Hotel Santa Catalina
La Buena Vida(Santa Catalina)(Great Value!)
$35
$30
Villa Coco(Santa Catalina)
$94
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mama Ines Hotel(Santa Catalina)
$49
Hostel Villa Vento Surf Santa Catalina(Santa Catalina)(Great Value!)
$30
$29
  • Pool
On The Reef(Santa Catalina)
$77
  • Beachfront
Santa Catalina Inn(Santa Catalina)
$59
Lodge Cool Inside(Santa Catalina)(Great Value!)
$24
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Iguanito(Santa Catalina)
$50
Hotel Sol y Mar(Santa Catalina)
$75
  • Breakfast included
Deseo Bamboo Panama EcoLodge-Bungalows(Santa Catalina)(Great Value!)
$26
$13
  • Restaurant
All reviewsinfinity poolsurf breakmemory foamin townpaddle boardsla puntaplace to stayrestaurant barpoint breakking bedshort walkcomfortable bedssurf shopfree bikesrocky beachocean frontrooms are great
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel has a great location it´s an ocean property that is close to everything, yet far enough to be peaceful and quiet! Rooms are clean and decorated with good taste. Food is great and the service staff is excellent! I really recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cesar15
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel Santa Catalina for 5 nights and we absolutely LOVED every second of our experience there! The rooms are spacious and the beds were AMAZING (Memory Foam beds)! Also the location is by far the best for anyone who surfs or wants to try Stand-up Paddleboarding. This hotel is right in front of one of the best surf breaks in all of Central America! My husband (major surfer) was in HEAVEN!!! Quite simply, if you're looking for a hotel in Santa Catalina, look no further!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect! They're all very spacious, have AC, hot water, incredibly comfortable beds (the mattresses are Memory Foam) and they're all steps from the most amazing surf break in Central America!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just loved it!!! I went alone for a week for surfing. It was my first time in Panama and I didn't have any clue of what I would find there. The hotel I first booked (La Buena Vida) was a bit far from the surfing break. It was a walking distance but if you plan to surf 2/3 times a day you should get something closer. La Buena Vida was really nice as well. The owner, Mike, took me to surf in his van the 1st day but when I told him I'd prefer to move to another hotel nearby the break he totaly understood and recomended me the Hotel Santa Catalina. I was stoked with the place. The rooms are so nice and clean. Beds really confortable. The location is just perfect, facing the main surf break and a walking distance from the other beach break. At night you can choose from a lot of nice restaurants nearby (Bianca was my favourite). The staff is very nice, I easily became friend of the manager, a very sweet and friendly girl. The hotel restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch and the food is really yammy. The atmosphere was amazing during all stay and I really miss it and plan to come back soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mariana_Canelas
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was my husband first time in Panama, he loves to surf, so I was looking on the internet for places where he could surf and have a special time, and I found this wonderful hotel, Hotel Santa Catalina, from the very beginning, when we called to reserve, we already felt comfortable...the manager Ileana's attention was very nice, The service was awesome, the rooms very cozy and clean, very good quality of beds....you can have breakfast and lunch at their restaurant, excellent food Loved it and the attention in the restaurant is very nice too!. Also they have laundry service and wireless internet. My husband was very excited because, this place is just in front of the surf point, he felt at home! we could go for a walk at night to have some dinner, it is a very nice walk specially because, everything was quiet and you can see some cute places to eat, wonderful food too! we had a wonderful time there, we didn't want to go back home... actually when we left to keep going in our trip, and we had like 4 hours driving back, we had this crazy thought "We should go back to Hotel Santa Catalina and finish our trip there" we actually did, we called again and ask the manager Ileana, if we still have our room available haha.... "we are serious, we are coming back ;)" so we did and we ended up spending almost two weeks in hotel Santa Catalina! and we definitely are coming back to this hotel! It is a nice and quiet place where you can relax and feel in paradise ;).... thanks for making our vacation so special and memorable!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle77b
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed for over a week in august and loved it, Beautiful property looks right at the point break. Probably the easiest spot to paddle to and from it as well....even on a lower tide. The manager Sheny speaks fluent english if needed, and really does a great job taking care of all the guests. I continually saw her talking to everyone by name, and taking a vested interest in making sure the guests got the most of this amazing surfing/diving/fishing zone. The restaurant is only open for breaky and lunch, but this is allright because at night there are lots of other great places for dinner very close...also it keeps things very quiet at night with no dinner parties taking place when you are trying to catch some early zzzzzs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo