“Wet day visit!☔”

Cholderton Charlie's Farm
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited the farm on a wet day and got soaked!
There was an indoor play area where we sheltered for the worst of the weather, the rest of the farm/ play areas were exposed to the elements so sadly they did not get much use from my children which was saddening as we paid full price for entry including the kids!:(
Our visit was nevertheless enjoyable and the animals made it all the more fun!
I liked the fact that there staff were far and few between as there is nothing worse than having the feeling your being watched when you visit attractions like these.
Will return again on a dry day and use groupon discount!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"friendly animals"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Run down, shabby overpriced you get the distinct impression that there is no real pride in the place, We were there for three hours and didn't see one member of staff near any of the animal enclosures or children's play areas. If you want a good day out at a farm park with your children (or grandchildren) then you'd be better off going somewhere else. We certainly shan't be going back even though its only a few miles down the road.

1  Thank KJBulford
Reviewed August 17, 2013

visited on the 16/08/13 , first port of call was the cafe for a light lunch. ok where to start , the room is nice until you walk into the part where you order the food. the first thing to hit me was the lack of organisation ,it was just a mess with food stored in old butter containers (so unprofessional) then there was the lack of choice. i ordered cheese and ham panini , the sandwich was OK except that they had used pre cooked bacon and re heated it so it was now like leather. then came my coffee i order a reg size latte , i should have checked what they thought reg was, it arrived in the smallest paper cup ever , i did not know they made paper cups that small and to top it off it cost £2.20. i for one will never be back, as for the animal pens they did not seam that well maintained and so smelly.

2  Thank johnmac_317
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Came here on my own with three kids, 9 months, 9 and 14 as husband out galavanting -Very relaxing !! Strange to say this but the whole place felt pleasant, clean and I simply didnt feel hassled in anyway...we all enjoyed feeding the animals , playing on the obstacle course and the nature walk where we were lucky enough to see two wild deer! If you want full blown disney type entertainment then this will not suit you and I can only think the people writing the very negative reviews either have children that simply cant just enjoy being a kid and learning about the animals there and /or the parents are incapable of empowering their children to enjoy the simple things in life without it being thrust in their faces.
We didnt use the cafe as I took a picnic so cant comment on that but see no reason for it to be bad and there were plenty of people eating in.
I think the overall feeling of space added to the relaxed feeling. We only live 3 miles away but this was our first visit. It is somewhere the older kids wouldnt go to each weekend as not enough to entertain them to that extent but when our little one starts to walk we will become members as we think it will be brilliant to take him there for somewhere to play and learn about the animals at the same time..
Highly recommended. We stayed 4.5 hours !! I think for older children maybe 3 hours might be the max but for younger ones and if you take a picnic you coudl certainly stay much longer. We are used to being around animals but it was still fun to feed the pigs and goats as they have such great characters and they obviously know they are going to get fed. I do agree despite us loving it that if there hadnt have been so many baby animals we might have been a bit quicker going round the pens..
The only slight downer is that they charge extra for the tractor and pony rides which I think is a bit cheeky..
Pros - low key and relaxing, plenty of space for the kids to run and play games, very clean and well maintained, animals all seemed to be in good condition and the runs seemed adequate.
Cons - possibly slightly expensive if paying full price, having to pay extra for the tractor/pony rides

Feedback for the attraction - Could definitely ramp up the "to do" factor , nature trail type treasure hunt, more hands on with the animals, get the kids mucking out etc let the kids lead the goats around, maybe some talks on the animals there