“A nice surprise in ClareGalway” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Claregalway Hotel

Claregalway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Claregalway
“A nice surprise in ClareGalway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Visited the ClareGalway Hotel in April for a weekend with a group of friends. What a nice surprise!We found the service amazing-the staff were so warm and helpful particularly in the bar! A special thanks to the batman who gave us a plate of sandwiches after a long night in Galway!! We ate in the restaurant one night- everyone was very impressed-lovely food at a very good price. Was a little a bit worried initially about its distance from Galway City but it wasn't a problem. We got a taxi in a night which was very cheap between 8! It was exceptional value overall.I couldn't believe the big breakfast! The rooms were good-clean and spacious. Nice to have a swim in the morning too!Overall a great weekend in very good hotel with wonderful staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank eladonnelly
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Eladonnelly,

Many thanks for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found our service amazing & our staff warm and very helpful. I hope it helps others who are thinking of visiting us here at Claregalway Hotel.

I hope you will become a regular visitor to our property.

Kind regards,
Manager Directors.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Tralee, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I really like this hotel, it has nothing over the top about it but it does have a good location, decent rooms, food & staff
would def return again...nice if you want to be a bit out of the city
and i also got my weight watchers meeting while i was there!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear ThetravellerKerry,

Thank you for your lovely words about the Claregalway Hotel following your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you will return again and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just returned from Claregalway Hotel. Lovely hotel, great location, Friendly polite smart staff, Reception staff very efficent & helpfull. Hotel clean throughout. We got a family room at the back of the building which was a big room. Beds really comfy, bathroom nice, big and clean & shower was lovely too, very powerfull....just what was needed after the flight. Never ate at the hotel so can not comment but the food did smell lovely each time we walked through reception/bar area. Will definatly return & recommend this hotel to anyone considering staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank spookygal
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear spookygal,

Many thanks for your lovely compliments. I hope it helps others who are thinking of visiting us here at the Claregalway Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found all the staff you encountered to be friendly, helpful & efficient. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to us in the not too distant future.

Managing Director.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a friends christening and the staff were so nice and very helpful. The food was delicious and came out very fast even though the hotel was so busy. The cocktails were amazing!!!! Really enjoyed the atmosphere. Love this hotel as do all my American friends who stay here when they visit!

• Stayed May 2012
obcg, Manager at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Madison 773,

We wish to thank you for your kind words following your recent visit to Claregalway Hotel. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you found the food delicious. We look forward to welcoming you & your American friends back again soon.

Armagh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Took my elderly parents with my wife and I for a couple of days. They got a disability room because Dad is frail and has problems with mobility. On the first morning mum was trying to get him showered but had great difficulty because there was no chair for him to sit on. He struggled to hang on to a towel rail. Then the water didn't drain and the place became flooded and mum spent an hour on her hands and knees trying to dry the floor with towels. I complained a couple of times and maintenance was allegedly carried out and a blue Formica chair left in the shower. I also mentioned that the remote for the TV wasn't working. Next day she was about to shower him again but the water didn't drain so she gave up. Overall they had a miserable time. The previous evening, while my wife and I were enjoying the bar, they were stuck in the room with another remote control that didn't work.
My wife and I however had a good time. Our room was big and bright; better then expected for a three star hotel. The gym was excellent. The food was very good, if you could get what you want, as many dishes were 'off' as they were changing the menu the next day. The staff were pleasant and helpful even if they did not solve the problems.
Nor had they a satisfactory answer when I asked how disabled people were to be evacuated, in the event of fire, from the disabled room on the second floor. There is no provision for disabled e.g. evac-chair.
Despite all I would actually recommend the hotel to others, but not if you are disabled.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eamonn C
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Eamonn C,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay with us, we appreciate all feedback for our strive in continuous improvement. We are delighted you and your wife had a good time and thank you for your lovely comment about our rooms, food and leisure facilities.

