“Dreamland!!!!”

La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Dreamland!!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The most beautiful place I've ever seen. If you want a close to nature experience, this is the place you should go, a lot of activities to do. We went for lunch and food is delicious. Excelent and very friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank No Ma M
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear guest:

Greetings from La Reunión Golf Resort & Residences.

Thank you so much for your time and comments concerning your recent stay in our property.

Dreamland ! is a wonderful expression and we really appreciate your message. It helps to other travelers to be connect with the experience you received.

Hope to see you in a very near future !

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Anaheim Hills, CA
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We spent the day here golfing, to dine and visit the whole property. This place is as nice as it gets anywhere in the world. The fairways are narrow and the greens were tough. The food was delicious. All the staff we encountered were fantastic!!

Stayed July 2014
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your last stay with us. We really aprreciate your time and opportunity to serve you.

In fact, our resort is so pretty and all the staff and local citizens are so proud of it.

We are expecting to see you again in a very near future.
Kindly regards,

San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Well, a place to remember. As a matter of business I stayed one night and regret not having spent more time there. And although I do not play Golf, the room is spectacular enough to enjoy all day in their Jacuzzi and heated indoor pool.
Sadly I travelled without company, but I think the place could be enjoyed even with family and kids. Keep in mind that the place is a "Club" so you will never be completely "solo".
At about 20km you will be in Antigua where you have plenty of places to meet and spend the day too.
Definitely I´ll go back to the hotel soon and take my family with me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Greetings from La Reunión Golf Resort & Residences

We really appreciate your time and comments concerning your recent stay in our property.

We hope to see you again with more innovation in our outlets and rooms in a very near future.
Sincere Regards,

Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed June 17, 2014

La Reunion is a world class golf and hotel in the most beautiful and spectacular setting.The residences all have stunning views and are very well equipped if you want to self-cater. Ours was a 2 bedroom unit with a central living area set amongst the trees with great views but not of the course. A small omission was the lack of face cloths and dressing gowns. We originally were only booked in for 1 night but as we were enchanted by the place we extended our visit for another night. This enabled us to complete our round of golf which had been rained off after 9 holes.we took our meals on the terrace overlooking the golf course and surrounding countryside - the views are simply spectacular. The golf course is manicured and beautiful to look at - playing it deserves a specific review. The food- under the supervision of the very friendly head chef Amicar - is excellent and the service great with most of the bar and restaurant staff speaking English.If you arrive on the weekend they have a spectacular brunch. With golf and the bar and restaurant and a residence to relax in we never felt the need to leave the estate. At this time of year it was quiet and rained both days but it was the relaxing break we needed. A taxi to Antigua is $ 35 if you organised privately if you want to leave the estate.
Definitely worth staying at when in Guatemala even if you don't play golf.i agree with one of the other reviewers that the concierge staff had limited English but fortunately one of our party spoke Spanish .

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the golf course
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Francis:

Thank you so much for you kindly response regarding your stay in our resort days ago.

We really appreciate your comments, your experience is really helpful for other travellers around the word.

This hotel and golf course is absolutely beautiful scenery for vacations and local and foreign visitors.

Concerning your recommendations about more bilingual staff, let me inform you, since january 2014 some of our service staff are taking english lessons and we are improving coaching sesions for them too.

Thanks again for your time. We are going to share this letter with the other team members and hope to see you again in a near future.

Sincerely Regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Breath- taking , the first words that come to mind when you drive up the long hill and first behold what awaits you. The moment I stepped out of my taxi I knew I had made a wonderful decision. What this place embodies is warmth, the amazing views in almost any direction you look makes this feel like a true paradise. With 4 volcanoes all around and Fuego constantly smoking , made for the most beautiful photos.
I will highlight everything I loved and then my downsides:
View- like no other , miles of pure lush greenery.
- * must wake up early at least 6 am to really appreciate the true beauty of this place , all volcanoes are usually in full view with not a cloud in sight.
- I'm not a golfer, but the golf course looked marvelous, a few times during my visit people flew in on a helicopter ( there's a helipad) to play a few rounds of golf then fly back out.
Food- Amazing from the first day the chef came up and said don't hesitate to ask for something , and he was true to his word . Anything I asked he delivered , and it was totally delicious. Just may be the best quesadilla and ceviche I've ever had.
Bar ( needed its own line) - since I spent most evening here, actually all except one pouring night . The bartender knew how to make great drinks, when we weren't downing a cold Gallo, the margarita filled in nicely and the Guatemalan rum Zacapa was just as tasty.
Staff- knew our name from the first day, extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. Raul, Mynor , Chef Amicar , Julio and christian have to get special mention, since they made my visit complete.
- Excellent wifi throughout property.

A few of my downsides:
- The hotel is located to far from action and the town of Antigua , and this is only an issue since their service to the town is $80 roundtrip ( OUCH) . it took about 25 mins to Antigua but I most certainly wouldn't pay $80 daily so at times you feel forced to remain at Hotel , which actually wouldn't be an issue if there were several and a wide variety of activities or tours planned from there.
- Also, this is my first time in history travelling and a bathroom not having a washcloth, this may not be an issue for others but my shower isn't complete without one. ( I will say after inquiry they found one and provided it but I had that same one for the entire stay which made me think its a rare commodity).
-Again this have to do with the distance- I think maybe Friday and Saturday nights should have at least a little music with some dancing if going into Antigua isn't as accessible and pricey.
- Concierge staff spoke limited English , sometimes got lost in translation.
- swim- up bar and the Snack bar was closed the entire time I was there, real bummer.
- More traditional Guatemalan meals should be on menu, I travel to a foreign place to indulge in their culture. ( but as stated earlier the chef was extremely flexible and more than accommodating so my off the menu meals were excellent).

I think I've touch my major points, this hotel was suitable for my purpose, after months of pure exhaustion, I just wanted to rest and have a quiet birthday. I got just that, staff who treats you like royalty and total peace of mind. Simply Paradise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest:
Greetings from La Reunión Golf Resort & Residence!

We received your comments regarding your recent stay in our property and we really want to thank you for your time in let us know your nice experience in our resort and the aspects we need to solve.

We are improving more changes concerning service, remodelations and will be a pleasure for us to having you in a near future.

Thank you again for your letter and please feel free to contact us if you have any request.

Fl.
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 days at this lovely resort. We stayed in Suite 130 which has a picturesque view of the golf course, mountains and an active volcano. We particularly enjoyed breakfasts on the veranda. The only drawback was that our hot-tub stayed warm rather than hot. We are anxious to return to this incredible facility!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay in our Resort. We really appreciate your feedback for another travelers around the world.

Concerning the hot water in room #130 we already fixed up. My sincere apology for the inconvenient.

We hope to see you in a near future.
Regards!!!

San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at La Reunion for a week at one of the Suites they have, and I found it outstanding!!! and accommodating!!! the stuff always went out of their way to accomplish what I asked for, when I needed something, the view to the volcan de Fuego and all the landscapes was amazingly beautiful. For sure I´ll comeback again. the best place!!!

Room Tip: All of them suites are amazing!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Mr. Marvin L:

Grettings from La Reunión Golf Resort & Residences !
We really appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay in our property.

Actually we are improving special packages for Eco Adventure attractions perfect for Kids and Family activities like rappel, pintball, mini golf and much more.

Will be a pleasure for us to see you again in a near future.

Regards,

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alotenango
Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo
El Convento Boutique Hotel
Porta Hotel Antigua
Porta Hotel Antigua
#3 of 75 in Antigua

Been to La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!