“Wonderful hotel!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McLeod Ganj
8 Auspicious Him View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 McLeod Ganj B&B and Inns
Jupiter, Florida
“Wonderful hotel!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been priveleged to stay at this small family-run hotel in McLeod Ganj several times over the past few years, and I have only praise for it! The location is wonderful, easy walk from restaurants and shops, but still with the peaceful ambiance that comes from being nestled in the hillside with beautiful views from the bedrom balconies. The rooms and bathrooms are kept spotlessly clean, the hot water and shower are great! There is a small restaurant and outdoor tea area'-----the food is terrific, you can even try authentic Tibetan tsampa here if you like! The owners and staff are all friendly and helpful, eager to make their guests' stay a memorable one. The attention to detail in the decor, the lovely Tibetan carpets, photos, furnishings in the common areas, make you feel you really are in "Little Tibet! " This hotel is a real gem in the large collection of hotels and guesthouses in McLeod Ganj-----the comfort and ammenities of a big hotel, but the personal attention and reasonable prices that make you know you have discovered a true treasure! I would recommend this hotel without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Tsukuba, Japan
Reviewed July 16, 2013

To be honest, I did not expect this hotel to be THIS GOOD... You know hotels often have great looking websites but these are not the actual representation of what they really are. 8 Auspicious Him View Hotel has a easy-to-navigate website which shows beautiful pictures of the hotel, rooms, the view from the hotel, and so on. I fell in love with the interiors, decors, themes, and decided to ask how much the tariffs would be.

I have booked 6 hotels for this July 2013 trip, and I always had some issues with the communications with hotel management, except for 8 Auspicious Him View. Sonam was so prompt with replying my emails, and explained things clearly (no hidden charges etc.).

Right after we reached Dharamsala and jumped on a taxi the hotel had arranged for us, we had to make a U-turn to the airport (because they called me to let us know that our flight back to Delhi was cancelled and we had to book another flight at the airport counter). When we finally reached McLeod Ganj, the driver was not able to locate the hotel quickly...So you can imagine how tired and upset we were when we came to the hotel. But all those just melted away when we stepped into the reception, greeted warmly by staffs with hot welcome drinks.

I believe our room was themed with "endless knot" on the B-building. I loved the smell of wood from the wall. The room is spacious, super clean, and lovely with the interior and the VIEW! Although during our stay the mist/fog covered the mountain view most of the time, I still loved to just look at the white fog on the green background. So soothing.

The restaurant serves yummy Tibetan and western food. For breakfast I had Him View breakfast (?) which was nicely fried eggs and veggies inside Tibetan bread. It is sort of like English muffin. So gooooooooooood. I also had barley porridge with banana and honey on the top next day. I can eat this all day. So yummy. During our short stay in Dharamsala we had so many momos and thukupas (noodle soup). But I like those of 8 Auspicious Him View the best. Highly recommended, even if you are not staying in the hotel.

The only cons I can think of for this hotel are the ventilation and payment. The bathroom does not have a fan. It has a small window to let the air go in and out. But it gets pretty humid inside and your towel starts smelling,,,well, you know how it's like. And just like other places in this area this hotel does not accept credit card for payment. Don't worry, they have ATMs in town. But be prepared to bring some cash along with you.

Anyways...they made our stay so enjoyable and memorable. I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Get a room with good views...but even if you don't, you have free access to the rooftop.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beautifulpeace
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The people here are so nice it's ridiculous. The rooms are super clean and comfy and the restaurant is awesome. Seriously, it is so good. The people are so helpful, the tea is delicious... I have nothing bad to say.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Reviewed June 29, 2013

8 Auspicious Him view is a perfect name for this hotel. We family of 4 couples with kids booked this hotel online. It was the same as shown in their website. Sonam and her team are the perfect host. The rooms are very cosy and warm. Squeaky clean rooms and batharooms.. They have 2 buildings old and new.. we stayed in new bldg.. all the rooms has mountain view from their balcony
Their restaurant has good ambience. You can satisfy ur breakfast with Him view breakfast options.
Lunch and dinner options are not good if you want Indian. This restaurant is at the end of the road where market ends.. so its a good option to start shopping fm one end to another. Pretty Sonam and her team talk less but helpful. for such clean and cosy rooms the rates are ok. me and my family wish them best luck...

Room Tip: There are good restaurants named Black magic and Moon pick for lunch n dinner options...must try pa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bhagyashri R
Delhi
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a nice a cozy place to settle down in for your stay in McLeodgunj. The property just pops up out of the blue on the road and could be easily missed. However, you need to take note of the fact that it is a "home stay". We booked rooms in the B wing on the 3rd floor well in advance. Booking process was extremely easy - just called up Sonam and she helped out. She's a great host as has been amply voiced by fellow travelers. Anything you want - pickup/drops/sight seeing/suggestions .. you just need to ask! The best part is that they have a cab associated with them and the Driver is a balding excellent chap. He's an expert driver and seems to know half the town folks! Breakfast here is complimentary and awesome. The ginger lemon tea is a must have! However, city folks beware of trying out lunch/dinner here. There are lovely joints down the road - which can be a slight walk .. but completely worth it! The view from the rooms are amazing - sheets and spotless ; bathrooms are very clean and towels get changed daily! Do not expect any freebies like shampoos/creams in the bathrooms. Sonam also have 2 lovely kids and her husband is associated with Norbulingka institute. He's also a great jovial person to talk to. Overall - a great place to stay in! Choose the rooms in B wing on the 3rd floor - you won't be disappointed. We reached a little early about 2 hours before check-in and were temporarily accommodated in a smaller room on the ground floor. This was a much smaller basic room - but we were thankful for the generous gesture .. and my kid hasn't got over the ginger honey lemon tea yet :)!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 3rd floor - in the new wing. Rooms are big and spacious with balconies and great...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anand-Delhi
Bhubaneswar
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had a chance to stay in this B&B Hotel from 08th June to 11th June, 2013 and I must say it is our pleasure to be among the most professional and courteous staffs ........For three days it was like staying in my own place....The Him View Breakfast was awesome.....Pancakes delicious....Tea divine....Word fail to describe my feelings... Hats off to you guys for making our stay memorable.....The view from the room was mind blowing....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Changsha, China
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Room were decorated nicely. The bed was clean minus a moth in the sheets, and a bug the 2nd night. The customer service was alright and they were accommodating, but not overly friendly. We stayed on the side next to a parking lot of another hotel and it was horribly loud with loud car horns, beeping and loud customers. When we told the owner, she was apologetic - but not overly. We ended checking out early to move to another hotel due to the noise and of course she didn't seem happy. The price is very expensive for what you get and we were surprised due to the great reviews.

Room Tip: Away from the hotel and road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple