“Claregalway Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Claregalway
Dublin , Ireland
“Claregalway Hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just back from a mini break with 2 sons at the Claregalway hotel , just outside Galway City. Have stayed there before on business but this was the first time on holiday. Have to say could barely find fault at all with the hotel. Room was perfect for us , all mod cons , free wifi etc. Above all the staff were brilliant and couldnt do enough (especially the young lady on reception whose name I cant remember , but could give anyone a lesson in how to carry out good customer service). The hotel was spotless throughout and food wonderful (though a little over priced for essentially what is bar food)

Great location to explore Galway and Clare (though beware the rush hour traffic in Galway is horrendous).

Only gripe is pool is closed to under 14s after 7pm - which with 2 teenage boys is too restrictive (especially as pool was empty at night) & the rule was enforced was too much zeal by the pool attendant for my liking

Overall though couldnt fault the hotel at all and would highly recommend it for both business and leisure travel in west of Ireland

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear BKGator,

Many thanks for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor, it is really appreciated. I am delighted you enjoyed the service and facilities we have to offer and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had booked 2 triple rooms on booking.com but on arrival they only had one room booked for us, we where advised that it wouldn't be a problem to get get the other room sorted. Yet when it was "ready" on entry to the 2nd room it was a double when on the booking recipet and at reception I stated that I needed a triple room as there was 3 adults staying in the 2nd room, the room was finally changed. Then on check out the receptionist was trying to charge us double price for the one room? The best thing about the hotel was the food. Think the receptionists need training to a reasonable standard as they are a big let down to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Tanya S,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of your trip to Claregalway Hotel. I was sorry to read that there was a mix up with your rooms, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Front Office Manager.
Tanya, I do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to Claregalway Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Managing Director
Ballybofey, Ireland
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We are a family of 5 with 3 boys aged 2, 5 and 8. On arrival our room was not quite ready but Mary on reception organised a "ghost hunt" for the boys which was fantastic. Our room was ready minutes later. Room was very adequate with 1 double, 2 singles and a fold up bed which was the same size as the singles and you wouldn't know it was a fold up bed at all. Easily suited us with plenty of room for us all.

Hotel spotlessly clean and breakfast which was buffet was also top notch.

Swimming pool and changing rooms are also spotless an the pool was nice and warm with the kids pool even warmer.

Staff so friendly especially Mary on reception.

I will be recommending this hotel to all my family and friends.

S. Wilson
Donegal

1 Thank Quickmotor_S_Wilson
Dear Quickmotor_S_Wilson,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Mary & all the team.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to welcoming you back to Claregalway Hotel in the very near future.

Meath
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our first time in this hotel ( last weekend) and we had a wonderful experience.Friendly and helpful reception. Super bedroom, spotless bathroom. Super meal in bar from very friendly staff. Great selection at breakfast. Overall top marks. Would recommend for anyone visiting Galway ( just a short drive into Galway) Will visit again shortly,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BrianMeath,

Thank you so much for your lovely review following your stay with us.

We are delighted that you all enjoyed your weekend here and hopefully you will return again soon to Claregalway Hotel.

Co Clare
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here just for one night. We wished it could have longer. Staff accommodation and food excellent.Even though it was a midweek night the place was busy with a great athmosphere. Enjoyed leisure centre also. Will definetly be back for longer stay. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear N H,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward in welcoming you back to Claregalway Hotel again in the near future.

Galway,Ireland
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. The rooms are in desperate need of some TLC. Badly stained carpets and the shower curtain was a disgrace. It costs very little to buy a shower curtain (especially if buying in bulk!!!) I couldn't get out of the shower fast enough!Overall the whole place seemed very tired, even the upholstery on the seats we were sitting on in the bar were all ripped. The breakfast was terrible. In fact the only thing I could eat was the toast and cereal. The cooked items were undercooked and cold. In its heyday this was a great place. My parents live in the village and I have been going to this hotel for years. The food used to be very good but we actually don't go here for lunch or dinner anymore which is a shame. Positives though are the staff are very good. It's a definate plus for the hotel. Unfortunately I wouldn't stay at this hotel again unless I had to and if I did it would be room only. I would go to Treat cafe for my breakfast. The summerfield also do wonderful food.

1 Thank LMR610
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear LMR610,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay with us during your recent visit to Galway.

We are disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies. We appreciate all feedback as we are continuously trying to improve our standards. I would like to assure you that we have taken your comments in relation to the dinner on board and I have brought them to the attention of the Accommodation & Food & Beverage Manager.

We have detailed checks in place to ensure this does not happen again and on the day in question, our standards were not adhered to.

LMR610, we very much value your custom and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night recently. The hotel is conveniently located in Claregalway which is a nice village 15 mins from Galway city. The hotel has plently of free parking which is great. The reception area is clean and the front desk staff are very friendly. Our room was clean and tidy but was in need of some refurbishment as the furniture was showing signs of wear and tear. The hotel has a large bar and restaurant area that is well presented as is a good choice for an evening drink. The breakfast was a buffet style with great choice but it was a bit of a let down as the cooked food was cold and of mediocre quality. The staff were very pleasant however and were very good with fresh tea and toast. Overall I was happy with my stay but I feel that there are a few improvements that would enhance the experience.

obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear globaltravel_8,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit to Claregalway Hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about our team, I will be sure to pass them on.

You will be glad to hear that we are planning a refurbishment in 2013, we hope you will come back to see it.

Globaltravel_8, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Managing Director.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claregalway
The Arches Hotel, Claregalway
#21 of 46 in Galway
Clybaun Hotel
Clybaun Hotel
#6 of 46 in Galway

Been to Claregalway Hotel? Share your experiences!