“Good hotel”

and 1 more site!
Pink House
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in McLeod Ganj
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. Great service, and a good roof top restaurant for breakfast. It's a little bit of a hike from the road on some steep steps, but that wasn't an issue for us. Only complaint was that in the bathroom the shower area wasn't separate, so it got everything wet and mouldy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
javidpinkhouse, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hello!

Thanks for staying with us and dropping a feedback of the same. I'm glad you found most of your stay warm and comfortable. I'm quite surprised to hear about the mold in your bathroom. I can assure you that at Pink House, we take utmost care to keep our rooms and its surroundings spic and span. If you had brought up this issue with me, I would have definitely got it fixed immediately.

I hope to see you back very soon. And when you do, I assure you that we'll take the extra effort to make your stay comfortable and memorable.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

basic accommodation, away from the road not recommended for old people. Had booked this based on online review. On arrival didn't match up to expectations. Was traveling along with parents un-comfortable for them to walk down the stairs to reach the hotel

Room Tip: no parking available, located near a single lane steep road
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sayandeep N
javidpinkhouse, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Siddharth,

Thank you so much for staying with us and dropping a feedback of the same.
I'm deeply disturbed by the fact that your experience at Pink House wasn't up to your expectations.
Regarding the fact about being off the main road and stairs, I'd like to reiterate that it has been mentioned on the homepage of our website and we always tell our guests before hand regarding the same.

While the location might be a bane for some, it's also a boon for many as it means that the view of the Himalayas is unmatched and our guests can gaze at this view without the noise that plagues the properties on the main road.

As I mentioned before, I'm disappointed that your stay did not end with a smile on your face and if possible, I'd love to make up for it in any possible way. I hope you'd come back to stay with us and we'll try extra hard to make your holiday a wonderful experience.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and arrived late on the first night. Very quick check-in with a friendly welcome. Room was better than many we have had around india, clean sheets, good facilities and hot water. Room service is a bonus with good food to go with it. The staff are incredibly helpful and speak good English. Location was great with some steps to walk up to the main road but you are a short distance to the noisy square which you don't hear in this hotel. Recommend it

Room Tip: Expect to go down some steps when you arrive with not much lighting but when the taxi drops you off...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samueldavid2
javidpinkhouse, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for that wonderful review. At Pink House, our rooms are priced in the lower category but we strive to ensure that our rooms and service is as good as any five star hotel in India. I'm glad that you found your stay comfortable. We'd love to have you over again! See you soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Went on a solo trip to McLeod Ganj recently, and needed a place within my budget. I had little idea of what place to book, and thanks to TripAdvisor, landed on their page. What struck me was the management's response to most of the reviews on the site. So, I decided to go ahead and book a room.
When I landed in McLeod Ganj, it was very cold, and had begun to rain. Spoke to the manager, who immediately sent someone to fetch me from the bus stop. I only had to go a little distance before he found me, and guided me to Pink House. I asked for an early check-in, and the management was gracious enough to accommodate me that way. They later moved me to a room with a great view of the hills. The room, the bathroom, and the balcony were clean, and the bed cozy. Not to mention free wifi, which worked most of the time, barring when a cable theft happened in the area.
To me, it was their service and their promptness that made the difference. The manager was very polite and helped me customise tour options. He also guided me on how to go about it. The staff was equally helpful, and very courteous. Overall, a great experience that only enhanced my trip to McLeod Ganj. I will surely be returning here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Hello!

Wow, that's a wonderful review. Thank you so much for your kind words. At Pink House, every guest is extremely important and we try our level best to treat every guest like a family member. If you ask me, that's the spirit that makes us, as a hotel, different in Mcleodganj.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we feel blessed to have guests like you.
In Mcleodganj, you will always have a home at the Pink House. See you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nothing wrong with this hotel. Nice and helpful staff, good price, clean rooms and fine food. Had no problems at all. Don't expect anything special, it's a rather basic accommodation, but it is priced accordingly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joris M
javidpinkhouse, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hello,

I'm glad that you found your stay at the Pink House warm and comfortable.
I'd just like to politely add that though we position ourselves as a budget hotel, we treat our guests like our family members and go the extra length to make their experience as special as possible. I hope you shared the same experience. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Pink House has rooms with a great view of McLeod Ganj, in a good location and for reasonable prices. Rooms should have a better wind isolation though, since in cold days it may get freezing even inside rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank luciocosta

Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us a feedback of the same.
I'm glad that you found your stay comfortable.
Regarding your feedback about the rooms, we do accept that on the rare occasion when it's below freezing outside, it does get slightly nippy inside. On such occasions, we give our guests extra quilts, room heaters and even an electric blanket if required.
Rest assured, we'll go to any length to keep our guests warm and happy.

Please visit us again. Would love to have you over.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Spent two vacations in Pink House. The hotel is at an ideal distance from the main market as the surrounding environment is not very noisy and the walk to the main market, works up a good appetite. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the view from the terrace is quite beautiful. The hotel is decently priced, but nothing great. Didn't try the food there, so no comments.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Carl,

Wow, thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Your kind words have really made my day!
I'm glad you found your stay warm and comfortable. I'd like to thank you and Richard for staying with us. Both of you are welcome anytime. We'd love to see you again.