“One night business stay”
Review of New Forest Lodge

New Forest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Landford
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed last night June 25th. Check in quick and host was cheerful and helped me with luggage to room.
Room was at side oh hotel so road noise not a problem and was large and clean. Bathroom was nice and smelt clean. Bed was very soft and comfy and pillows were fine for me as I am picky. Free wi-fi was good and did not drop out at all.
TV had enough channels to keep me occupied. Dd have a buzz sound but not off putting.
Slept well and had breakfast at reasonable price of £7.50. That was fine and worth the money. Would use again when back in the area later this year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Big room, quite well finished, clean and tidy, but the New Forest Lodge is nothing special. It's in the same market segment as Premier Inn, and, frankly, they do it better. This place is a bit too close to the A36, the internal sound insulation isn't good enough (especially considering its a fairly new building), the TV needs replacing (old 4:3 LCD with cheap Freeview box plugged in the back: poor reception on several channels), the bed squeaked badly. And I prefer to have a member of staff on site 24 hours a day.

Room Tip: It's possible the rooms at the back suffer less from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Synman
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights as we were attending a wedding. For what we wanted it was excellent The rooms are generous in size, clean ,well appointed and equipped with everything one could need. including iron and ironing board. The bed was the most comfortable that I have slept in away from home.The bathroom was a good size with plenty of hot water .
The hotel is right on the A 36 so easy to find ,the downside is the potential for traffic noise though I must admit that this was not a problem for us.
The hotel does not have any public rooms apart from a smallish breakfast area, there is no lounge or bar area .The Owner was helpful and friendly and offered us some good advice about locations where we could meet up with friends before the afternoon wedding. He had also offered the use of the breakfast area had that been more convienient.
Breakfast is not included in the price of the room but at £7.50 offered excellent value and variety of choice of cooked breakfast as well as juices cerials and yoghurt and excellent fresh coffee. I have to be wheat free ,glutin free toast was provided for me which was super.
I would certainly stay here again provided that we did not want the use of a lounge or bar on site. As mentioned by other reviewers there is an Indian resturant on the same site and no end of good pubs and resturants located within a few minutes drive. There is ample free parking on site.
For a quick stopover I could not think of a better place.

Room Tip: Upstairs and towards the back of the property. We were upstairs midway along the corridor and it wa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mooredup
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice clean & well presented hotel with very helpful & polite staff. However the pictures of the hotel could be misleading as it portraits the hotel as situated in a rural setting but actually that's just a field next to the hotel. The hotel is located on the main A36 so is easy to find & is just a couple minutes drive from the New Forest. Value for money could of been better if the price of the breakfast was included but overall a pleastant stay. If though you're looking for something a little bit more lively then try Downton as this place is pretty remote.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was staying away on business and found the New Forest Lodge via Bookings.com. My expectations were'nt high - just a reasonably priced twin room, single occupancy near to my client. What a surprise when I arrived. The Lodge was pristine, the welcome impeccable, and I was escorted to my room, bag carried for me and everything explained. The room was delightful. Immaculate and very comfortable and with free WiFi. There was even an ironing board and iron tucked away in a cupboard. Lovely hot strong shower and a (moveable) desk so that I wasn't working with my nose to the wall. Even though the Lodge is on the A36, there was very little traffic noise and I got a great night's sleep.

I would recommend the Lodge to anyone. In fact, I've booked to go back next month on another business trip and am planning to take hubbie down for a weekend break to try the very delightful looking Indian restaurant next door and (I am reliably told by my client) the glorious New Forest countryside and a lovely pub on a green just down the road. Can't wait.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed one night attending family reunion locally.Superb location close to New Forest attractions. Clean, modern with polite friendly staff.Has an excellent indian restaurant next door and a pub 100 yards up the road.What more could one want. Only criticism is that sound carries from corridors and upper floors which might upset the light sleeper. Breakfast value for money. Would certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank crib46
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Best place we have stayed so far in England! Spotlessly clean, wonderfully comfortable and nothing was too much trouble for the friendly, helpful staff. Ideally located, the New Forest and the ponies start only 5 minutes down the road. We wanted to stay longer but alas no vacancies.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the fields.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landford
Forest Lodge Hotel
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Penny Farthing Hotel
Penny Farthing Hotel
#5 of 8 in Lyndhurst

Been to New Forest Lodge? Share your experiences!