest i found in a long time , the food is absolutely amazing there is nothing compared to the food nisha can cook for you , she is an amazing chef , a wonderful lady . Anil is very helpful and guides you the right way , there two sons sahil and bhushan are also very helpful and kind . we really liked the place because it was very simple and attractive . the house is so beautiful that we actually saw people specially stopping in front of the house and taking pics . it was an amazing experience ....
coming back is guaranteed ......

Room Tip: the family room with the wooden work and big windows ................. really good......
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have traveled to Mcleodganj a couple of times in past few years and it was my third trip this place this November along with mt friends . I have traveled and both to several hillstations , but Mcleodganj is one of my favorite destinations when it comes to hill stations . The only drawback that I used to feel about Mcleodganj were crowded streets , houses and buildings on both sides lack of scenic beauty that could not be enjoyed , , traffic pollution , heavy traffic jams , honking away from all this chaos , I found a place based on Trip Advisor reviews and selected Mcleodganj Homestay . I had made my booking well in advance , considering there great demands by other fellow travelers.

I finally got my true dream Mcleodganj with excellent valley views , enchanted with surrounding peace and beauty . This place is runned by a family , a family which is very nature loving . The room was very comfortable and had a breath – catching view , I had a short stay around 4 nights only . The food was also good , this place

Was one of the best I had stayed before at any hill stationby far . I tend to come back on my next holidays at mcleodganj homestay for sure . I highly recommend mcleodganj homestay to those travelers who are sick and tired of commercial and cold attitude hotels having fake smiles with an overwhelming family and hosts .

Room Tip: the deluxe room on the first floor is really good
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in 2012 during our honeymoon. The family was extremely nice, and the food was amazing. Our rooms were lovely, even though the TV's didn't work perfectly well. About a ten minute walk from the center of town, but worth it since you end up in a really nice and quiet part of Mcleodganj.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple