“Great customer service after pickup confusion!”
Review of Kaiteriteri Kayaks

Kaiteriteri Kayaks
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Kayaking Abel Tasman National Park Kaiteriteri Kayaks has been operating sea kayaking tours in the Abel Tasman National Park for nearly 20 years. With every trip we ensure that: safety is a priority; everyone has a relaxed time in an enjoyable atmosphere, and the beautiful environment is respected. Our trips are about experienced guides and good times, not hard work. For lots of laughs join a trip with the locals! Over 50 kilometres of coastline offers dozens of golden sand beaches to visit, while the many coves and lagoons provide plenty of interesting nooks and crannies to explore. Sea kayaking here also opens up a world of sea and bird life encounters with animals such as penguins, seals and dolphins. So all in all, you’ve got to say, it’s really not a bad spot!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked the tour 'Royale with Cheese + north walk'.
After having some problems* with the pickup from my accommodation I had the most fantastic time in Abel Tasman.
The national park is just beautiful and all the staff at base as well as guide was knowledgeable and helpful.
I can really recommend it for people who want to hike and kayak without having to carry all their gear.

* I was told I would be picked up from my hostel in Nelson at 7.20 but when they were late for the pickup I called them. It turned out they had been by my hostel earlier at a time not mentioned on the phone. I started to panic a bit, but the staff on phone was very nice and told me to not worry, there was a bus departing from the city center I could take.
It was a fair bit away from my hostel but managed to hitch a ride to the bus. I made it to Kaiteriteri too late for the aquataxi but staff was keeping it positive and offering free paddle boarding while I waited for the next aquataxi.
Though I got out in the park 2hrs after originally scheduled time I had a nice walk to my hut in Bark Bay. All my gear was waiting for me and on the way back the next morning I had a lovely kayak trip through turquoise water.

Throughout the whole mishap with the pickup I found staff very helpful and never once trying to blame me as a customer. I also received a refund for some of the cost.
That mistakes can happen is understandable and considering the circumstances the company did a good job compensating me for it.

All in all I really recommend this company for caring about their customers. Kaiteriteri Kayaks gave me great customer service as well as a memorable tour in one of New Zealand's most beautiful national parks!

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Did a full day royale with cheese trip. Harley our guide was chilled out and knew a lot about the area and the marine sealife. We paddled about 15km along the coast, had some seals playing around in the water next to us, saw some rare penguins and had lunch on an amazing beach. Awesome value for money and in my opinion the best way to explore the national park.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

made a last minute booking whilst en-route to nelson
so glad we chose to go with kaiteriteri kyaks
bus picked us up bang on time from our accomodation, and dropped us off in kaiteriteri.
met our super cool guide Cooper, who gave us all safety briefing and tuition on efficent paddeling.
soon on the sea on our way to split apple. beautiful scenery, and great to views.
interesting stories and lovely cookies on the beach.
caught the water taxi up the coast, and did the nice walk back to bark bay (approx 2hrs).
great day out, thanks guys!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The kayaking trip was great, but be careful regarding the way your credit card is charged. I was surprised to later see that I had been charged in US dollars without being asked (elsewhere in NZ I was charged in NZ dollars), that the exchange rate was bad, and that a 2.5 percent commission was added. All without cheking with me.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were intending to spend two days hiking on our own on the Abel Tasman Coastal Track and the last day kayaking back. We didn't really know which kayaking company was the best so we made our reservation through the i-Site. We were extremely satisfied with the service we got from Kaiteriteri Kayaks.

Although we only signed up for a kayaking trip (Big Tonga Marine Reserve) for our third day in the park, we were well taken care of from the first day in the national park. We were picked up from our hostel and dropped off at the Kaiteriteri centre at Marahau, which is near the trailhead. Over there, the friendly staff gave us essential information and tips for our two-day hike. We also managed to rent/buy some equipment from them such as our sleeping bags and gas canisters for cooking.

Kayaking was definitely the highlight of our stay in Abel Tasman. On the day of kayaking, we met up with Steve, our friendly guide, and the rest of the kayakers on the beach which we are setting off from. We didn't have to worry about our backpacks as Steve arranged for them to be transported back to Marahau via the water taxis. We were given fleece jackets and spray jackets and they were really great in keeping out the wind, water and cold. There was also a dry box for us to put our cameras in it. Steve was very knowledgeable and shared with us a lot about the local wildlife and history. He was also very good at pointing out the wildlife too! Lunch was wholesome and delicious. We had sandwiches, cookies, muffins, and hot drinks... more energy for more kayaking. Towards the end, we even got to try sailing on our kayaks and that was great fun.

After kayaking, we went back to Marahau via water taxi. There were shower facilities for us to use at the centre at Marahau. We were then transported back to our hostel in Nelson. Everything organised by Kaiteriteri Kayaks was perfect and very well done!

1  Thank alienshu