“Won't be going back!”

Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Concord
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I use to enjoy going to Maranellos but the last two visits have been disappointing. There were 6 of us and none of us were happy with our meals, with some dishes being in eatable - with almost raw seafood, over cooked gnocchi and hardly any chicken on a chicken pizza this was a meal that will turn me off coming back. When speaking with the manager about our concerns he told us " This is how it's done in Italy & that everyone has their own personal taste" coming from Italian descent and a family who has visited Italy I can assure this is NOT how they do it! Isn't there an un-written rule that the customer is always right!

They did give us 50% off one of the dishes but in the end it was how the manager handled our feedback.

We will not be going back!!

3  Thank Mariko L

Reviewed January 31, 2014

we have had dinner here twice both times great authentic food the first time i went with someone that knew the owner so got excellent service and had a fantastic night! the second time we went they were not as attentive got our drink orders wrong the waiter wasn't listening to us when we were ordering and they took our starter away without asking and there was still half left food was good but not a good atmosphere.I feel bad saying this as the first time we went we a had a great night but the second time was no good.

1  Thank han19894
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have been here many times since moving into the area and absolutely love Maranello's.
The waiters are friendly and attentive, the food is delicious and it's really well priced.

We always start with the cheese & garlic pizza as it's amazing and I have tried quite a few of their pizzas and pastas which have all been delicious. I hardly ever order pasts at restaurants because more often than not I left feeling that I could have made it myself but not at Maranello's. Their pizza bases are light and crispy and the wood fired oven gives them that wonderful smoky flavour.

I have been here with my partner, in smaller and larger groups with friends and family and every time everyone has completely enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Cudos given where its owed and after tonight's visit my family explained that the pizza was actually quite nice so great job there. However that was the only good point.
A lot of Italian waiters, understandably, however the amount of swearing in Italian about other waiters and customers was appalling!
Nail in the coffin was when asking about Gluten free they were quite knowledgeable on the topic and menu options however on delivery was definitely not gluten free. So caution all Gluten intolerant's.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We lunched here as a group and found the food and service quite good and speedy. Although the pasta is pricey the servings were fairly generous. Only criticism was that theTortellini Boscaiola didn't have any garlic or onions but was hot, creamy, fresh and tasty nevertheless. Others in the group chose various mains and pizzas and were happy with their choice. Good choice of wines, beers and soft drinks.