“LivingSocial Deal-Fabulous One Night.”

The Arches Hotel, Claregalway
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Claregalway
Reviewed January 7, 2013

LivingSocial were running a one night BB with two main courses for €49 so jumped at the chance (after checking if three children allowed by email first). Booked a Saturday Night. Told we would get a family room.

Plenty of free parking around back and side. Beautiful Door into to the actual hotel and little reception area, decorated for Christmas; with a very friendly receptionist and quick informative check-in. One of my kids rang Santa's bell and the receptionist was so pleasant that a few rings were rung.

We were delighted by squeals of delight upon entering 205 as the kids spotted the stairs. It was a split level room and of all the family type rooms we have been in this was the most ideal. Spotless room and bathroom. Flatscreen TV with a great selection of channels. Room had a fabulous window seat that gave a beautiful view, in fact kids and I car watched for a good while.

After informing our waiter we were on a package with two main course included, I asked what main courses could we choose from: he said any on the menu. Great. Jug Mi Wadi and black straws for the kids arrived within minutes (without asking us first, great service). We choose the cheapest main course (9.95)- 8oz steak with mushroom/onions, pepper sauce and homemade chips (and I mean chunky homemade potato chips). Delicious.

Children's menu €5, however the included juice and also mash never arrived but Im certain if Id said anything they would have arrived immediately. Side orders €2 and plenty of the ordered onion rings arrived.

Desserts €4 and were exceptional for this price.

On turning off the TV a little music could be heard from the main bar below but thankfully we slept right through. Plenty of pillows provided.

Breakfast was a little under whelming on arrival (no large spread of cereals, yogurts etc) but if one asked for anything everything was available. I asked for cornflakes, Tea/coffee and hot toast dropped down. Cooked breakfast delicious: even though hot plate I saw the chef pop out numerous times with fresh produce. Proper butcher meaty sausages, not the bloated chipshop variety. Another table had ordered scrambled egg and the presentation was five star.

Both the Irish Independent and Sunday edition were available for a quick read (none of this nasty having to pay for the paper as I see in other hotels).

Late check-out was lovely, giving us another hour to relax.

This hotel was soooo lovely I booked a second deal and also will certainly back for some evening food. Must also note a lovely function area was set up just inside the bar area with lovely dressed tables and seating.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PMcNGalway

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have stayed here a good few times, mostly for Race week. Always friendly staff (no matter what time) the food is good in the bar and restaurant, good night time entertainment in the bar which has a lovely atmosphere. As for the rooms, they are so comfortable and spacious and spotlessly clean! Nice and warm with comfy beds and a nice bathroom.
This place would suit everyone from families to groups and is just a short spin from town, although, there is no pool or leisure centre. Many nights we just stayed in Claregalway as there's good craic around. Plenty of parking and a handy shop on the grounds. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank EmmaDx1
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was in the Arches for a 21st back in June. Many compliments must be given to the bar staff on that night and to the porter who allowed the party continue on into the wee hours! lol

However, 1 thing i have to critique is the "dodgy" finger food which left me in a heap the next morning, never mind the guinness which kept me shtuck to the bowl!!

Overall, a very enjoyable and i look forward to my next night in the Arches,
Many thanks.
Eamon,
Castlegar.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Had a bite to eat here recently. Food service and value all excellent. Good selection on menu. Nice clean n comfy atmosphere. Staff very good always ensuring you are looked after.
Highly recommend as a place to enjoy a meal or drink.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was happy with my stay. Very comfortable beds and room and nice food. Very convenient to bus stop to travel in and out of city. Friendly and helpful staff. I'd stay there again..I would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We only stayed here for one night and we had a good experience. It is kind of far from the center of Galway but we had a rental car. It would have been too far without a car. The staff was very friendly and we had free wi-fi. The room was clean and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J M
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My sister and I stayed in the Arches on Monday night last. We had stayed here for the Galway Races last summer, and were well pleased with our stay.
We found the room and shower room to be clean, with clean towels and good supply of towels.The beds were clean and comfortable, and we slept well.We were at front of house, with attic style windows......but thanks to blackout blinds, we were not affected by outside light.
The Irish breakfast was never for me, but there was a brisk business on the Monday morning, with workmen in having breakfast.
The location is a little out from the city,but a bus stops just across the road, for the city, for a few euro...and it suited us.
Without doubt,while facilities in this hotel are clean and basic,and the TV is a bit dated,the staff are really friendly and helpful, which is one of the reasons why we returned! I will be back.......

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claregalway
Claregalway Hotel
Connemara Coast Hotel
Nox Hotel
Nox Hotel
#10 of 46 in Galway

Been to The Arches Hotel, Claregalway? Share your experiences!