“Warm friendly hotel, cut above the rest when it comes to a personal touch.”
Review of Parkhouse Motel

Parkhouse Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cholderton
“Warm friendly hotel, cut above the rest when it comes to a personal touch.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was so pleased with my stay at Parkhouse motel, I've stayed at a lot of places in the south of the UK and often seen the trip advisor logo but this place has been the first that has left me compelled to write a review. The place is run by the same family for 30years now, when I arrived i was greeted by Susan, it's the first time in a long while I've been greeted with the phrase "hello young man" which I though was a nice compliment, after checking me in she gave me a tour and explained when I could get food and a drink, once I was settled in I went in their restaurant for dinner, i was greeted by one of the manageress's sons who served me my dinner, I would say if I could criticise anything was that I had to undo the top knotch on my belt afterwards, this hotel is a little gem, I can see why the car park was practically full, the rooms were spacious and the shower was lovely, can't fault this hotel, I only wish I was working down there more often, thank's for a wonderful stay.

Oh and free wifi!

• Stayed April 2013
6 Thank MTurner59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
ireland
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed there for two nights recent, never again.

Room was cold and I got all sorts of comments about problems with heating this time of year.
It took ages to get to sleep in the hard bed, even after a tiring days work.
On second morning I was five mins late for breakfast and was told it finish at 8.30 and was offered a coffee.
The photograph shown is misleading as the bedrooms are in a separate block off a car park/courtyard.
I paid with cash and was then followed to car park to exchange a note which had corner missing,
pity they were not as fussy about the room and the price of 57.50 for a dump of a place.

Room Tip: find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DAVID13577
devon
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Booked from their website for one night. Accommodated in the motel section and found the room small and tired. Divan base was stained and not even a valance on it. Tea or coffee drip stains on furniture. In our experience no attention given to mattress or pillow comfort. Rooms in hotel may have been better but we were charged £75 so not value for money in our opinion. Breakfast was good and the waitress very helpful . Would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank weekenderDevon
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Checked in for an overnight stay - couldn't fault the wonderful warm family welcome.
The double room with en suite shower room was large and very comfortably furnished.
Breakfast was excellent and the staff very welcoming and helpful.
Great for exploring the local area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank TechBoy71
Swadlincote, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Absolutley Fabulous!!! Sue and her family are very polite and friendly. Highly recommend to anyone.
All our needs were catered for - nice clean room - good food - friendly service - What more do you need?
Our stay there was due to my Father being rushed into hospital while working away and Sue made sure we had everything we needed and much more. I would definitely go back and i am eternally grateful to all the staff. The rooms were clean and Breakfast was beautiful.
Everyone has time to talk to you there and are very informative.

Room Tip: If you need to come in late - ask for a room out in the court yard as you have a key to come and go...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Gemma L
Dhekelia, Cyprus
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a single room with en suite shower room, the price was very good, the room was very nice and the bar and food was lovely. Breakfast was included in the price and that was very nice. A family ran place with all the staff making you feel very welcome, all rooms come with free wifi TV, kettle, towels, car parking is very good, reception check in was easy, the motel rooms are clean . I would recommend this motel and will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Very nice location
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank George R
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Not too pleased with the facility not really matching the price or location! If you're looking to explore the Stonehenge and Salisbury area and fancy the look of this Motel by its website - then maybe look elsewhere or be happy to settle for mediocre.

The motel room was fairly basic and clean but a very dated decor (not in a good way). Not a nice feel to the room whh was quite chilly. Room was spacious but very basic. At £75 I have styed in far more of a luxury feel. The room felt 'thrown' together in its style and left me feeling like I couldn't wait to get out. It didnt match the splendour of the main building. I knew when I turned up in the car park and all of the rooms net curtains were sagging and messy, that the interior would match and I wasn't wrong. The curtains didn't really fit the windows and I felt exposed to the car park.

The cooked breakfast was what I would class as 'value' - one sausage, fair sized piece of bacon, no mushrooms, optional beans and large tomato which was warmed not really cooked and grilled. I am being reminded by my partner that I always comment on the quality of the sausages in my reviews - but I think its important - surely a more quality sausage from the local area wouldn't be hard to source - instead a small pink, mostly non -meat alternative is poor. Although a nice quirky touch was the odd smiley face potato cake.

The staff were friendly but I will not return to this Motel. With plenty of competition in the local area just a few small changes could make for an improvement.

Room Tip: Check that you have a room with curtains that cover the windows!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SkydiveAnnie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cholderton
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
Premier Inn Andover Hotel
The Star & Garter
The Star & Garter
#2 of 8 in Andover

Been to Parkhouse Motel? Share your experiences!