“Our Xmas night out” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Claregalway
IRELAND
“Our Xmas night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2009

We went along as three couples taking advantage of the hotel's special offer of a 2 course dinner with an an overnight stay. We had a wonderful time at such a bargain price the staff couldn't have been nice, the room couldn't have been more comfortable tand the food was certainly well worth the visit.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Doegal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

Stayed in hotel for a wedding. Overall the hotel was lovely. The girls on reception were very welcoming and Sharon was particularly good. Service at reception,bar was very good. Would definately recommend.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

The Claregalway hotel is a real gem of a hotel. This was our 2nd time there.From the minute we had arrived we got a warm welcome and felt such a relaxing vibe in the hotel.The rooms are lovely.The rate was fantastic! All staff arso friendly and helpful. Food is great. Entertainment at weekends is all excellent! For us it was a perfect getaway, you would not need to leave the hotel as there are newsagents, supermarkets, take aways all in and around the hotel. It is only a 10 min drive to Galway city. I will def be back again. Thanks a mill Claregalway,ye are doing a great job-Keep it up!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
N. Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

Before booking this hotel, I looked at the reviews of it on Trip Advisor and this hotel was the one with the most positive feedback in the Galway area. Having stayed there, I can see why. I was impressed with the staff, hotel cleanliness and the rooms. The bar was a bit expensive to drink in but it was the same in all of the other bars near it so this is not a critism of the hotel itself.

The food was really good (ate breakfasts and evening meal in it) and all of it was very tasty and well presented.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Galway area.

• Stayed September 2009
Ireland, Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

i booked this hotel on a supervalu offer(2 nights), and i decided to book a third night also separately and contact staff nearer the time to keep the 1 room for the 3 nights. the second i booked the room i got a phone call to use the one room for the 3 nights which I thought was very good and on the ball.

when we arrived the place was so clean and a lot of parking. the reception area was lovely and staff were very pleasant. we were contacted in relation to the valentines meal they were running to see if we needed to book a table, which again i taught was really good also. the room was gorgeous but big stain on the carpet was the only off point of the room. room was well equipped as was the bathroom. food there was really good, hats of to the chef!

the leisure centre was well equipped and free to people staying.

all in all A++++

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank glenmoe
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

Upon arrival we were greeted promptly, staff very polite and always smiling. Very impressed with the hotel. It was large, spacious and clean. Modern with Wi-fi access throughout the hotel (so my workaholic husband was happy). Our room was very spacious with a flat screen TV.
The hotel had gym, swimming pool (only 4ft 4" – so perfect for my needs as I am a very bad swimmer) sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room. It was not busy at all so it was perfect for us and the staff at the leisure centre were so lovely and helpful.
You have to buy a swim hat for the swimming pool (3 Euros) it is just a nylon hat and I was annoyed about that as I have a perfectly good one at home which I could have brought along had I known.
I was very disappointed with the charge for the room service. We kept missing breakfast as we were enjoying sleeping in and I thought I would order room service (you can get a vegetarian breakfast for about 5/6 Euros) but when I checked the charge for room service it was 5 Euros per person which would bring the total to 20 plus Euros which I was not prepared to pay, considering we still had lunch, dinner snacks to go.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Muns-Sha
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2009
Thank you for your kind words and the praise of my team here in the hotel. I will take on board your cooments regarding the roomservice cost. Two night stay including dinner, in Galway for only €115 per person is percived a great value. I would think that it would be hard to beat, And as you say yourself, we do have great people employed here!. Again many thanks for posting your comments on trip advisor they are of great value to us.
Waterford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Quiet happy with the stay at the claregalway the lady we met when checking was very friendly and had smile on her face made us feel welcome,The bar is a lovely place for coffee or a quiet pint.Food was very good not overpriced.I thought the stay was quiet expensive though 2 nite stay 1 breckfast €230 for a 3 star the rooms are quiet small love if they had a option of a upgrade.But as a whole the hotel was tidy and the staff are the biggest treasure of this Hotel

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MichaelBres
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claregalway
The Arches Hotel, Claregalway
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,008 reviews
The Coach House Hotel
The Coach House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Oranmore

Been to Claregalway Hotel? Share your experiences!