“A little noisy, but a very nice lodging option”
Review of Claregalway Hotel

Claregalway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Claregalway
Ohio, USA
“A little noisy, but a very nice lodging option”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed one night at the Hotel Claregalway during out bus tour around Ireland. The property is very nice and well appointed. Overall it has an open feel and a modern, upbeat vibe with the light tone wood and lots of windows. Everyone who we dealt with in the hotel, pub and restaurant were pleasant and helpful. The room that we had was one of the nicest that we stayed in during the trip. It had plenty of space as well as nice lighting from outside due to the ample windows. The only downside is that it sits right on a main road so there is a fair amount of traffic noise. That’s not in issue with the windows closed, but with no air conditioning the room was a bit warm, so we had to open the windows. The room cooled down nicely, but the noise also came in with the cool air. Still just a minor annoyance. We ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The food was very good and the service was great. The bar is also very nice with an inviting atmosphere. There is wifi available, but the signal in the room was a bit weak; much stronger in the lobby. Since we were only there one night we really did not have time to explore the area, but my wife and I did take a short stroll after dinner and saw the ruins just down across the river.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night , for my son's wedding in August . The hotel is very good in all ways from the way the meal was served up , their care and concern for every part of the reception is just wonderful . Their bedrooms are lovely bright and airy . So accomadating , would strongly recomend it for a wedding .

2 Thank Noreen82
Oranmore, Galway, Ireland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

had lunch on monday, nicest steak sandwich ever, very reasonable, great service by the friendly and efficient grainne , well done to the staff, always a great place for a quick bite or a nice dinner, the hotel is spotlessly clean, looking forward to returning very soon

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Sean B,

Many thanks for your lovely compliments. I hope it helps others who are thinking of visiting us here at the Claregalway Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found all the staff you encountered to be friendly, helpful & efficient. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to us in the not too distant future.

Paul Gill,
Managing Director.
DONEGAL
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had two functions in this hotel one was a family meal which was first class. The service was impeccable, staff looked after everyone of the 20 guests of all ages with complete ease and professionalism. The food was delicious and very well presented. Darragh Doyle the young Manager was on hand and made sure that everything was running smoothly. The bar was very busy and I noticed that one family were not happy and requested to see the manager. This issue was managed so professionally by Mr. Doyle is such a mature, private way I was very impressed. The guest in question was very happy with the outcome, which is so important.
I had also organised a small conference to be held in this hotel on the same week. It went like clockwork. Anything I needed was taken care of immediately. Again Mr. Doyle looked after the event and I was more than happy with the way it turned out.

This is a lovely hotel to visit, warm friendly atmosphere and spotlessly clean very well trained staff and very tasty well presented food and reasonably priced!! What more can we ask for??

Dear TABATHADONEGAL,

We wish to thank you for your kind words following your recent visit to Claregalway Hotel. I was delighted to read you enjoyed both your meal and found the food delicious! Also that our team including our manager was able to provide you with a dedicated and professional service.
It was a great pleasure looking after your family and also your meeting requirements! We take great pride in the service we offer and it makes it all worth while receiving reviews like yours!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Paul Gill,
Dublin
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my partner as we were attending a wedding. Found it very reasonably priced and lovely rooms. Wedding was gorgeous, staff excellent. B&g very happy. Didnt make breakfast but would love to return for a break here

• Stayed September 2012
Dear dleacht,

Thank you for your lovely honest review, we were delighted you enjoyed your stay here at Claregalway Hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards
Paul Gill
n ireland
Reviewed August 28, 2013

arrived at 2 pm I knew I could not get room till 3 pm so I had no issue when at 2 pm I was told to come back at 3,alas at 3 I was asked to return at 3.30 ok so I can forgive that it wasn't a big deal I just went to bar and had a drink.not a problem .checked in at 3.30 room was very good standard staff all very friendly and helpful but I got to ask one question here dinner and the question I want to ask is this was that stuff I had under my roast beef Cadbury smash dehydrated mashed spud if it was and I think it was all the good work that this hotel did is to no avail as I would rate it 3 from ten if it was real mash then I would score 8 deducting 2 points for the check in .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nedNIreland
Dear nedNIreland,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay with us, we appreciate all feedback for our strive in continuous improvement.

We would like to assure you that all our vegetables are provided by Glynns Fruit & Vegetables, Claregalway and our creamed potato is made daily. We must apologise if it wasn't to your liking, I have passed on the comments to our chefs, who were extremely disappointment by your feedback and will be looking into the cooking process and adjust where necessary!

Regarding not been able to check-in when you arrived, I must apologise again we do try provide our guests with their rooms as soon as they are ready but due to having a full house the night before and guest enjoying their stay a little longer, your room wasn't ready for you when you tried to check-in. Again, my apologise!

Otherwise on a positive note, you did seem to enjoy the rest of your stay- and we hope we can welcome you back here soon.

Paul Gill
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel itself is lovely. The room we stayed in was a family room - two double beds, one single bed - very spacious and clean. Ideal for what we wanted. The leisure centre is a real bonus - great pool and well kept surroundings. I had stayed here earlier in the year in February and hadn't realised there was a leisure centre so was sure to bring my swimsuit this time! However our dinner service in the restaurant that evening was very poor. We made a reservation for the five of us 8pm on the Saturday. The kids menu was fine. However, after serving us drinks, we were informed one of the main courses was unavailabe. Pity, but fair enough. As we went through the order one of our choices of starter, none of the 4 pizzas on the menu were available. After our order we were informed that one of our choice of main courses was not available two. That's 1 starter and 3 main courses from what the three of us would have wanted. We spoke to manager who apologised, said they were very busy and subsequently offered us complimentary desserts instead. We did accept them as the 2 children wanted them, but it wasn't the desserts we wanted. There's no choice of restaurants within reasonable walking distance and therefore the dinner service is essential. The food quality is excellent. But it really took from our visit to have such poor service, especially on a saturday over the summer night when the level of business should be known. If we had known before ordering our drinks the poor selection available we would most likely have eaten elsewhere. We did also feed this back to reception when we checked out. Interestingly, when we stayed earlier in February we also had an issue in the restaurant where our steaks were not cooked correctly. Again we were offered complimentary desserts but declined that time (no kids with us!). My advice is to check how busy the hotel is for dinner and consider making plans to go somewhere like to Oranmore to eat where there is more choice.

Room Tip: The family room is very spacious