“Another great stay at the Elms”
Review of The Elms

The Elms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abberley
Surrey
“Another great stay at the Elms”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have just got back from a short Easter break at The Elms, our 4th time in 2 years. We love this hotel for lots of reasons:
1. The childcare facilities are excellent and the girls and Robbie in the Four Bears Den couldn't be more welcoming.
2. The rooms (we have stayed in) are a good size and very clean and comfortable.
3. The staff at the hotel are welcoming and helpful at all times.
4. There's plenty of place to relax if the children are in the den and even though the hotel was fully booked, it never felt busy.
I can definitely recommend the Elms and we will be back again soon I am sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hello Lottiesurrey

Thank you for such a nice review, it is always a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the Elms. We are so grateful for your continued loyalty over the past 2 years. I will pass on your comments to the bears den staff , they will be so pleased to read them. Pleaes contact me prior to your next booking, I know you have my email address and of course your favourite table will be readily reserved for you , you only have to say the word!

Hayley Kirton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We have just got back from the Elms which is our forth break there. We/ I had the most relaxing break away with hubby and our two children, 7 and 2.
On this particluar break we were booked into a coach house room which was quite tight for a family of four. After my husband brought this to the managements attention we were moved the next day to a cottage with interconecting rooms at no extra charge.
The food, option to dine with kids, the free creche sessions and spa make this an ideal break away for a young family. We have all come back feeling revitalised and more connected. As an added bonus the Elms, is surrounded by beautiful grounds, for long walks together or as a couple if kids are happy in the creche. And if you prefer to have the kids with you then you can take them in the pool which is not limited for swimming times, equally there are more then enough in house games (for rainy days) and outdoor games (crochet, footballs, tennis..and lots more), plus trampoline, swings, and play house.....can you wrong?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kamlesh S
Dear Kamlesh S

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay. Fern mentioned a couple of things that you had fed back about at check out and I am glad to report they are rectified so thank you for your valuable feedback at that time. I am so pleased that you and your family still have an great stay and were able to fully enjoy the facilities. That's what it's all about!

I do hope we see you and your family back at the Elms soon.

Hayley and the team
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My daughter has just had her seventh birthday party at The Elms. They had a fabulous time!!
She and her friends began with a swim in the pool (the jacuzzi that lead outside was a massive hit!).
They then each had a mini manicure whilst wearing their oversized spa robes! They were able to choose from a massive selection of nail colours - needless to say, at seven they got quite creative!!
Donning their brightly coloured nails they then tucked into the most amazing party banquet - mini fish and chips in cones, chicken goujons, party sandwiches, potato wedges followed by tropical mousses, chocolate brownies, fruit and the most amazing knickerbocker glories! I didn't think they would manage it all but it was too good not to give it a good go!!
If you are looking for something a little different for your child's party - I would highly recommend it. The staff were excellent - nothing was too much trouble and they helped make my little girl's party a real hit!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ecollins2013
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Ecollins2013
Thank you for your lovely review, I'm so glad that the girls had a great time. I saw that party food going out of the kitchen and it looked very tempting, I wondered if they would manage it all so well done that they did.
Thank you for taking the time to write Sam and email as well, it has been shared on the team notice board already.

Eckington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have just returned from the Elms, having had a superb sunday lunch. Having known the Elms for years, but not actually been there. I decided to convert a Buyagift voucher from a supercar blast to Sunday lunch at the Elms, I am so glad I did. From the moment we walked in the staff were attentive and helpful. The Sunday lunch menu is not huge and extensive, but there has to be something on there for even the pickiest of eaters!!!. The three course lunch we had was really good and the service was just right. The waitress in the restaurant, Eva was a delight with a ready smile. After finishing off with coffee, we had a quick walk around the grounds, which in summertime are no doubt fantastic. I certainly would do it all again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bogey567
Dear Bogey567

What a lovely review, we are also glad that you changed you Buyagift voucher and joined us for Sunday lunch .Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I do hope we get to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My friend and I had the full body massage and day spa at the Elms with full use of the facilities and a 2 course lunch. From the moment we entered the staff were extremely attentive the full body massage was bliss for 60mins - well worth it! We enjoyed the facilities, the swimming pool was excellent. We already knew this was a family orientated hotel but this didn't bother us one little bit. Even though there were children there they did not bother us. The hotel does not hide the fact that children are welcome. It made us feel special that we had a designated table all day. We were a bit early for lunch but as soon as we sat down we were asked if we would like lunch, nothing was a problem for the staff. Lunch was delicious and came quickly. We then enjoyed a bottle of wine which had been recommended to us. We decided we didn't want all of the wine so the waiter kept it for us until we were ready to finish it at the end of our day. As soon as we returned to the table at the end of our day without asking the waiter brought the rest of the wine to our table. I couldn't have asked for better service. The hotel provided us with more than we could have asked for, the staff were very polite and attentive. I will definitely be returning to this hotel for another spa day. My friend and I were made to feel very special.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clair H
Dear Clair H
I am so pleased to read that you had a lovely and relaxing Spa day and lunch at The Elms. Thank you for taking the time to write and post a review. I will pass on your comments to the team and I know the waiter who produced the wine will be pleased to read that his actions were noticed and appreciated and I know the Spa girls love to read when someone has enjoyed their treatment.
Thanks aging and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Bristol
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just returned today after two night dinner, bed and breakfast stay. Staff courteous, could not do enough for us. Dinner food choices a bit minimal but excellent presentation, very unusual combinations but good. Breakfast superb.we had three rooms all different grades between us basic room smallish, we were in Hope Cottage a short walk outside which could be improved with covered walkway as we were unlucky to have rain. Would be fine if dry though. Room spacious lots of character but mind your head on the beams, bed huge but firm, pillows a bit on the too chunky side. Cleanliness could not be faulted. Not really worth the extra levy as there were main hotel rooms just as nice for less. Spa and pool area and attached cafe excellent. Lounges comfortable and spectacular. Would go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were so lucky to be treated by my husband's parents to a weekend stay at this gem of a place to celebrate my parents-in-law's 50th wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived we felt our shoulders drop down and our relaxed smiles widen. We travelled with two kids aged 4 and 6 and were given a spacious room with a huge bathroom, and lots of handy amenities such as fridge, DVD player (film could be borrowed from play area in reception), hot chocolate, tea, coffee, iron, ironing board etc. We had our dinners and breakfasts in a separate dining room, and we felt the staff were very attentive and friendly and we felt the kids running happily around were no problem to anyone. The food and wine was delicious and plentiful - but what made the place really stand out, in our opinion, was the always friendly and helpful staff.

One of the other highlights was the pool, especially the jacuzzi that is partially outside! There was also a thermal area with steam room and sauna. We all felt welcome and at home at The Elms and would really recommend it to anyone who would like a relaxing break surrounded by a feeling of friendly and comfortable luxury.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 39Vibeche
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear 39Vibeche
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a lovely review, I'm so pleased to read that you had a great weekend and that your anniversary celebrations went well. I know that the staff were saying what a pleasure it was to look after your group and I know it was such a busy weekend.

Thanks again a, I will pass the review on to the staff to read.

Hayley and the team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abberley
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Malvern Wells
Gainsborough House Hotel
Gainsborough House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Kidderminster

Been to The Elms? Share your experiences!