“Cuban Sandwich”

Five Brothers Grocery Two
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Ramrod Key
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: There is one on Sumberland Key also, but we couldn't find it.
Description: There is one on Sumberland Key also, but we couldn't find it.
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I wanted to try some cuisine that was southern Florida since I am NOT a fan of Key lime pie. Their Cuban sandwiches were AWSOME!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Being from Miami we were in the mood for some good authentic Cuban coffee (cafe con leche). Thanks to a friend, google, and travelocity's reviews, we decided to check out Five Brothers Grocery. It's a small grocery store that reminded me of my younger years and going to the corner grocery store in New Jersey to buy some ice-cream and milk. There is a small sitting area in the back of the store so we decided to eat in and ordered a full breakfast. The cuban coffee was delicious and the eggs with cuban toast just as good. Our friend ordered the "Cuban mix" sandwich; he absolutely loved it and came back the next day for another. This is truly authentic Cuban food. It's a must for a sandwich on the go, or to come in and relax a bit.

1  Thank Eva1068
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The original 5 Brothers is in Key West. Family owned and operated. A while back, we watched the building go up. Authentic Cuban food. they do a daily meal that changes- as well as the menu items posted on the wall behind the expresso machine. Have pastries as well. It's also a small grocery- with a Cuban twist. Coffee is superb. They do wonderful con leche (coffee)- never ordered a bucci or cordito here- they can probably do that as well. The Cuban sandwich is the real deal- ham, pork and all the fixins- on Cuban bread pressed and warmed. Love the breakfast toast- real Cuban bread pressed flat- can add eggs, cheese, bacon, ham, etc. A true slice of Keys life.

1  Thank FLAKey33040
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I spotted this little Cuban grocery by accident and was very glad I did. I was on the hunt for a "real" Cuban mix sandwich after being disappointed by several in the Keys over the past few days, at places that should have known better. This one was the real deal: all the ingredients in perfect proportion including the pickles and mustard: surprisingly absent from some of the others I had tried. Don't go for the atmosphere, go for the food. 5 Brothers just earned a regular spot on my rotation when in the Keys.

1  Thank wwpilot
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Read a TA review to hit this place for breakfast before diving or snorkeling. Grandpa makes EXCELLENT cafe' con leche'!!! Had a ham, egg and cheese on cuban pressed bread... hmmm, yummy. Looks like a family owned small market with a couple of tables out back. We just grabbed our stuff to go. Say hi to grandpa, he should share his smile, not only with his customers like he does :) but the other employees should take heed of his friendliness-it made me come back again and again!!