“Brilliant hotel with great Staff”
Review of Claregalway Hotel

Claregalway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Claregalway
leitrim
“Brilliant hotel with great Staff”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with mt friends as were were on a Hen Weekend and I cannot speak highly enough of it. We were greeted with a warm reception by Niamh and were shown to our rooms. The rooms were spacious, extremely comfortable and immaculatley clean.
On the second night were enjoyed a 3 course meal where the choices included Sea bass and steak. The waiting staff were so attentive and offered to take group photos for us. We enjoyed a cocktail hour where we were given the chance to make our own drinks and for those who did not wish to do so the staff made some for them.
Some of the girls enjoyed the spa facilities and found it to be very relaxing and reasonable in price. The bar food was very good as were the portions. When we returned to the hotel at night we were greeted by Joseph the night porter who even arranged to have sandwiches ready for us at 3a.m....
I could rave about The ClareGalway hotel all day as I found the overall experience to be second to none, simply brilliant and on a league of its own.

• Stayed May 2011
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2011
Hi and Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent weekend here in the Claregalway Hotel. It was a pleasure to look after you all and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Leitrim
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The staff at this hotel are brillant. We were a large group of girls ( on a hen weekend) and from the first day we contacted the hotel they could'nt be more helpful & nice. Straight forward check-in. Rooms were very clean & spacious, all facilities of the hotel were perfect. Food was wonderful. Great location for us traveling to galway & loads of parking. Taxi 15-20 euro approx into city centre. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2011
Hi and thank your for taking the time to post such a lovely compliment about the great people who work here in the Claregalway Hotel. I am delighted you all had such a wonderful time. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Have a great day at the wedding.

Kind Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I was slightly unsure when I saw the outside of the hotel but "don't judge a book by it's cover" is a fair quote in this case........ The hotel is cozy and the rooms are spacious and clean. The food was absolutely fine and the breakfast covers all the basics but what makes this hotel really worth returning to is the staff. We encountered Niamh on check in who was extremely pleasant and quick witted...... The staff in the restaurant and the cleaning staff are all so friendly. Asking for a late check out was no problem at all and easily accommodated. I must take this opportunity to thank you for the complimentary bottle of bubbly sent to our room when you discovered a special celebration of ours....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Comfortable hotel, friendly staff, warm environment. I thought I had booked B&B and when I checked in I still thought this was the case. However I was told at breakfast the following morning that this was not the case. That was fine as I said I'd sign for breakfast. For breakfast I used only two bowls - one for some cereal and another bowl for prunes. If I put cereal and prunes together I would have used one bowl only. However, I was charged somewhere around 15euro for breakfast although I ate very little and thought I had booked B&B. The price for the room was around 100 euro. With hindsight, I would have spent that money on a hotel in Galway city. Other than that, the hotel was fine. I would recommend this hotel but with a cautionary note with regard to the room rate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2011
Hi and thank you for your kind comments on your stay with us here at the Claregalway Hotel. I also welcome your feedback on our breakfast offer. We offer a fixed price buffet which is clearly advertised in both the bedrooms and the entry to the bistro. For a continental breakfast we charge €7.50 per person regardless of what you have from the cold section of the buffet. We would not be able to offer you a full choice of produce on our breakfast buffet, if we were to charge for items everything individually.

Again thank you for your kind comments and constructive feedback.

Regards

Paul gill
Manchester UK
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Stayed 2 nights with my 1 year old twins Sunday and Monday nights - the hotel was pleasingly quiet. Receptionist recommended a double room but "upgraded" us for no extra charge to a fantastic spacious family room right opposite the door to the health club. The room was great with plenty of space for the twins to crawl around. Breakfast was tasty and wholesome with a good choice selection - I think its better value to include it in your room rate rather than purchase separately. Plenty of space in car park and only a few minutes down the road to Galway city. Swimming pool had a very shallow section ideal for my very young children although they did look funny in the swinhats...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We wish you and your family a great summer and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Travelling regularly around the country, I have stayed in many hotels, and I was especially pleased with the warm welcome and friendly but efficient service at the Claregalway Hotel.
My room was fresh, spotless, and warm. The modern bar was buzzing, service excellent, and having become an expert on bar food, I give this 10 out of 10.
Just staying for one night, I didn't get a chance to check the hotel leisure centre, but I did take a leisurely stroll around Claregalway, which I enjoyed.
There is nothing that I disliked about this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and found all our services to be faultless. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Le Méas,

N. Ireland
Reviewed December 8, 2010

First impressions of service wasn't great. We arrived at the hotel at 4.40pm after a five hour drive to be told to wait in reception or the bar for someone to check if room was ready. We didn't have to wait for ages but I wouldn't have expected to have to wait when we were arriving late afternoon and the receptionist was quite matter of fact about it. Apart from this we found all other staff went out of their way to be helpful including making sandwiches in the evening and printing off driving directions to get to Cliffs of Moher.

Rooms are great size, clean and good facilities in room. Nice having the little extras of chocolates, dressing gowns and slippers. Health suite facilities are fresh and clean. Breakfast was very nice, only problem I had on the first day was trying to find a clean plate. I looked four down the pile and couldnt find a clean one so settled on the one that had least food scrap from the dishwasher on it.

The location is not too far out of Galway for driving in. However I would higlight for a young couple like us, a return taxi will set you back 30 Euros if your wanting to go into town for the night. If one of you wants to drive its absolutely fine but we only went in one night because it cost so much. The only reason I wouldn't return to the Claregalway is because of the costs to get into Galway but otherwise it's a quality hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments and indeed taking time to post a review. I have addressed the matters you brought to our attention with my team and I can assure you and others that these have been addressed. I do sincerely apologize that you even had such a experience and i am personally embarrassed that this occurred. As a small hotel with a great team of people we pride ourself of taking care of the little details and clearly we let ourselves down.

With regard to the TAXI experience we have a verbal agreement with most companies that no taxi should cost more than €20.00 after mid night from Eyre Square. (Four people sharing).
It is a pity that you did not get the taxi plate number as the amount you were charged was clearly to much and we could have reported it the authorities. We personally strive to give and get out guest the best value in whatever service they request and this goes against the grain. I have instructed our team to give approved Taxi company telephone numbers to all guests with the rate attached.

Again many thanks for your feed back

Paul Gill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claregalway
The Arches Hotel, Claregalway
#11 of 46 in Galway
The Twelve Hotel
The Twelve Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barna

Been to Claregalway Hotel? Share your experiences!