“Unorganized, but nice lady.”
Review of Sherlley Cabins

Sherlley Cabins
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I booked my room in November for a reservation in January. I confirmed my reservation with her, but when I arrived, she had no recollection of my reservation. She was fully booked she said, but the people who she had given our room away to had not yet arrived. Even though we had booked before them and arrived before them, she did not allow us to use the room. She did help us find a more expensive, more dirty, smaller, no WiFi room at a different inn. She did not offer to compensate us in any way. We were able to stay in the room we reserved after the other people left. The room was pretty comfortable, had WiFi, cute kittens and dogs, and hot water. I would recommend this place if Sherlley can remember your reservation.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
sherlley c, Owner at Sherlley Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

I am very sorry, Fabia. You are right in giving me a bad review, the lowest point in almost four years in being in this business, and over 30 reviews I have been excellent with 5 stars! I had a very, very bad week. I think everyone had had one of those. When I got all my reservations for the 2014 and wrote then in the new 2014 calendar, I missed your reservation. Again, I apologize, and I think, I should not charge you for the next day you stayed in my cabins. I am willing to send the money through Western Union. The reason why I could not give you the room was because it was a lot easier to move a young couple to other place, than to move a couple with a handicap child, and an older grandmother. The place I got for you, always had a good reputation and I did not know it was in the condition you mentioned. I will make sure I never bring anyone there.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The cabins has the perfect location, its right beetween the shop area and the beach.
The cabins are modern, fresh and very clean. Beds are very comfortble. The owner, Sherlley is realy the best, she spends alot of her time at the cabins and if you have questions or any request she helps you out.
We love this place!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Santa Catalina is a small town with 2 roads (!) and Sherlley Cabins is located in the perfect place, 5 min walk to the swimming beach, 2 min walk to the surfing point and 7 min walk to the main street in town. The rooms were clean and Sherlley is the best! She's does everything possible to ensure your stay is perfect!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in January 2012. We unknowingly arrived during the Martyrs' Day long weekend - there wasn't a room open in town! Luckily, we found Sherlley! She offered us a "furnished" tent, with sleeping bags, foam pad, pillows and sheets. It was PERFECT!
At her place she has warm showers, and clean bathrooms. She let us use her washer to wash our clothes, store food and drinks in the fridge and cook in the kitchen. She is so hospitable and understands what it is like to be on the road for so long. She was like a "travel mom" to us.
Because of the long weekend, the store in town didn't have much food, so when she had to go to Sona, she brought us back some peanut butter and bread! She really cares for her guests.
We ended up staying there for a week lounging on the hammocks and visiting the beach.
On our last night she cooked us a delicious fish dinner and we played cards into the night! She even gave us a ride into town to catch the bus in the morning.
My husband and I fondly remember our time at the Sherlley Cabins (we both think it was our favorite part of the month we spent in Panama) and hope that you will visit her. She is a great host! One day we will be back to visit her!

Room Tip: We stayed in the tents and they were so comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We checked other places, then we found this place. Long story short, it is an amazing place. All new fresh rooms, private small but well equipped kitchen with fridge, AC in each room, in front of the rooms you have space to hang out. The wipe was very good when we stayed there. Located just in the middle between the village the beachbreak and just as close as you can get to the mighty Santa Catalina Pointbreak. Stayed 2 weeks there, Sherlley the host is great, shes from Rivas but lived in the States so if you are lagging some Spanish-skills no problem, if you need something she will try to get it for u. We will definitely come back to this place!

Go there and have a great time

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you are going to Santa Catalina, Sherlley Cabins is for sure the place you should go. I stay in a brand new cabin, very nice and clean, and full equiped (kitchen, A/C, fridge, coffee maker etc). Apart from that, the location can`t be better: near the beach , near de market and almost over de surfing point. Even better is Sherlley herself, she will make you feel like at home, and she will help you with anything you need. If you like surfing, you can also rent there REALLY good boards, and much more cheap than in any other place (only for the guests) and there was a very nice guy helping sherlley that will take you surfing, or teach you if you want, or repairing you board.
In a few words, Sherlley cabins is THE PLACE, and the price is exellent... Enjoy Sherlley and good waves!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We immediately felt at home at this new, clean and chilled out cabinas. Sherlley is so kind and an absolute legend and made us feel so welcomed and has since done everything to make us feel as comfortable as possible. Couldn't say a bad thing about the place. Location is epic. Great little kitchen in the room perfect for saving money with a big fridge to chill those Balboa's after a few waves at the point just down the road. Enjoy friends! Thanks for having us Sherlley!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Santa Catalina
Hotel Santa Catalina
#1 of 3 in Santa Catalina
Deseo Bamboo Panama  EcoLodge-Bungalows
Deseo Bamboo Panama EcoLodge-Bu...
#1 of 22 in Santa Catalina
Coibahouse
Coibahouse
#3 of 10 in Santa Catalina
Hostel Villa Vento Surf Santa Catalina
Hostel Villa Vento Surf Santa Ca...
#2 of 22 in Santa Catalina

Been to Sherlley Cabins? Share your experiences!