“Fantastic food, great atmosphere!”
Review of Coffee Darling

Coffee Darling
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Wilton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coffee Darling serves up so much more than just great coffee! Lindsay & Russ offer a range of home cooked, locally sourced produce in a friendly, comfortable atmosphere. Everything - including our wide range of cakes - is cooked from scratch (so no nasty preservatives), which also enables us to cater for special dietary requirements. Lots of choice for gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan etc. Home-made sausages from free range Gloucester Old Spot pigs farmed up the road, and our own cured bacon & ham feature on an ever-changing specials board. Vegetarians and vegans are not left out as we use loads of local seasonal fruit & veg. Come and enjoy a glass of wine in our lovely sun-drenched courtyard. We are in the heart of historic Wilton, opposite the market square, and offer secure storage for bikes.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I LOVED the food in this cafe, I have been a few times and ordered the soup of the day (Stilton and broccoli) which was full of flavour and served with a generous portion of bread and butter, the home made lasagne which you could tell was freshly home made and the chicken tikka baguette (Yummy!) the staff were friendly the owner was very hospitable and had a chat with me, great gift selection and free parking opposite! highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We've tried Coffee Darling a few times now, but I have to say we only really go becuase it's close to home. They do do good coffee, which is just as well given the name, but I do find the food a bit of a let down - it looks really good, but the taste never quite lives up to it. I like a good soup, and although they always sound appealing they are always served piping hot (too hot) and taste rather bland - time to try something else I think! What goes in Coffee Darling's favour is that it's right in the centre of Wilton and there is free parking opposite, so it's really easy to get to. However, we have been put off in the past as the cafe is quite small and often there are children in there and you can't hear yourself think.

2  Thank Ian S
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had a lovely quick lunch at this friendly coffee shop. There is a good selection of drinks, food and cake as well as a little gift shop corner with lovely bits and bobs for the house (cards, frames, etc) Plus, it's nice to find an independent cafe that serves soya milk.

1  Thank LouandCai
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

A decent enough brunch stop but certainly not the best I have found by any stretch. Service was a bit dissapointing, despite being quiet.

3  Thank DubVanCamper
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Taken over in January, the present owners have breathed life into this delightful place. We stopped off for a late lunch and were given a very cordial welcome. All the food is cooked on the premises and is delicious. The menu is short but good and well priced and there is a specials blackboard. I had a Coronation Chicken sandwich, my friend had the Coronation Chicken salad. Both were well presented and of exceptional quality. I was thrilled that they do a choice of herb and fruit teas, which is unusual as most places still avoid offering them. The menu and blackboard also says they do All Day Breakfast, including on Sunday mornings which should prove popular once it gets known.

Simply decorated with a comfortable country feel, the place exudes atmosphere. There is a cute little courtyard at the back with two small round tables for fine days.

Coffee Darling also sells interesting country influenced and retro gifts and cards so it is well worth popping in just for that.. Although the cafe is set on a the main road, there is plenty of free parking in the market place opposite.

We will be back.