Leon Hide Out Guest House
Raikar Guest House(Bogmalo)(Great Value!)
$25
$35
  • Breakfast included
$32
$21
Bogmalo Heights Holiday Apartments(Bogmalo)(Great Value!)
$15
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Tanisha Guest House(Bogmalo)(Great Value!)
$36
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Raj Resorts(Bogmalo)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbogmalo beachpeaceful stayfirst floorfrancislorenafridgebalconyindia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

i am very picky person, when i have to select a hotel or a guest house. I am a world traveler and i have visited India many times but when it comes to selecting a place to stay for few days it become diffcult. This was my first visit to Goa and i did not want to stay in a guest house for many reasons base on my past experiences. I love Leon guest house for so many reasons. I love the services, the couple provided and made me feel at home. The rooms are clean with great clean bathroom and it is located front of a beautiful small beach. There are many resturant located near the guest house. I love this place better then a 5star hotel. My writing does not justify how great, The Leon guest house is. Really love this place!!!

Room Tip: there was no swimming pool or fitness center. No need one when you can swim in beach and run on the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank dipti517
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I thought finding comfortable and competitively-priced accommodation close to a lovely beach - and the airport - would be difficult. However, after researching where to stay for the last few days of our three-month visit to Goa, we saw the excellent reviews of Leon’s Guest House on TripAdvisor. We were certainly not disappointed!

The Guest House is situated just a few yards from the beach with several restaurants and a few minutes’ walk to the village square where there are quite a few shops. We had one of two non-air conditioned room on the ground floor overlooking a small garden (great for bird watching!) which was spotlessly clean with a television, wardrobe, bedside cabinet, coffee tables, ceiling fan, a small balcony and a well-equipped bathroom with hot water. Two friends who were travelling with us occupied one of the two large air conditioned rooms with kitchen facilities.

The owners were extremely (and genuinely) welcoming, friendly and helpful readily offering local information and even in finding a rather elusive local telephone number for us.

A laundry service is offered but there is no internet access although that is available in nearby hotels. The airport is just a 10 minutes or so drive away.

A most enjoyable stay in clean, comfortable and ideally-situated accommodation

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Has to Visit GOA (Bogmalo) for work, the Bogamalo resort was sold out. I was hesitant on staying in a guest house, but after reading the reviews I thought I will give it a TRY..Well I am happy I made the right choice.

About the Guest house:-

This is close to the airport, about 5 Kms.The Taxi cost is about Rs 300.00 ( Taxi in Goa is expensive)
There is a Bus service which runs every 10 Minutes costing Rs 5.00.
This property is about 300 meters from the beach and right next to the Bogmalo cottages.

Complete Address:-

LEON Hide out
208, Bogmalo beach, GOA 403-806

Ph: [--]
Residence: [--]

Owners:-

Francis and Lorena Fernandes

Emails: [--]

This is a guest house where they have 4 rooms ( 2 A/C rooms and 2 non a/c rooms) let out and the family stays there as well and takes care of the rooms

The A/c room which is in on the ground floor is very spacious (huge) with a small kitchen and a nice little bathroom. It has the very basic things required for a comfortable stay. It has a TV,Air conditioner, 2 Fans, Double bed, Fridge and a tea maker. The Fridge has beer and water bottle ( no extra price is charged) . I did not see any cutlery items or paper napkins.
To summarize it has all the basic things for a very comfortable stay.

Pros:
Close to the airport and to the beach.
Nice spacious rooms kept neat and clean.
Good owners.

Cons:

One Major is that the party is held in adjacent Bogmalo resort cottages and with Loud music and noise It might be a minor nuisance for early sleepers.

Not really cons but would like to mention

1.) no food is served. There are ample of joints around the beach.
2.) Take your own Soap or Towel ( Towel is washed and kept for guests, some of them might not be comfortable)
3.) did not see any cutlery items like Glass, plates, spoon ( or may be I missed )

Would recommend this property and would love to visit them again on my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vvd2010
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The above really does not do justice as Leon House is a great place for long stay and in excellent condition for the price. We found the owners really so friendly and wanting to make our stay so welcome. The actual area is limiting if you want things to do but great to relax.

Thanks for our stay if you read this and I have the movies if you want them.

Mickey and Jane

xx

Room Tip: Local bus from and to the airport 5 rupees beats the taxi and they run every half hour. A few local restaurants very friendly and cheap beer.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michel M
Reviewed November 10, 2011

we called at the last minite after being let down by another hotel. We were arriving into Goa at 3 am and the other hotel emailed me the day before that I had to wait until 12.00 to check.

Anyway Leons were able to check me in at 3 am. I stayed for 3 nights and they only charged for 2.

the guest house is located on the sea front in Bogmalo, a very short walk to the village square with some shops and resturants. Its also a short walk doen to Joets which seems popular with Ex pats.

we were given a ground floor room, which was huge, there is a fridge that is stocked with beer and water. They provide a kettle along with tea etc. The shower room is good.
this place is a treasure, and most certainly worth staying in. Its not expensive around 1500 IR per night for an AC room, whic for the location is good value.

I would highly recommend staying there if nothing else the location is fab, the area is very quiet and laid back. Most impressively the owner is flexible and accomodating

Room Tip: do not over look this gem
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple