“Never again”
Review of Farmer Giles - CLOSED

Farmer Giles
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been here today with my 7 year old granddaughter and will never return. the whole place looks shabby and dirty in great need for an overhaul, it has not seen a coat of paint i would say in a very long time. we went on the tractor ride and had to hold on for dear life the driver was stopping and starting and then the tractor stopped on the hill and he had to get the tools out quite frightening. the toilet area was very smelly not a pleasant experience . the cost of entry and the cost of rides when you get in there was very expensive i have been to far better places for less cost very disappointing .

3  Thank pinkywiltshire
There are newer reviews for Farmer Giles

Reviewed August 20, 2012

As a childcare practitioner I know that children love Farmer Giles. I have taken with my colleagues numerous children here on many occasions it is a fantastic experience for young ones as they learn about the different animals - Parents your children will love it!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Went there today with my 5 yr old. Went there after reading that Farmer Giles had had a makeover in the local press. After visiting today I now realise that it was in fact Mr Farmer Giles who must have had the "Make Over" as it clearly wasn't this Farm.

The whole Farm/Place looks and is extremely sad. I have read other reviews here on Trip Advisor unfortunately after i had come back from the visit. I can say that the "Bouncey Castle" which was noted as "Punctured/deflated" at the begining of June, is still in the same "Deflated" state. Also on the bicycle track, nearly half of the Bikes were faulty (flat tyres and broken wheels).

The Children's play area Has a Climbing Frame that must have been bought second hand and should have been re-painted before being installed and there is no padding on the frame which has plenty of sharp protruding edges etc.

The whole place needs a good clean and a coat of paint. But i guess from the way this place is being run that is not going to happen anytime soon.

For what it is the price is too high for what is on offer at the moment.

I certainly will not be going back again.

1  Thank Ian9630
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Agree with some reviews that the place needs a damn good clean - namely indoor play area (ball pool was covered in dust).
Our toddler loved the animals and the area and fields are great for toddlers to explore so we had a nice time.
Only big concern was the outdoor playground. Lots of dangers for children - 2 nails sticking out and wooden platform bowing and splintered wood. I happy to visit a working farm and for it to look like a farm (thats the charm of the place) but it does not require much money or effort to do a deep clean or fix broken equipment.

2  Thank loud2011
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have to be completely honest and say how disappointed I was with the farm.... I was born and raised in the country and have no issue with smells, dirt etc... this was not my issue! My issue was the sad looking animals who are all desperate for food and attention... the inside play area that consisted of two rockers and a ball pit that hasn't been cleaned for years... The staff I have to say were all very helpful, however after visiting two other similar farms this is so poor in comparison.
The restaurant were charging £7 for a plain jacket potato which is outrageous and had no menu to offer us... We also found two loose hanging plugs in the play areas which were in reach of my 1 year old who is very inquisitive and wanted to play with both of them!!
The baby change was also hanging off the wall and the toilets were covered in cobwebs and some questionable stains!
I would suggest to everyone to stay away.... the farm looks like it hasn't had any love and attention for years and desperately needs some!!

6  Thank 124VictoriaB