See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Santa Catalina Inn delivers value for money - clean, spacious rooms with a good terrace, functioning a/c, an excellent location and friendly folk. My wife and I didn't try the restaurant which has a good reputation locally. It doesn't serve breakfast but there's a small, good bakery nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Adrian S, Manager at Santa Catalina Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The rooms are spacious and clean, and have a/c. The owner is friendly and helpful. It is well situated near some restaurants and the dive shop. It's about 20 min away from Estero beach, but it make for a nice walk. The restaurant is very good and has the best pizza in town, to my opinion.Overall we were very pleased. It's not most charming hotel (see La Buena Vida), but it doesn't lack charm and it's an excellent value for the price. They take credit cards, but beware of a steep 10% surcharge. Possible improvement: mini-fridges in the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

me and my sister stayed here during peak season/xmas time. the town is chill, laid back, with a good mix of laid back tourists and friendly locals. far enough from an airport/big city to attract tons of tourists but enough activites and restaurants/bars etc to accomadate them. the inn itself is super cute, clean and a great value for the $. also, not too busy that you feel like you are in a hotel. the restaurant ( which feels like your at a friends terrace) has cheap beer and yummy pizzas. We loved this place! the owner Adrian was super friendly as was everyone else we met here (at the inn and the whole town!). he even went out of his way to call my airline and arrange for my lost luggage to make it to santa catalina and then held it for me while we were on a 2 day island trip since neither me or my sister had a cell or are fluent in spanish. Amazing! Highly reccomend Santa Catalina Inn to anyone visiting and hope I can make it back again sometime!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank stacyjadea
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We really enjoyed staying here during our visit to Santa Catalina. The Santa Catalina Inn is perfectly situated, close to the shops and restaurants, part way along the road to the surf beaches. The rooms are pretty big but the furnishings are modest...good enough for the price that you pay. The owner, Adrian, is a wonderful guy. He was very helpful, for example, in storing our extra gear when we went to Isla Coiba for two days, and providing information. The AC in our was not working before we went to Coiba. We we returned, Adrian had put my friend and I up in separate, private rooms at no extra charge. We really appreciated this.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hodomaniacs

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments, and strive to improve our services. Regards Adrian

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked this hotel as a package with diving. It is rather upscale place for Panama with a good location (close to the bus, bakery, diving, and beaches). There is one restaurant there but we didnt get the opportunity to eat there. There is only 5 rooms, but half of them seem to be rented out indefinitely to expats. The rooms are very clean with private balconies and good AC. The shower needs some love as the temperature of the water is hard to maintain and it leaks a bit. The owner is very friendly and helpful. There is no internet but honestly good luck finding it anywhere in town that is not glacial slow.

The package was a great deal with brekkie and lunch coming from the town bakery. Everything from that place is great! The diving was with Scuba Coiba and included equipment.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 07Boston
Adrian S, Manager at Santa Catalina Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Trip advisor member

thank you for your comments. Its encouraging that our guests had a pleasurable stay in Santa Catalina.
Adrian