Very nice hotel, with a great view of the surrounding area. Rooms were very clean and spacious, with all the necessary amenities. Each room has a hammock on their deck, which was handy for relaxing.
The pool and open air restaurant were great to spend time lounging in the hammocks, or playing pool/billiards or table tennis. The food was excellent.
Wifi at the restaurant, which was fast and reliable.
While this location is 5 minute walk from the beach, this is ideal for people looking for a quiet vacation as downtown SC can be quite noisy.
There are many stairs to the top off the property, with the restaurant at the top. The rooms are just below the restaurant. Although the property is somewhat steep, Luis and staff are more than willing to use a vehicle to transport guests and luggage.
We really enjoyed our stay and it was a serene B&B to retire to after a day of SCUBA diving etc...
We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the main street in Santa Catalina,600 meters from Santa Catalina beach,on a hill overlooking the ocean,Sol y Mar offers 9 spacious rooms, all with air conditioned, private bath with hot shower, satellite TV, mini-fridge,safe-deposit box,terrace, internet (in restaurant area). Six of the rooms have two double beds and a sofa-bed, so they can accommodate up to 5 people Some of the rooms has an additional bunk bed,so can sleep 7.There are three new rooms each with a King bed. We also have a restaurant with pool table,ping-pong and a swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Sol y Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol y Mar Hotel Santa Catalina
- Hotel Sol y Mar Panama/Santa Catalina