Spring Valley Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel India House(McLeod Ganj)
The M Hotel(McLeod Ganj)
Hotel Sapphire(Dharamsala)
  • Restaurant
Moon Walk Residency(McLeod Ganj)
Hotel Tokyo House(Dharamsala)
Mount View Hotel(Dharamsala)
Pink House(McLeod Ganj)
View Hotel
All reviewscottage roomfront office teambhagsunag templecommon balconyhotel staff isnice hotellast monthfood tasteexcellent hospitalitycomfortable stayexcellent viewnice roomexcellent staybhagsu nagtop floorstayed for nightsparking space
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Average hotel, good property but not maintained well. Some of the staffs are arrogant but some are helpful too.

They didn't even do precheck before giving the room, Hotwater was not working, curtains were dirty soap holder was broken. Though they provided the hot water later.
Breakfast starts quite late at 8:30 am.

Food is Good.
Rooms not clean
Room service bad
Bathroom not maintained

Room Tip: Book a room with open balcony facing mountain towards bhansung naag temple
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

I have traveled to 13 countries around the world and this is the worst hotel I’ve been to in my life. When we arrived the woman behind the desk was very rude and no one helped us with our bags. The room hadn’t been cleaned in so long there were cobwebs, along with a very large spider. Just in the bathroom there was half- used toilet paper, snot boogers all over the door, rubbish left on the basin, dirty and cracked tiles, a broken bin with dirt in it, a handrail rack with no hand towel, old grey towels, and the soap packet had some goo all over it. There was also dirt and some else’s hair all over the floor.

There were brown stains all over the bed which was two single beds pushed together. All night my partner and I rolled into each other as the hard as rock bed dipped in the middle.

When we complained about the room they lied that the bed sheets had been changed but I could still see the same stains and they changed the toilet paper and removed the rubbish from the bathroom but did not clean. We complained again the next day and it was cleaned properly, I don’t see why they couldn’t do this from the start.

The most upsetting was when we asked for our laundry to be done and the same woman behind the desk gave us the dramatic eye roll of a teen drama show before telling us we would not get it back for almost 48 hours. When we did get it back they had shrunk all our clothes to the point where I can’t wear a dress now, it wasn’t ironed and still dirty!!

The wifi did not work the entire two nights I was there. The desk was unmanned and I had to go downstairs to ask about breakfast because they had given us no information. On the second day after breakfast I saw cockroaches. The woman behind the desk watched us leave without smiling or helping us with our bags.

I’m so upset about my clothes, I have beautiful tailored Indian dresses that are too small for me now. Please do not put yourself through this, it is such a horrible dirty hotel and the staff are so awful and rude.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pia A
Reviewed May 8, 2018

This hotel is well located for venturing to all the must see destinations in Dharamshala. The rooms are a good size and very clean. Those that open on to the terrace give you an excellent view of the mountains. The reception staff are helpful and efficient.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2018

We visited on a very busy weekend and all the main rooms were filled. They offered us a room right on the top of their new annexe (Room No. 506), which we were hesitant to take initially but it turned out to be SUPERB. Their view is of the mountains at Bhagsu Nag and the snowcapped tip was a huge but welcome change from the range of snow capped mountains we saw in Dalhouse. The serene atmosphere was beautiful and the early morning sunrise was spectacular.
We stayed 2 nights and had a wonderful time. The rooms are very clean, the linen is spotless and the staff is very helpful and courteous.
We ordered room service for all our meals and the food was excellent, clean and very tasty and the quantities were very generous. We tasted their thalis, the parathas and the chicken and it was all delicious. The service was very quick too.
A must mention is the special dish of reshmi kebabs they cooked for my husband on request which was DELICIOUS. The chef personally made it and it was superb.
It is about a 17 min. walk to the main market place, but I Would definitely recommend staying here as it is quiet and peaceful and the walk to the market is a good workout.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front are good, but the ones in the annexe though without the lift facility are excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this resort for 2 nights during our stay in Dharamshala on our honeymoon. We reached the hotel around midday and had to wait for a while as the room was getting cleaned. But we were taken care of while we waited. They apparently upgraded our room to a superior one which was a nice gesture. The staff were welcoming and very courteous. The view from the common balcony is absolutely stunning. My wife was amazed with the same as we did not get that kind of view during our entire stay in himachal.
The food was great and not too spicy and heavy as you find it in that part of the country. Being a chef by profession I do appreciate the quality of food.
And also the restaurant staff was very helpful. They also guided us for sightseeing and also arranged the taxi for us at a reasonable price.
Would highly recommend everyone to go for this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple