“awesome hospitality :)”

Sherlley Cabins
San Francisco, California
“awesome hospitality :)”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

sherlley is an amazing hostess, camp site is great and has out door showers and toilets the community kitchen is pretty complete with fridge sink and stove. good vibes and energy all around from the place. it's 5 min walk from the beach and 10 minute walk to the town. I would go back there in a hear beat. she also has rooms that look magnificent to share with a group of people i think would be ideal if you are on a budget and just want to have some private space. check out the argentinan grill that is next door too!! great wine and food!

Room Tip: camping space is good and share a room with friends to make it more economic and enjoy having air co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
sherlley c, Owner at Sherlley Cabins, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Coconutgrl8: Thank you for your review. You guys were a very nice and pleasant friend to each other and even with other people around you. I am so greatful to God letting me know such a good people. Love, Sherlley

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Adelaide
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was recommended by a fellw traveller I met in Panama who had recently stayed here.
She rang Sherlley. Sherlley went out of her way to help us. Not just once - but many many times.
She is one of the nicest, hard working women I have ever met.
I hope you enjoy staying at her Cabanas. She tries hard to present matching linen, colour co-ordinated kitchens, air-conditioning, and much much more.
A few minutes walk to the beach.
Next to a reaturant.
A short walk from town.
I stayed with a child as a single Mum and was so happy with Sherlley.
I hope we return one day.
I feel I have a new friend.
I wish Sherlley every success in her business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you single Mom! I think you are such a great mother. Teaching your child a great experience in this journey! I know he will never forget this in his whole life! He is such a good kid! I hope you have a great time traveling. You know you have a friend and a home here any time. Sherlley
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed in Santa Catalina at Sherlleys Cabins for 6 nights had had a great time! After leaving our bags in the clean and spacious room, Sherlley showed us around the town and gave us all the do's and dont's to have a good time (restaurants hand their prices, possible trips to coiba and where the board rentals are). As we said the cabins are spacious and also have a kitchen and private warm shower + bathroom). Sherlley is creative thinker so if her cabin is full the period just send her an e-mail and she might have a good solution. The cabins are located between estrella beach (the beach we prefer) and the town center. The restaurants are located throughout the whole town though (the food is good everwhere).

• Stayed December 2012
sherlley c, Owner at Sherlley Cabins, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Sebastian!!! Thank you for your review. I have been so busy. I hope you got o.k. to your distination and also your friend. Come back soon! If you have any friend and family that wants to visit Santa Catalina, I will be here to help them, anytime. Sherlley
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a lovely stay here for 5 nights,it was quiet, rooms were very clean good size and came equipped with a kitchenette air con bathroom everything you need and also right next door is the Argentinian restaurant best place to eat in Santa Catalina, short walk to surf break (La Punta) and also other beaches..
The only thing is no wifi for phones not a big issue at all though..
Sherlley and Lucas were lovely ....
Sarah and Jared

• Stayed September 2012
sherlley c, Owner at Sherlley Cabins, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you, Sara, for taking your time to review my cabins. You guys are a great couple! I hope your trip in Panama was very nice and did not have any trouble finding the car rental company in Santiago. I am getting wifi in December 2012. And probably, Cr. machine. You are welcome here any time. Love, Sherlley and Lucas
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Sherlley's Cabins are a little out of town (about a 15 min walk from town centre, on the way to Estero beach), but really not that far at all.

Rooms are super clean and each 'cabin' (really just a room) has its own kitchen - with utensils, fridge, coffee maker - and bathroom. Hot water showers.

Sherlley, the owner, is incredibly friendly and helpful. She happened to be passing thru Sona when I was arriving so made sure to wait to pick me up and drive me to Santa Catalina. One night it was raining and so she offered to drive me to where I was going for dinner.

At $12.50 a night (dorm with A/C) it's a bargain, and I'd definitely stay there again.

My only suggestion is that the place could do with a better common area

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
sherlley c, Owner at Sherlley Cabins, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thanks Marc for the nice review! You are such a nice and neat person. I hope we will see you some day. I am very glad that you liked the mattresses in our cabins. And yes, I am planning to build a nice "Ranch" with hammocks, BBQ, a big TV, tables and chairs. We are still in construction, little by, little, and when you come here, next time, I will give you a free ride to see other beautiful beaches close by in my boat. Thank you, and have a nice trip to other parts of Panama. Sherlley
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed there in August 2012. Really good price that included a nice clean room with a bathroom and a kitchen (stove, fridge, sink, dishes, and utensils). The kitchen is a huge plus because you can make your own meals. It's only 1-2min drive from the beach where the diving usually takes off from and another 1-2min from the other beach where more people go surfing I believe. It's in a nice location, and the owner is great. She stayed up waiting for us to arrive until almost midnight because we were leaving Panama City after work. In one room you can fit anywhere from 1 to 8 people. It has a/c and a fan. The temperature in the room was great. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
sherlley c, Owner at Sherlley Cabins, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you, Terrakc, for you nice review! You are always welcome here in my place and in Santa Catalina. I wish you luck in all your future plans. You guys deserves it!! Take care, love always, Sherlley at Sherlley Cabins
Nieuw Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The location of this hostel in Santa Catalina is very convenient, close to the main beach and within walking distance of the village. The dorm was clean and well equipped, but the willingness of the owner to assist, really makes this place stand out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rasvaan
, Owner at Sherlley Cabins, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you, Rasvaan, I hope the rest of your vacation, will be full of joy and a save back home. Love, Sherlley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Catalina
Hotel Hibiscus Garden
Hotel Hibiscus Garden
#1 of 1 in Lagartero
Deseo Bamboo Panama  EcoLodge-Bungalows
Deseo Bamboo Panama EcoLodge-Bu...
#1 of 23 in Santa Catalina
Hostel Villa Vento Surf Santa Catalina
Hostel Villa Vento Surf Santa Ca...
#2 of 23 in Santa Catalina
Oasis Surf Camp
Oasis Surf Camp
#13 of 23 in Santa Catalina

Been to Sherlley Cabins? Share your experiences!