“An excellent place to stay with Nicest staff”
Review of Hotel Misty Woods

Hotel Misty Woods
Ranked #11 of 67 McLeod Ganj B&B and Inns
Ankleshwar, India
“An excellent place to stay with Nicest staff”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I visited Dharmshala with my family (Wife,Parents & younger Brother). We booked the apartment and a double room for 3 nights. I was very impressed with the way owner communicated on phone about the booking and suggested various room options. An extra bed was accommodated in the apartment which didn't make the place cramped at all as the apartment was very spacious. The view of the hills from apartment's living room was awesome. Main market is just 5 mins away from the hotel, and on the way many eating options are available. The staff at the hotel was very polite and courteous. They assisted us with almost everything which troubled us. On the last day of our stay, Owner himself came to meet us. Nice piece of hospitality and a comfortable stay. Thumbs up to Misty Woods!

Room Tip: The Apartment is an excellent choice and can accommodate 3 people comfortably. Reasonably priced too...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ramanadharamshala_10, Owner at Hotel Misty Woods, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Greetings
I would like to thank you and your family for staying with us at MISTYWOODS and taking few minutes of your precious time to say wonderfull things about us. I,m glad to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed staying at MISTYWOODS.
We would be looking forward to your next stay at MISTYWOODS and if given a chance would try to exceed your expectations.
Mistywoods Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at the Misty Woods 5 nights. The rooms are clean, quite and affordable, they have wifi and laundry if u need it. And above all Neeraj and his wife are absolutely lovely and helpful! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013
ramanadharamshala_10, Owner at Hotel Misty Woods, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Greetings
I would like to thank you for staying at MISTYWOODS. I,m thrilled to hear from you through your review that you had a great time at MISTYWOODS. Hope to see you real soon for your next visit to Mcleodganj.
Thanks and regards
Mistywoods Team
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled to Dharamsala twice and have stayed in a couple if guest houses there . Misty woods is definitely my favorite . It is very short walk to the Dali llamas temple , restaurants and shops but slightly down the road so you are not in the middle of all the hustle and bustle . The 2 brothers and their wives that run the guest house are so warm and lovely and they made my experience at the guest house so enjoyable . The rooms are clean and for the price it's truly a bargain . Many hotels in McLeod charge a lot of money but this one is the best bang for your buck . The amazing Japanese restaurant is one hop away . I'm so happy I found this place ! Many of my friends were staying in dharmkot . They often lost electricity. Best to stay at misty woods and take a rickshaw to dharamkot to get away from the market and cars . Misty woods has wifi , TV, cleans rooms and a great family ! Xx

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Erin T
Raman G, Owner at Hotel Misty Woods, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Greetings from MISTYWOODS
We are glad you chose to stay with us during your visit to Mcleodganj. I,m Happy to know that your stay was comfortable and you found the services and atmosphere to be up to your desired expectations.
We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to MISTYWOODS Mcleodganj.
Regards
Raman
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I rented this property for 2 nights. It's very close to all the attractions, 5 mins walk to main bazaar, you think of food and you will get it here, the second day of our stay after I ordered some pakoras due to heavy rainfall the staff quickly made it and they were awesome!

I really enjoyed my holidays, and I would highly recommend this hotel for pleasant stay.

Incredible himachal.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Incredibl
Greetings
Thanks for staying at MISTYWOODS. I am very glad to hear that your stay at MISTYWOODS was enjoyable. we have started the breakfast menu and all day meal menu last year. slowly but surely we will be adding more and more dishes in the menu.
We at MISTYWOODS will be eagrily looking forward to your next stay at MISTYWOODS.
Thanks and Regards
Anna and Raman
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 10, 2013

we stayed 2 nights in this hotel, nice clean room, affordable, very friendly staff, service was also excellent...even at 6 in the morning I ordered something one of the staff person rushed to the market and purchased it for me....I even forgot my shoes in the hotel the hotel owner even couriered it to my address.....I advise my fellow travellers to stay in this hotel without thinking much.....

Room Tip: All the rooms were good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Suhel07
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in total and had a great time. Raman and Anna made our stay as pleasant as possible always offering to help and assisting us when we needed it. The room was simple but had everything it needed. Ideal location within walking distance from all attractions in Mcleod. We would highly recommend this to anyone wishing for a good traveller stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed 10 nights in this hotel,mainly in the super deluxe room with a balcony. The mountain view was magnificent and very often the balcony was surrounded by "misty woods"
I LOCATION
A few minutes' walk to the central square. Restaurants and cafes are nearby.
II ROOM and BALCONY
Apartment is a good bargain, if you are usede to the street noise. Otherwise super deluxe room facing mountains is recommended for a peaceful stay.From the balcony you can observe different spieces of birds(some are rather rare) and monkeys.
III FOOD
Breakfast is served in your room. Room service is available for lunch and dinner.
IV MANAGEMENT and SERVICE
They provide distinguished service. The owner Mr Gupta takes care so that customers get full satisfaction. The staff are highly efficient and helpful.
I reserved this hotel 6 months ago by email. Since then I had a lot of correspondence with Mr. Gupta.
(I was not sure if it was Ok to travel to certain parts of Kashmir ,due to some incidents at the beginning of the year)
He provided me correct information on Kashmir,which helped me to travel safely and enjoyably in early June. He also arranged a car from Jammu to Mcleodganj.

So I highly recommend ths hotel. Especially if you are a long time traveler in India,this is the place to recuperate!

Room Tip: mountainside has a good view and quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo