All reviews afternoon tea high tea family friendly hotel half term main restaurant coach house cream tea lovely grounds a la carte menu country house steam room the main house great facilities relaxation room staff were attentive smoked salmon relaxing weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We visited for my husband's birthday so as it was a special occasion I wanted everything to be just right, this place did not disappoint! The room was spectacular with views over the garden and a roll top bath you could look out to the garden in! The restaurant is wonderful, the food exquisite and the staff attentive but not overbearing. The ambience throughout the hotel is perfect with low lighting and fires in the evenings with modern but tasteful music in the bar. The spa we adored, we could not get enough of the indoor/outdoor hot tub as well as the steam rooms and sauna. The pool was so warm and the rainforest/thunder storm shower awesome! We had a full body massage and a facial during our stay and the therapists were fantastic using all Elemis products. The relaxation room was perfect for some quiet time and the cafe just what you need for lunch in your robe. We have to reccomemd the cocktail menu with the country bramble being a favourite! Unfortunately we didn't get time to play tennis or croquet but we saw others do this and the equipment is available to use all day. This hotel and it's staff are all truely wonderful and we loved every single minute of being there. Thank you Elms for a wonderful weekend.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louloves
Reviewed April 13, 2019

The room was lovely, beautiful views, some parts were a little "tired". But we understand there is a refurbishment plan in its early stages. The bed was very comfortable .The staff were very pleasant, although some were obviously new and were lacking in being given guidance. The spa was good, some very nice facilities. Drinks and food were a little mixed. Partly due to lack of staff training. And although the food was nice, the wording was a little pretentious for what was served. I've never had a lemon drizzle cake called a Lemon Syllabub Cake before! And a Roast Tomato Veloute, which had certainly had a little help from a packet somewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

I spent a lovely spa day here in between work commitments in Coventry and Ludlow. It’s really great! To earn the fifth star I could have done without the heating system noise in the room I occupied (William Crump). I only managed four hours sleep. And instant coffee at breakfast? That was a real let down. The food in the restaurant was pretty good. There were some weird pickled elements on the main dish — overpowering. And the cheese course was too heavily cheddar - the Camembert was amazing; would have loved more than the postage stamp serving. Service was first rate. I’ll visit again, but ask for a different room in the hope of avoiding the ticks and clicks. I’m a light sleeper.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank PaulusintheBurg
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

I had originally booked this for my mom, brother and myself for mother's Day but had to postpone. We arrived and were offered seats in the bar or the reception area. Both were lovely. We were offered tea and coffee on arrival (however we were not given a choice of tea)
When the food came it was over really tasty. There was a choice of four finger sandwiches each, a plain and saltana scone each and 6 different mini cakes each.
My only criticism is that we had to wait between finishing the sandwiches and the cakes and scones being bought out. The wait was around 15minutes.
Also when the cakes came out no one explained what they were, we had to guess.
That being said they all tasted amazing and I would recommend

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank starsky07
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Whoever is in charge of recruitment here is doing a fantastic job! Every member of staff went above and beyond to make our visit amazing. Didn't manage to catch everyone's name apart from Dan and jane but thank you all so much for a fantastic time! Would definitely recommend, beautiful place and food was fantastic!

Date of stay: February 2019