I must apologise for your parents somewhat not so pleasant stay, I am very disappointed that the accessible room we provided did not meet your parent’s needs and have asked for a review on our accessible rooms to be carried out to ensure we are more conscious of the needs and requirements for these rooms. As always we take all feedback very seriously I am truly disappointed your mother and father didn’t have as enjoyable stay as you and your wife. I hope that your parents might contact me directly and I will be sure to look after them on their visit to Claregalway. My direct email is paul@claregalwayhotel.ie and if you just mention Trip Advisor I will gladly ensure they are more than looked after.

Kind regards,
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a great weekend in Galway.excellent price with grab one vouchers.2 nights b&b with and evening meal .€99 for two people.couldnt go wrong.hotel was lovely,staff were very friendly and the rooms were lovely.meal was very nice and a great atmosphere around.only 10 mins from Galway city .had a very relaxing weekend and would recommend this hotel,only one thing I would suggest is that the hotel should have wifi in all the rooms.alot of hotels are doing this now.

• Stayed April 2013
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Deemulch,

Many thanks for sharing your experience of your recent trip to Claregalway Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team, I will be sure to pass it on.
My apologises that you weren't able to avail of our Free Wifi in your room, we do provide Free Wifi across the Hotel but however in some areas we have found it isn't as strong, and I have instructed a technician to fix any areas where there is low connectivity.
We will be delighted to welcome you back again soon and thank you again for posting a comment.

Yours sincerely,
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Check in was quick and easy. Our room wasn't ready so we had lunch in the restraunt. Food was really good & reasonable. Atmosphere a bit lacking. Couldn't put my finger on it. Staff very friendly.dust on the walls that divide the areas.

We booked a family room for 2 adults & 3 children. The room we got was a double with a single bed and a camp bed...that's 4. I went to reception and she didn't seem bothered, 4 beds, 5 people. She said she'd get us another bed. I explained That another bed wouldn't fit in the room but there were no more rooms. They brought another camp bed without a pillow or duvet. I called and asked twice for a duvet and pillow which never came!! Didnt matter Coz my little fella had seen the bed being thrown up and wouldn't sleep in it. The 3 beds were squashed together under a window.

The room was dirty. The doors had handprints all over. The counter top in bathroom was half rubbed down. The carpet was filthy. The curtain pole kept falling down.

The carpet in the corridors was dirty also. Really dirty for a hotel. Its like they are half hoovered or the Hoover is not strong enough. Theres old dust in the corners and fir the 3 days we stayed even the reception carpet or the stairs weren't cleaned and it really showed.
Breakfast was ok. Not a great selection but tasty enough but all the glasses were filthy both mornings and so were filthy the plates.

The cleanliness of this hotel really lets it down. Food and staff are great. selection swimming pool nice but again not the cleanest. We enjoyed our stay but would not go back unless it was very very cheap.

This hotel would be easily made great as the basics are there...staff and food both above 3 star but cleanliness below

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to read your post. I do apologize that despite our best efforts to accommodate your family, even though the original booking was not that check-into the hotel. I believe the error with with the booking, it appears were only lead to believe that only 2 children would be coming to the hotel with you. But thanks to your feedback, i will make sure we double check all family numbers arriving at the hotel to ensure rooms are allocated correctly and charged for accordingly.

With regard to the breakfast service, I do apologize that our breakfast was not to our correct standard. This issue is being rechecked and retraing has taken place With regards to the dust - we under took alot of redeocoratiog over the Holy Thursday and Good Friday in our bars and restaurnt which involved the "stripping" down of all the wood work and restoring it to its original best- this lead to alot of dust being created and desipite our best efforts to minimise same we still had a little residue left over, as you can appericate, which has now been delt with.

Once Again, that you very much for taking the time to give me your feedback as it is only trough it that we can improve our service and quality we offer to you our guest.

Paul Gill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claregalway
The Arches Hotel, Claregalway
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,009 reviews
The Coach House Hotel
The Coach House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Oranmore

Been to Claregalway Hotel? Share your experiences!