“Peaceful retreat”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bogmalo
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Peaceful retreat”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Landed up at Bogmallo for a four day package. There were some issues on the first night, however, the same were handled very well by the team of Stanley and Kuldeep.

The rooms are spacious, preferably go for the rooms on level three and above (deluxe rooms) for a great view and better layout.

Food was OK - considering the holiday rush.

The beach is beautiful and relatively peaceful. There are acouple of boat guys who would be willing to take you out for a trip - bargain hard.

Staff is a pleasure to talk to and are willing to go the extra mile for your comfort.

Ideal place where we found peace and relaxation even in the peak holiday season.

Room Tip: rooms at third level to fifth level. great views and spacious balconies
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
lytham st annes
Reviewed January 2, 2013

my wife and I have spent numerous holidays at bogmallo over the past twenty years ,so we were rather put off this time when we read some of the reviews,but we went anyway,and what a holiday brilliant is all I can say ,the hotel is as ever immaculate service is first class ,we have stayed in hotels all over the world including 6/7 star in dubia,they have nothing on bogmallo ,the views alone from the 4th floor are worth the money,the staff are so friendly especaily the goan born ,they just want to serve ,and for you to have a good time ,I just could not understand the comments some visitors left.it is not new york or jamacia it is India,

Room Tip: try to get a room on 4th 5th or 6th floors if you travel with monarch you would normally get one aut...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank olly1942
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was a property I chose from a choice of other similar priced properties recommended to me by Hotels.com site. It was the first time in my life I had made a stupid choice.

Firstly the locale is quite remote compared to the other locations like resorts near and around Calangute, or Baga, or Anjuna... this is quite a bit of travel, however, if you fly into Goa, this is very near the Dabolim airstrip...! quite literally and you need to come behind the airport a bit and then reach the resort.

After experiencing another similar priced property near Calangute, a day earlier, this resort if it qualifies as one, should at least offer its guests a newspaper to read in their "verandah coffee Shop"!! when I asked for the newspaper early in the morning, the lady at the events desk, directed me to the person behind the bell desk - who was curt and did not come across as one who should be in the "hospitality" industry. He asked me if I had received my newspaper in the room, I replied in the affirmative and he said -"why you did not get that down to read?" Does that qualify as an answer even?

We checked in on Xmas eve, and were greeted by staff who had the suspicious look of "why did you come HERE for Christmas?"

Soon we realised that the hotel staff had created a pseudo hype about the grand gala dinner that evening, which was thankfully optional, and since they said the seats were filling up fast, my wife went ahead and booked a table for four, the prices were really steep since they were Rs. 1500/ adult and 600/child which set me back by 4200/- in all !! We came down at 9pm that night and were hoping to find a lot of entertainment, but the Grand Gala Dinner evening turned out to be a damp squib !!

First the table we had booked, was already taken by someone else, who did not show any remorse for having done that, when the usher told them about it. Next the usher just left us standing and waiting while she just kept watching the ongoing dance on the floor !! We finally / nay thankfully found an unreserved table and sat down. If you thought Goa was famous for port wine, try tasting the one served that evening at the Grand Gala Dinner !! blaah it was tasting like diluted grape juice with some schmuck added to it in good measure and to think that this is a five star property S#*$. (think I should acronymise this Grand Gala Dinner to GGD).

The property does not have an instantaneous power-trip backup, so there are bound to be moments of darkness in an otherwise dull stay at the Bogmalo Beach Resort !! Carry a torch or a personal lighting backup device. This way you wont fumble and fall on someone else's dinner as you are walking to the buffet counter, or apply lipstick to your eyebrows when the lights go on and off very frequently.

Talking of the buffet, it is but a lowly spread, a few dishes which are definitely not in good taste and if you thought the spread was lavish, I can only remain silent as there was very little to eat and talk about, since I reached the restaurant 30minutes into the buffet time! God help those who came in after me !! They had that empty look on their faces for the rest of the day !!

In the evening, we thought we could get something better for dinner, I generally made an enquiry and found that there were some unheard of dishes being served for dinner, so my family and I decided to risk our paletes at one of the beach side shacks - the full moon bar and restaurant - and it turned out to be the best meal we had eaten that day !!

I would rate this hotel as a 2/5 or better still shut it down, as this is a criminal waste of natural resources !! I did see a lot of Ukranian and Russian tourists and air-hostesses and pilots, wonder if they too felt the same as me - after all I overheard one of them tell the housekeeping staff, "dont clean room we are leaving " !

So my dear fellow travellers - enter this place at your own risk !!

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 4/5 floors, dont eat in the restaurants here, try the beach shacks they are much...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travellerstan
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Was there for a leisure trip to goa. Breakfast had good variety with does and omelette cooking freshlive. Lunch and dinner was excellent. The rooms were small but cozy. If you want to have a good view book rooms on the higher floor I.e. 5 & 6 floor.

• Stayed October 2012
Pune
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had been to this resort alongside a troupe of 50 odd people on a company outing in the 1st week of December' 12. To start with the only USP of this place is its magnificent view of the sea from your room, literally every room is facing the sea.However this seems to be the only point which does make it a decent place, the hotel management is quite rude and at times their service is also pretty average. Their was an instance wherein the Hotel Staff literally shouted at us because we came out of the sea & were trying to get into our rooms. Ideally they need to put an instruction board for guests, which would make things easier. The only thing which was way below expectation at this hotel was the quality of food, i would say it was way below average standards, most of the times food was tasteless & repeatative...overall a decent place nevertheless..

Room Tip: Try getting rooms above 3rd floor, the view is absolutely fantastic..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nvidia123
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Visited the hotel or a small business trip in Oct 12. The stay was very average, and certainly not worth a five star stay. The food was also very average, and tended to get over during the latter hours of the allowed buffet timings. The management looked a bit disorganised and confused. It was raining in Goa at that time, and on asking reception regarding umbrellas, was told that there was no provision for the same in the hotel(never heard of this in a five star property). The only good part of the stay being the location(right on the beach) and easy accessibility to some beach shacks with good sea food, and also a good wine shop just across the main gate of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay for ease of accessibility to airport. Can hop across to the beach for much better sea food than...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank evivek
Mumbai
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ( husband and I ) went for our last holiday here before our baby . We;d never done Goa together so decided to try this hotel on the recommendation of some friends of ours . Proximity to the airport was a definite plus, along with a quiet beach where we took some long walks and chilled at a very nice shack ( with some very spicy and tasty food ). The hotel also organised a decent sighseeing trip of some churches and markets , along with a cruise on the Mandovi river which we did not do . Food at the hotel was decent but the shack on the beach was better .

We had a room on the second floor which meant much of the view was blocked by palm trees - hence if possible take a room on a higher floor . The beach is not the cleanest , and gets pretty crowded late evening .

Overall a decent bet for three - four days of complete chilling , very different from the typical noise and partying of Goa

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to have a great sea view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Manasi N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogmalo
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Coconut Creek
Coconut Creek
#1 of 5 in Bogmalo
Caravela Beach Resort

Been to Bogmallo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!