“Didn't expect much...”
Review of Dwarikesh

Dwarikesh
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Badrinath
Dwarikesh
Ranked #5 of 7 Badrinath B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2011

It was late evening (and quite cold) when we reached this hotel after a tiring hilly car journey throughout the day.... The reception area was not very impressive nor were the room decor and interiors. I was not expecting anything great though. I had done this last minute booking during this peak season of Badrinath pilgrimage... when availability of good hotels near temple is limited.
As we reached the hotel ...there were a few things... far more important than room decor or reception frills ... like.. procedure for Darshana at Temple next day morning, Warmth inside the room for good sleep and availability of good hot food for dinner.
Moment I checked at reception about Darshana... one of the reception guys volunteered to accompany me to temple premises and help me to seek the darshana slip. Great! What more can you ask for! This hotel is little less than a kilometre walk from the temple...
And, this guy had no demand in return! Normally, pilgrimages in India become commercial hubs... where monetary gives and takes take over everything else.

And, boys serving from kitchen were equally caring. They waited longer than their timings to serve us deliciously hot food in our room.

Time for sleep ... the rooms though not very arty... but were sufficiently warm and had adequate blankets for a comfortable sleep.

I didn't expect much... but it served the purpose very well...
Hotels are not ought to museum of decoration pieces and measured smiles.
Genuine gestures will go a much longer way.... always...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank Bunty_Arora

Been to Dwarikesh? Share your experiences!