“Great group of people!”
Review of Coiba Dive Center

Coiba Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Best Diving in Panama. Coiba Dive Center is located in the heart of Santa Catalina, Panama, just a one-hour boat ride to world class diving. Coiba National Park has been described by many as the "New Galapagos" and the "New Cocos," Isla Coiba is by far the best diving Panama has to offer.
Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great group of people!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The staff at CDC were fantastic. My boyfriend and I are novice divers and we did a 2 day dive trip to Coiba. Julie was great at explaining the dive sites for our first two spots, and choose a site with little current to see how we dove. After lunch, Julie took another group of divers home, while we stayed with Kevin and a few divers on the island. Kevin was also great and had thorough post-dive reviews. Kevin swims very fast out front, so you had to keep moving to keep up!
The only negative thing I could say about this operation are the wet suits are getting a little woreout.
We would definately use this company again.

Visited February 2013

Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Simple brilliant!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I dove 2 days (3-tanks/day) with Coiba dive centre. They were professional, curteous, efficient, and great to be with. I had different dive masters for each day and both were experienced and helpful. The second day the group had a mix of dive experience (some new divers, hadn't been diving for a while with some more experienced divers) and he still made it all work well.

Diving was awesome! Whaleshark, barracuda, sea horses, healthy corals, countless eels, reef sharks... Yeah!

NOTE: the dive staff carried all of our gear - tanks, BC's... the works. And toted tanks at the Ranger station. Don't forget to tip these guys - they work for it!

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sharks Every Dive!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I dove with Coiba Dive Centre at the end of August, 2012 for week. Glenn and Julie run a tight shop. They really went the extra mile to make sure my trip was great. They also have the best in water staff (Ben and Luis). We saw sharks, frogfish, turtles, rays, eels, seahorse ... humpback whales (on the surface)!

Visited August 2012
Ghent, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional instructors and great diving”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I did our PADI Open water diver course here and it was ran very professionally.
Our instructor Ben was very experienced ,professional, helpful and a very nice guy as well.
He adjusted the pace well to our own tempo considering I was a bit scared in the beginning.
Coiba island was out of this world in terms of nature.
Only the boat ride was worth it, we saw a lot of dolphins and whales.
It was a great experience for us!

Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 205 helpful votes
“Well run operation, excellent diving”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I did the 3-day, 9-dive trip out to Coiba National Park and it was excellent. Coiba Dive Center run a very smooth operation. Dive Master Julie was very personable and helpful and looked after us the whole time, in and out of the water. Luis prepared excellent meals each and every time. It is not a cheap trip but considering where you are and the logistics of it all, it is well worth every cent.

Visibility was not fantastic while we were there but we saw multiple sharks on every dive, sea turtles, countless eels, frog fish, HUGE schools of fish, box and puffer fish, rays... and even quite a few humpback whales at the surface on our way to and from dives. On our last dive we even heard humpback whales singing which was a real treat.

I would highly recommend Coiba Dive Center