“Healing Homestay”
other travelers have booked this property
Ajay & Josie - together since 2006 & Married locally in 2009
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Ajay & Josie - together since 2006 & Married locally in 2009
our lucky maskot! Sapphira Angelie
Large double room which can fit an extra bed if needed (or book the large single too) With Kitchen.
Entrance hall
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner available - organic & home grown where possible - vegetarian and vegan
Kitchen with all utensils - included gas and burner hob.
Our marriage temple! View from the balcony
Healing room where we offer guests, travelers & locals for massage, reflexology & Reiki
Our spacious balcony for eating, yoga, reading, relaxing...the best view around!
Dharamshala just below our home and the famous HPCA cricket stadium in our sights.
Mcleod Gange just up the hill - home of the Tibetans and the Dali Lama. A great dynamic place.
What a lush view  from our balcony - come visit! take a holiday ..
Our logo - we began in 2006
Our local resident!
Kirpu Mor junction - arrival point to Gamru
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Debra L
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Healing Homestay”
Reviewed June 30, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

I love Tree Of Life for being one of the most peaceful and nourishing places to stay around McLeod & Dharamshala. Facilities are great (clean rooms, hot water, fabulous views, great food) and the location is away from the hustle and bustle, but so easy to access many places of interest. It's a home from home with lovely staff, and Josie and Ajay,... thank you.

Management Response
Jul 2, 2018
It’s your north India home Deb, will see you in Uk!
vikas s
“Mr.”
Reviewed June 18, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Hospitality I will rate 0 out of 10 . When you running a business in service industry you can not be rude in communication however I did tried to explain the situation to the owner she wasn’t ready to hear anything . There is no parking place and no one informed me the same was struggling with my car to find the place to park the car and than when I spoke about it with the owner she shouted at me that you Indians always have problem . WTF instead of listening to me she was trying to blame me not only me she said Indians . If you do not know the meaning of hospitality please get back to your country and stay there no need to stay in India for business please.
I would like to post snap shot of the communication with owner as well .

Management Response
Jun 21, 2018
Vikas - Thanks for your review - one sided and my response will be this : Your arrival was nothing short of complaints and criticism. I apologised for the parking, and cant magic parking out of nowhere. We always provide a car to door service.Your party was a smoking , drinking frenzy. I really felt sorry for the girl who was here for her health. we had to cut the electricity on the first night to stop this party getting out of control and my neighbours were calling me constantly to complain about you. Really you need to look at your BIG behaviour. That is why I really have no time for your 1* review. This is my country too. I am legally married and have a registered business. We obviously got off on the wrong foot. I also give you 1 * my friend. I wish you a better trip next time. Please book a road side hotel, not a homestay.
rajeshtha...
Shimla, India
“Awesome rooms, friendly staff, very clean and well maintained.”
Reviewed February 9, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

Ajay is very nice guy. he is awesome host. his team always keeps cleanliness on priority. I stayed here for a week. it was a great experience.

MSchouten...
“A paradise in the mountains”
Reviewed December 1, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

I arrived at Tree of Life at the end of September this year and stayed for a month. It was such a pleasure! I didn't know I was able to feel so at home, in another place than my own. But I did. And quicker than I'd imagined.

This was my first trip to India alone and I definitely left my comfortzone at home :) But host Ajay made me feel at home right away and made sure my stay was as good as it could ever be. Besides being the best cook in the world (I'm spoiled now for the rest of my life, thank you), he talked me home when I was lost in the dark at 30 metres from the appartment, brought me to town each time I couldn't fix a cab and last but not least saved me from a massive spider incident. Haha, the memory alone...........brrrrrrrr!

I stayed at Indra Dev and loved my cosy room. The appartment is excellent, clean, comfortable and with a magnificent view!! Yes, it is noisy. But ey, that's just India.. And to be honest, this being my 4th visit to India, it was the most quiet place I stayed so far.

I'm in love with this crazy, beautiful, sizzling, transforming and extreme sub continent. I felt completely at home in the Dharamshala region and I'll be back next year for sure!!

With love,
Mirjam

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
121sharma...
“Very good place”
Reviewed October 8, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Josie is great host and very comfortable home. She has very good team. They will offer you variety of body therapy and acupunctur. I had session with her husband. It did work for me.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing